Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

we need to liven this place up

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  EvoManiac IX 
#1 ·
evom is kool sometimes is aiiight but there are a lot of ricers over there. here is pretty kool but nobody come here that much. i like it here more cause there are not that many people here so we can be a pretty tight group. we need to liven this place up. :thumb:

#3 ·
I agree...it gets kinda dead sometimes...

but as far as vids...well they are cool and all...but I can't watch them.

I'm still on damn 56k...I hate it cause thats all we can get where I am at right now. But when I bring my comp (its a laptop) to my g/f's house I can plug into her cable:thumb:

#4 ·
I think one thing we can do is to get more people to take pics of their Evos and upload them in the Gallery. This way people can start sharing their photos and spark more discussion about them.

If you go to any events, make a conscious effort to take a camera with you and bring back some photos to share with the rest of us. Videos are nice too, but photos are great for creating discussion.

You guys tell me what I can do to help out - what can I add to the site?

#5 ·
i dont think it is a problem of people not knowing. The main problem is that Evos are soo new that not many people have them, thus; do not have the idea to join any tuner boards. I might be hitting up a few big drag track meets soon, and i wil be sure to take lots o pics to help out :). I KNOW maybe if you gave away a free EVO a month to a random member, people will come! hah now that is a good idea. See what you can do hahaha. BTW i think i should be the first EVO winner, you know.

#9 ·
wishihadanEVO said:
Agreed, i still dont get why they decided to go with the altezza tails EWWW. that would definitely be on of my first mods on my FREE EVO :winkwink:
$400 for replacement tail lights? No thanks.....i'd prefer engine mods over tails anyday. I dont see my taillights.....only the people I'm passing do ;-)

Chris - I think a give-away is a great idea. I think an engine mod would be better then tails but if you decide to go with external mods, how about a UK Badge or a 4/5 point harness. Personally, I think the tails are fine when the cost to replace them is $400.

#14 ·
12secEVO said:
A real question is...what made/makes dsmtuners so successful...once you answer that...apply it to here
Well, I've vowed not to spam other sites to try and get more traffic here like I did for DSMtuners :) but hey, I just might have to resort to that!

No, really though, what drew most people to DSMtuners is that we were offering unique features that weren't offered anywhere else on the web, by any other car enthusiast site around. People have used our ideas to catch up. We're working on a few things that will help EVOtuners be the same way - it's just a little tougher to do these days as more and more webmasters flood the web with cookie-cutter-style forums sites that have little else to offer in the way of content. We have to battle for attention among a crowd of other sites who went out and bought a license for vbulletin and are trying to establish their own community. Take a look at how much work we've put into our Parts Catalog alone and that should tell you how dedicated we are to building a top notch EVO community. Anyone can setup a forums site. We're working on doing a bit more than that.

If nothing else, we can always be sure that our community will be friendly and will not allow flaming and arguments between members or vendors. That alone should help set us apart from what's out there now.

I know what you're saying Eric, and believe me, I'm working on it. You guys just keep working on bringing in people you know or people you meet.

#17 ·
evo_dadi said:
well im a mod on norcalevo ans one thing for sure that helps the place to keep poppin is the friendly atmosphere it has,and a bunch of people who helps other evo owners.all we could do also is just kinda ride along since this site is kinda newer compared to the other boards.
Agreed - a friendly and helpful atmosphere is something that will definitely help any site along. I haven't had too much time to check out Norcalevo, but I've heard good things. Thanks for checking in on us - maybe you can help answer some of the questions in our Tech forums.

We don't want all the experienced people coming here to just Hangout ;) Since you guys are local, it would be cool to meet up some time.

#18 ·
hell im not even from socal but i pop in there every once in a while to sheck out whats going on... here in oklahoma there are only about 6 evo guys i know so we are pretty much our own lil crew.

i like it here though.... not so stupid and childish like some places

#19 ·
hey luda if you want you can come to our upcoming meet on the 22nd in fremont at ATP.we have a dynoday and an aftermeet thing going on also at union city after.

hey novtec i kinda like the small numbers also so you get to know them pretty well.and good to hear that you guys dont have anybody giving you shit there.

#21 ·
I agree

evolutionized said:
i agree..... we need some suggestions on what we can do to make it more lively here. There should be a media section with videos and pics and stuff like that. Everyone love a good racing video. i posted mine but not that many people looked at it.
Yea I really think it would bring in so much more attention if we could get a media section to start posting videos. . .or maybe even some games!?!

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.