Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum - View Single Post - weak evo8
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: weak evo8
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
yangs4ever4g63

more details

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangs4ever4g63 View Post
Yea, Now I know I need to adjust the clutch since so many people had said so. I know that's not the main problem why my car is running weak. Maybe something is loose, it could be! I gotta double check all hoses to make sure. Other then that, I thought about changing my oil? The car had been sitting in my garage for awhile so I thought it could posibbly be that since oil can make your car run stronger. Spark plugs are oem and had been in the car ever since I bought it at 20k. Now I have 47k. Maybe somethings loose but it seems to backfire once in awhile and the engine shakes unusually. Something doesn't seem to be running right under the car. Makes weird noises when I drive around..Any advice, help me out. The clutch&fly wasn't the hardest of them all but it was just time consuming especially the tranny part. As long as I had steps to follow, I was fine. But next time, i'mma take it to a professional instead of letting my car sit for awhile.
The beating sound/backfire seems to be heard from under the manifold. When I turn on A/C on. it tends to beat even more from under the engine and out the exhaust. Tomorrow or Tuesday, i'm goin to give it a more detailed look. Any info will help.. thanks

P.S Maybe the tranny disconnected some wires or hit something while we were trying out best to put it back on. It was stuck on the very back for awhile until we pryed it off the edge.
Offline   Reply With Quote