Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Tuning

16K views 116 replies 22 participants last post by  Warrtalon 
#1 ·
I just bought an '03 Evo III with some mods and it is in serious need of a tune.
Can someone recommend a good tuning shop locally here in Denver?

Thanks.

#43 ·
Warr....

First of all you know nothing about my car. I think that a 122 mph trap speed and a 11.50 is pretty damn good with out a second and a third gear. But if you think you can drive my car better by all means lets see it, mr. pro race car driver. How about befour you open your mouth and start talking shit about my track times you get the whole story.

If you think your car can even come close to what i ran with out a second and third gear than I would love to see it,but you and I bolth know that would never happen so get your story straight befour you start runing your mouth.:nono:

#51 ·
Carz is a great shop for parts, tuning, dyno, install etc. They alwasy seem to have parts in stock....which is good:)

Tobz, does great tuning....and is very good at explaining things to people.....espescially stupid people like me.

JustDSM is a good tuner also......when he is actually in town....and not protecting all of us from the slime outside of the US:)

You have several options. Don't mind the drama...it's between a few people and they can all work that out on their own.

#52 ·
Hey DenverEvo are you just getting a flash? Well from personal experience I've gotten tunes from 4 local tuners. Right now I had a local tuner Don, tune my AEM 35R and it's running great. I had my car flashed in the passed by Nick at Mac Autosports and Justin (another local tuner) currently in Iraq. But both flashes were great and car ran very smooth. I'd recommend any of these locals for your tune but I'd like to point out, I'm most pleased with my current tune by Don at HRD. He by far as the most experience tuning many different systems so I'd definitely contact him. If you need any info just pm me. Welcome to the club man!

#53 ·
Hey DenverEvo, the word "tune" is not a sore sunject but rather people are sore about it... ull have to look past all the drama and find out who is right for u.... and only u, despite what other people say. Tobz is tunning me and I love it... I had had problems with a local shop here in the springs who "tunes" but there tunes were less then crap. But if u can look past all the crap that has/is goin on here then u will find alot of usefull info, everyone has something to offer... from track experience to tunning to anything.

I have also heard great things about Carz and never a bad thing. I hear they are a great shop, with great people and I would only expect them to know evos since I hear the owner has 2 of them. which is kick ass.

Justin is also I great tunner from what I hear, (i have no experience with him) I have talked to him via PM on the other site... he is a good guy with alot of wisdom to offer...

Just dont mind the dram since I guess we are not all grown up, and wanna act like were in H.S.

and this brings me to my off topic point. I got called a 3rd Grader on here. and what not. well what are u guys acting like with all this drama and shit.... seriously guys its time to drop it all and just relax... calm the #### down everyone.... we have all had enough of it.

#54 ·
Alright, first let me say that I didn't read any further then page one of this thread so I'm not sure if anyone else has said this but I think BRP and Wartalon need to be on some kind of tuner reality show where they have to live, work, drive, tune, etc... TOGETHER! This would be a real riot, sh!t I know I'd tune in! "This week on BRP & Talon, Wartalon steals BRP's EVO and takes it to Bandi. What did he run? tune in to find out". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#56 ·
Carz = A big joke. I've never heard of anyone telling a customer "it's ok if your car idles between 16:1 and 18:1 air/fuel ratios. Just let me know if anything happens." until I heard that "someone from Carz" (Lucas *cough*) tell that to a buddy of mine. Wow, expert advice there for sure. Carz = egotistical people that think they're the shit just because no other shop in this state gives a #### enough to build a car that can destroy theirs, mainly because their customer bases are like triple what Carz pulls in so it doesn't matter. Yet still the Carz fanboys still seem to think they're the best just cause they pulled a supposed 810 out of a juiced Evo. All that and still Buschur's car with a smaller turbo and no Nitrous at FULL WEIGHT would run circles around that shop car at bandi, that shop car that wasn't even built by Carz themselves.

Warrtalon, we had our differences before, and I realize I'm probably only making things worse, but it's pretty terrible to see how immature a shop owner and his customers can be. It's really unfortunate to see how they are treating you when I read the thread from start to finish and you said nothing offensive to them at all. BRP is a queer who is quite a bit too proud of his own meager horsepower numbrs and really needs to just can it and realize his car isn't shit compared to the many of the evos around (yes including the Carz one). If you guys think Warr is so horrible, just exit the site quietly, be the bigger people, but I guess that's too much to expect from people who use Nitrous to amend their lack of tuning capability.

DenverEvo...you want drama and to be associated with some of the most disliked Evo owners in the state? Go to Carz. If you don't....you know what to do. Later. Off the forums for good now! Although I'll probably be back when Quinnie boy runs his mouth like he's bad. Maybe he'll invite me to fight him at the next Carz dyno day like he did before, lot of consideration for your shop there. Ha!

#61 ·
hahahahahahahaha. i had a pretty good idea you were retarded from previous posts but thanks for proving your point! the fat kid told me to "be the bigger people":tease:

where is your POS anyways? bring it out to one of the meets sometime, just make sure it comes equipped with excuses, or maybe your excuses come equipped with an evo(?)

#62 ·
WOW. this shit just keeps getting funnier... I really like how people talk smack on the internet... keep on goin guys....
and projectevo04 i really didnt see that comming out of anyone.... I though we were all here for the love of evos? guess not.

this site is only good to see what people really think about u... and to see alot of crap talkin. might as well go on CRN or the sti fourms now RMEVO is up there with them... good job guys!

#65 ·
We should be here for the love of Evos but igorance and people who just plain think they are better than everyone are more than present on these forums and kill the experience. I came here a couple months ago actually thinking that I would enjoy the forums and getting to know other Evo owners, then people recommend Carz to some people that come on here based SOLELY on the fact that they have a high hp Evo. Pretty shitty. I like to spend my time where people actually KNOW what they are talking about and have minds of their own, not spend my time in places like this where is a big circle jerk and promotion site for one shop.

I'm apathetic to this place, sorry Coevopower.

#68 ·
anytime little man. I have wone afew and lost a few. and trust me the only reason I ask about part is so I can gain knolage. so fu ck u man. u think ur the shit. ur not. so whos dick is in ur ass for to to start speakin up like this.

#90 ·
Ohh and to add I have never been to Carz Nor do I know lucas or have ever met the guy. and i have NEVER heard anything bad about carz or him since u started to talk crap. even people that are at rivlery shops are astonished with his work.

#106 ·
Laugh, he said one of those quotes on CEvoC where I don't even participate!!!! And there are MANY MORE comments like it over there, so how can you say this crap? Are you really that delusional? You actually freakin thing _I_ am the only person here doing anything? You are completely out of your mind.

Who am I bad mouthing? I call a spade a spade. I don't see someone run like shit and say, "oh well." If they run well, I congratulate (like Uterus), and if they run like shit, I try to find out what's wrong and help them. People DO care about trap speeds. You are a freakin fool or a liar if you try to tell me YOU don't care. Why the hell would you upgrade to a Green if you didn't want to be faster? Stop playing the "I don't care" card and get real for once. Every single one of you wants your car to be fast and doesn't want to be slower than the next guy if you have the same mods. Also, don't try to tell me BRP only says that to me when he's all over CEvoC saying the same shit.

#109 ·
I leave for the weekend to enjoy my favorite hobby which is Softball playing in a National Championship tournament and I come back to a cluster####.

I avoided this topic like a plague BUT I am seeing my forum name be used over and over again and I just can't sit back and take this reaming any longer.

First things first, I have asked ALL members of CEvoC to refrain from bad-mouthing, bashing and/or bringing this BS from here over to there (SEVERAL TIMES MIND YOU). I have a ZERO tolerance policy for any threads that talk about the topic of you and/or RMEvo. I have gotten to the point of becoming extremely pissed off with members that continue to do so. You don't like or want to see me pissed off. You can ask ANYONE that has been to any of the CEvoC sponsored events and ask them about what I've said and what I've asked and they can assure you of it. I'm getting to the point of extreme rage that my wishes are not being honored...

Secondly, I would appreciate it if you're not a member of my forum to refrain from taking posts, threads, comments etc. and bringing them over here to blow up the fan with shit slinging. I have done all I can to restrain and limit the amount of negativity from going across the internet on both sides. It seems that THIS site is becoming the breeding ground for such crap. It has NO place on my forum. PERIOD.

I'm out...

-E

#110 ·
E, this site has not become a breeding ground for anything. Are you kidding me? Crap ONLY STARTS when your members come over here and talk shit. It happens over and over again. The only exception is Madman - tuned by JustDSM - who made very similar comments as other antagonists but wasn't meaning it that way (he's not in Colorado), although it came across exactly like previous comments by Justin and Lucas themselves. Plus, they continue to talk shit openly on your forum with no repurcussion whatsoever. If you really don't think this is happening, then you need to read every single post and keep track. It's downright unbelievable the shit that is being spewed when I AM NOT THERE to defend myself. There are huge exaggerations, embellishments, and outright lies. No one seems to cared about that - it's open season for people to talk shit without having a single timeslip. It's as if no one is held accountable for anything they say as long as they say it over there. When they say shit over here, they get their feet held to the flame, and they don't like it. Just read Chuck's crap and the fact that 3 of them have called me an idiot just TODAY. Wow, if these guys could see who the real idiots were, they'd go home crying to mommy.

For the record, I think you're one of the few with any sense at this point, but I was not happy at all about the ETS comments.

#111 ·
E, this site has not become a breeding ground for anything. Are you kidding me?

Seems like you like to say that line an awfully lot the past few days. But I digress...

Crap ONLY STARTS when your members come over here and talk shit. It happens over and over again.

Now you refer to them as MY members. I cannot control what people do on your site. You have this site on lock and load with your moderating abilities.

The only exception is Madman - tuned by JustDSM - who made very similar comments as other antagonists but wasn't meaning it that way (he's not in Colorado), although it came across exactly like previous comments by Justin and Lucas themselves. Plus, they continue to talk shit openly on your forum with no repurcussion whatsoever. If you really don't think this is happening, then you need to read every single post and keep track. It's downright unbelievable the shit that is being spewed when I AM NOT THERE to defend myself.

I appalled at these comments. If you honestly think that there are no repercussions for their actions when it comes to comments about you on my forum then you are dead wrong. I have read each and every thread that gets posted on my forum day in/day out. I edit threads constantly to ensure that peace is kept and this bashing shit stays OFF my forum. Besides, last time I checked, guests were NOT able to view threads/posts. How the hell are you able to read/know what is being posted there anyways? Its not my fault you are not there to defend yourself. That was your decision to do so. Don't put that shit on me...

There are huge exaggerations, embellishments, and outright lies. No one seems to cared about that - it's open season for people to talk shit without having a single timeslip. It's as if no one is held accountable for anything they say as long as they say it over there. When they say shit over here, they get their feet held to the flame, and they don't like it. Just read Chuck's crap and the fact that 3 of them have called me an idiot just TODAY. Wow, if these guys could see who the real idiots were, they'd go home crying to mommy.

I had a LOT of respect for you up to this point. I frankly don't even know why you're bringing this point up about timeslips and people going to the track. Do you want me to hold their hand and pay their way into the track for them to run off timeslips for you to please you? Jesus Christ man, I'm one man here and only do things that pertain to my life. I have more important things than to give a flying #### about what people run on the track/dyno in a car THEY are paying for. What others do is their shit is their own business. Yes, I am tuned by JustDSM now and very happy with the car. I was NOT happy with the Tobz tune as my car ran like ass after the tune. I do not hit up the track because I am jobless and do not have the funds to break my shit trying to please you with timeslips. You know this. It's amazing I have to tell you this again.

For the record, I think you're one of the few with any sense at this point, but I was not happy at all about the ETS comments.

What ETS comments are you referring to? The ones about Tom not wanting anything to do with sponsoring you after the crap he's seen you post on EvoM? Seems someone talks to Tom more often than the other. You just mentioned that Tom only offered you discounted parts. Well, hate to break it to you but I was getting discounted parts from him long before you were. I didn't consider that sponsorship.
I don't know what more I can do at this point. I can't post on this forum anymore without getting pissed off with the constant bickering. Thanks for your time...

-E

#113 ·
E, we need to reconcile offline (AIM?), because a few of your reactions/replies above are not relevant to what I was saying, but maybe my comments came across to you a different way. I'm not claiming anything about Tom, so no need to bow up. I am upset that you would know such things and say them in a thread that was bashing me (it's still there) without every telling me as a friend and when you knew that I was _given_ the ETS FMIC by John, not by ETS, even though DB was led to believe otherwise. I was led to believe it was a sponsorship, then I held up my end of the bargain, but when I went to collect my payment back, he said they only do small percentages. I was misled, whethre intentionally or not, but at least he agreed to give me 50% back. That's all settled, but that was not what I was expecting as a sponsorship and got bit in the ass for not clarifying in writing. I didn't say anything bad about it - I just did my job and have spoken well of the products (they speak for themselves, imo). It ended as soon as it began, but I keep them in my sig for this season as a courtesy. You could have done me the courtesy of letting me know that ETS was "ready to boot my ass" or whatever instead of me finding out via phone call from a forum member who was in disbelief. I was just disappointed that you would pile on with that type of comment instead of coming to me as a friend. Not saying anything said a lot to me, but I still offered help with those parts after the fact, because of all the help you gave me previously.

One of the things BRP said about me that I quoted here is still on your site, and NO ONE responded to it, even though he made himself look like the biggest tool on the face of the earth...

Elvis, in terms of those in the "other" camp or whatever we want to call it, I'd say Troy and Josh (Uterus) are a few, although I have no idea what they say behind closed doors. Many who I previously respected or held in high regard have shown colors that I never believed could exist, which is a shame.

#114 ·
E, we need to reconcile offline (AIM?), because a few of your reactions/replies above are not relevant to what I was saying, but maybe my comments came across to you a different way. I'm not claiming anything about Tom, so no need to bow up. I am upset that you would know such things and say them in a thread that was bashing me (it's still there) without every telling me as a friend and when you knew that I was _given_ the ETS FMIC by John, not by ETS, even though DB was led to believe otherwise. I was led to believe it was a sponsorship, then I held up my end of the bargain, but when I went to collect my payment back, he said they only do small percentages. I was misled, whethre intentionally or not, but at least he agreed to give me 50% back. That's all settled, but that was not what I was expecting as a sponsorship and got bit in the ass for not clarifying in writing. I didn't say anything bad about it - I just did my job and have spoken well of the products (they speak for themselves, imo). It ended as soon as it began, but I keep them in my sig for this season as a courtesy. You could have done me the courtesy of letting me know that ETS was "ready to boot my ass" or whatever instead of me finding out via phone call from a forum member who was in disbelief. I was just disappointed that you would pile on with that type of comment instead of coming to me as a friend. Not saying anything said a lot to me, but I still offered help with those parts after the fact, because of all the help you gave me previously.

One of the things BRP said about me that I quoted here is still on your site, and NO ONE responded to it, even though he made himself look like the biggest tool on the face of the earth...
I'm going to ask again and hope I don't get ignored... Where/what/how are you getting this information off my forum? Being that you are not a member of it, you should not be able to view what is said there anyhow. Perhaps I can figure out who's "leaking" things but I hate to falsely accuse...

Secondly, the ETS thing was NOT my business to discuss with you friend or not. Someone asked about your ETS sponsorship and I interjected what I believed you had already known. My fault for thinking otherwise. I believe the issue to be a complete misunderstanding. Who cares, you resolved the issue with them, you learned your lesson regarding them and time to move on. (I did, which is why most of my ETS parts came off my car. They tried to ream me for a $2000 dollar buy-in as they called it to get a "great discount" on parts after I had already bought AND sold many parts for them to myself and various friends/enthusiast and earned them WAY more than a 2k buy-in without a dime in my pocket.)

The comment you are referring to by BRP was said AFTER the BBQ which he unfortunately could not attend. At the BBQ, I had mentioned (for the 5th time like a broken record) that I would NOT tolerate any threads/posts bashing you and/or RMEvo. I read the post on my mobile device and meant to delete it when I got to my computer but had forgotten to do so with all the other shit I had to deal with at the time. Damn me if I do and damn me if I don't.

I'm getting quite fed-up with repeating myself...

-E

#115 ·
I know you're trying, and please don't take my uses of the words "your members" and "your site" as blaming you for that. I'm just delineating between people who actively participate here and people who actively participate on CEvoC but only come here to cause problems. I don't go over and start anything, nor does anyone I know of, but the same cannot be said in reverse.

I'm hoping that the people who keep saying, "I'm never coming back to RMEVO!!!" would heed their own words instead of popping back in whenever they want to sling poo.

I have gotten info from multiple sources via text and voice. Why do you hide the information anyway? We don't hide anything here. I could make an account, but I was trying to avoid that for obvious purposes. Would you prefer I make an account that could potentially cause more heartache for you, or just get info occasionally?

You shoulda gotten on IM by now so we could reconcile a few things. :p

#116 ·
I know you're trying, and please don't take my uses of the words "your members" and "your site" as blaming you for that. I'm just delineating between people who actively participate here and people who actively participate on CEvoC but only come here to cause problems. I don't go over and start anything, nor does anyone I know of, but the same cannot be said in reverse.

Again, I cannot control what "members" do with their internet. If their life revolves around causing problems, well life is going to suck when they try to pull that on my site. I think the same goes over here BUT I think certain people like adding fuel to the fire.

I'm hoping that the people who keep saying, "I'm never coming back to RMEVO!!!" would heed their own words instead of popping back in whenever they want to sling poo.

Again, we can both wish the same things BUT can't force people to heed their own advice aside from a perma-ban which sucks to deal with. Don't ask me how I know...

I have gotten info from multiple sources via text and voice. Why do you hide the information anyway? We don't hide anything here. I could make an account, but I was trying to avoid that for obvious purposes. Would you prefer I make an account that could potentially cause more heartache for you, or just get info occasionally?

Several reasons for "hiding" the information. One is the fact that several guests from foreign countries were viewing threads, becoming members and attempting to spam the board. The other reason is due to what i've already spoken with you about in regards to certain business people who are NOT heeding my advice to stay OFF my forum or face the wrath of my lawyer. coughs*owners*coughs. There are also certain privileges of being a member that will open up over time. I was asked by several members to limit the openness of our technical information threads to which I obliged.

You shoulda gotten on IM by now so we could reconcile a few things. :p

My AIM has been a bitch the last few days. I gave up trying to make it work. I'll get around to it eventually. Feel free to email me regarding any concerns/problems you don't want posted here.
Sorry if I came off angry in a my previous postings but I believe it was justified in the fact that I cannot leave for a few days without coming home to deal with this crap. I guess I'll have to stop announcing when I'm out of town. WTF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.