Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

recently pucharesed 2006 evo mr .problem

7K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  SpeedySam 
#1 ·
im new to evos dont know much about them.
ive always wanted one as a kid. and now i got one. i had a low budget 15000. so it was hard.i finaly found one 2006 evo mr 28000 miles. i bought it from an action. they stated the car runs and drives. it did but doesnt run right . the tps sensor is currently unplug becuase the car will die if i plug it in. ive adjusted it to the voltage and still not working. ive done as much as i can . and i need to get this car running the way it should be. and i need your guys help..
im looking for some one that knows evo's in and out or if someone can derict me to a shop in socal that would help..

i noticed one thing thats not right on the car
and its that it has an evo 8 bov and it was installed backwards .
and as soon as i noticed it i fixed it.

so please help me out !:cry:

#2 ·
so you have a plastic BOV? post a pic of what is unplugged under the hood and also a general engine pic. The car has probably been modded before the auction and it didnt work out right so they put it back to stock and traded it in. There should be plent of shops in socal that can check out the car and help you fix any issues up front. Also contact your local dealer and see if they can pull a warranty history for your car, this may give you some insight into what was done with the car prior. Also have a boost leak test done this may be part of your problem.

#3 · (Edited)
thanks for fast reply

yea i have the black plastic one.

ill post pics when i get my camera back ..

i know for sure its the tps that is unplugged..
ive been to the dealer they scanned it and they gave me codes. and wrote some other things ill copy what they said...

code P0102, P0113, P0106 and P2228 engine has had many modifications installed and removed. tubing and hoses are not correct some hoses are coming apart .

ps i changed MAF already

#4 ·
why did you change the maf? was it bad? you need to find a good vaccum line guide. your local dealer should be able to give you some pics off of the caps program that may help. tps is tricky becuase they have to be put in right and calibrated or something along those lines. yeah it sounds like it was thrown together to just get rid of it. It probably has a tune and a fuel pump in it from the previous mods/partially causing it to run even worse.

#5 ·
i changed it cause the code came up. so i replaced it just in case
the tps i adjusted it using a volt meter.

as for the plastic bov im bidding on the jdm aluminum one right now..
idk if this will help anything..

i also thought about it having a tune...
how would i go about reflashing the ecu.

#6 ·
The evo 9 or the metal BOV is perfect for most cars, the plastic one starts leaking sometimes as low as 9 psi. a tune is a great thing or at least download your map and post it to see if it has been modified. you will need a tactrix cable and software which is free. check out the write-up on this forum or read up about ecuflash at openecu.org . if you have a wideband its fairly easy to get someone close to you to do a street tune with ecuflash. and your in socal so there should be plenty of shops that can help you out with that. Dont waste your money on a accessport or base flashes. get a custom tune after you get all the little issues worked out and you will be good to go!

#12 ·
smaller then most aftermarket. get a cheap working autometer in psi and go from there. they run about $30 -$40 for the cheapest. and see how much boost your car builds. should be around 17-19 max stock. but if your vac lines are messed up it is probably running straight off the wastegate which could be as low as 9psi.

#16 ·
^^ what happened to your ecu? it was already flashed? U need to find someone who has a 06 MR oem map and go from there. Anyone who is local with a tactrix cable and software should be able to help. or even the dealer if you know someone there. check out openecu.org

#20 ·
BUT, if you absolutly, most certainly want to do it on your own and have your Tactrix cable, EvoScan, and ECUFlash, PM me your email and ill send you the OEM MAP for the 06 MR. It will save you the hassle of dealing with getting it from the "stealership".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.