Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Where To Find The Best Clutch Price

5K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  rookhoe 
#1 ·
HI, I JUST JOINED EVO TUNERS BUT HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE LOTS OF TIMES. I'VE OWNED AN EVO FOR TWO YEARS NOW AND ONLY HAVE DONE A TBE. MY CLUTCH IS GOING OUT THE DOOR AND I DO HAVE FUTURE MODS ON THE WAY SO I WANT TO GET A GOOD CLUTCH NOW. I HAVE FOUND THE EXEDY TWIN HD TO BE MY BEST CHOICE. IVE DONE MY RESEARCH ON THE THREADS THE BEST I COULD BUT I HAVE ONLY FOUND PRICES FOR THE TWIN HD, BUT NOT WHERE TO BUY IT FOR THE BEST PRICE. WARRTALON SAID THEY COST AROUND 1300-1350. I'VE CALLED BUSCHUR AND THEY SAID ABOUT 1700 ALONG WITH FEW OTHER PLACES FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE. LANCERSHOP HAS IT WITH NEW MITSU TOB FOR 1555. I WOULDNT LIKE TO PAY MORE THAN I HAVE TO FOR THE CLUTCH BUT I NEED IT SOON AND WOULD NOT LIKE TO GET RIPPED OFF. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED ON WHERE TO FIND THE BEST DEAL:thumb:

#2 ·
i thought the HD was about 1700 everywhere. besides that why do you want a twin disc when you only have a tbe? why not get a good clutch/flywheel combo for about $700 and then spend the rest on other basic bolt ons and a tune! you should also be looking at SS clutch lines and trans shifter bushings. Also skip the all caps next time

welcome to tuners!

#3 ·
Honestly, to start off, just google the name, type, and possibly the model number of the clutch and itll give you prices from highest to lowest. Also, try to call some companies to see what kind of sales or maybe even package deals they have going on.

Also, if you arent doing any racing, then you really dont need a twin. Just get a single and call it a day. ACT and Exedy are a pretty common bought clutch.

#4 ·
the reason i wanted to go with a twin was because the car will see some track time at the drag stip and circuit. altough i dont have other upgrades at the moment, they are in line soon. i just didnt want to buy a single disk only to replace it after a few track visits and power upgrades. i think i will get the shifter bushings and the ss lines. i will try to get a few bolt ons and a tune at the same time a buy the clutch, but it will see the track and future upgrades soon. do you still think it would not be the best to get the twin? lancershop.com has the exedy twin with a mitsubishi tob combo for 1555, but i havent seen anyone on here mention that site on the threads i have read. thanks for the help:)

#7 ·
i personally dont think you will benefit from the twin disc. for the cost of a twin you can have a solid setup of clutch and flywheel for about $750 and then the rest can be used on other parts or install. $700 can go a long way if spent properly.

#10 ·
after some research i found a few horror stories about spec clutches, altough i'm sure thats not the case for everyone, i'd rather not take the risk. everyone seems to like exedy so i'll take your guys advice and go with a single disk setup from exedy, i drive my car hard but never abuse it i just didnt want to have to replace my clutch again any time soon. i will be doing the install myself so i hope i can get a few mods to go with it too. thanks a lot for your help guys:thumb: i should be getting a clutch hopefully within a month or so, i'll keep you guys posted. thanks again:)

#12 ·
i just got my stage one exedy with the heavy duty pressure plate and exedy flywheel, i also ordered an s.s. clutch line and under-hood shifter bushings from buschur. the fiancee said no to the mods for now but i will get them soon to put my new clutch to good use:) i hope i can get the clutch in within a week or two, i cant hit much boost before it slips. i hope the instal goes smoothly:dsm:

#14 ·
i'm doing the intall, i've heard its a pain but i work at honda so i have acsess to help, a lift, trans jack ect.. and i feel confident enough to do the work. i think i only got the lower line, it was the only one that showed up on the buscur racing site and when i called to order it they didnt ask if i wanted both. will that be ok, or do i need to replace both? i've read about the restrictor but i'm not to clear on it, is it just in the line when i disconnect the slave cylinder? i appreciate your help/suggestions:)

#17 ·
The clutch is installed, it was a pain took me about 14 hours:thumbdown but everything came out good. i didnt buy the lower line, couldnt wait to install the clutch and ran out of money. i tried looking for the restrictor but didnt find it. is it inside the slave cylinder? i took apart the line to the slave cylinder and found nothing. the pedal feels good and responsive, still breaking in the clutch though. everyone in all the threads says to get rid of the restrictor so i dont mind taking it apart again. maybe the restrictor was taken out already? i'm not the original owner. thanks for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.