Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Losing Boost @ about 6 or 7 rpms

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  xxla0zb0i7o4xx 
#1 ·
alright in first gear taking off it build boost then when i shift to second and get to about 6 or 7 rpms i lose boost it sometimes does in first but i dont know if does in any other gear so scared to try it and when it get to about 6 or 7 rpms it make a sound like a gas leak or something. and i really havent been getting on when i first got it it just suddenly happen when i tryed to race somebody... but yea anybody can figure out whats happen i would appreciate it

#2 ·
It could be the stock system on our car where the boost tapers down when approaching redline and you just don't realise it. Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge or do you have the stock gauges and are converting it from bar to psi? If so what is the gauge reading when you first step on it to when you get to 6-7 rpms? Another poosibility could be that you have a boost leak somewhere in your intercooler piping. That uh gas leak could just be your dinnerROFL

Jared

#3 ·
The problem is simple and easy to fix. You have no need to be scared, but I know why it scared you.

You need to fasten the intake snorkel to the front of the car using _BOTH_ clips. If you lost or broke your stock ones, then get two from the trunk lining. Trust me, it's the intake snorkel sucking up against the hood at 6k rpms at full boost...

#8 ·
xxla0zb0i7o4xx said:
and what do u mean by both clips?
I figured you would have fixed this 5 seconds after reading my post. Have you not gone out to look at it? If you had, you wouldn't have asked the first question nor this 2nd question, because it would be obvious. You can't see the snorkel just resting on the front of the car with 2 holes in the plastic where the clips used to be?

#10 ·
What do you mean you "tighten it"? It can't be tightened. Either you have it fastened with 2 clips, or you don't. Did you get 2 new clips from the trunk lining and put them in? Then, did you drive it to see if the problem went away?

Let me know...

#12 ·
Good Lord, man. I'm talking about the INTAKE SNORKEL THAT SENDS AIR TO THE AIRBOX!! It connects to the front of the car. There is nothing else that can fit this description. It's like a near-flat funnel that sucks air INTO the engine bay from under the hood when it's closed. Have you not found this part yet? Sheesh. It's right there when you open the hood - you can't miss it. It has 2 clips/fasteners/screws/whatever that connect it TO the front of the engine bay where the hood touches (when closed).

#14 ·
No, you need _2_ clips as I've said several times. Get them from the trunk lining just like I said in the very first reply. It comes with 2 clips when stock, but you either broke them or lost them, and the system doesn't work without them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.