FREE HPDE track day at Willow Springs - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Road Course/Autocross Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Road Course/Autocross Tech Autocross, Road Race, and Open Track Event discussions. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
FREE HPDE track day at Willow Springs

We're giving away a free one day pass for a NASA Pro Racing HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) day at Willow Springs Raceway July 9th and 10th. It's in the southern California area, so the pass will go to someone who lives in that region. Information about the NASA HPDE events can be found here:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

Info about Willow Springs Raceway can be found here:
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com

In order to receive the free pass, all we ask is that you reply to this thread with a brief write-up about why you want to get into racing and tell us who has influenced your racing passion. After you've done this write-up, send me an email directly and use "HPDE Entry" for the subject name and give me your contact info, shipping address, etc. You should have a minimum of 10 posts in our forums, so go answer some tech questions before you enter!

We only have one pass to give away and it will go to either one member of EVOtuners.net or a member of WRXtuners.com, depending on how many requests we have from each site. We'll probably just choose a random winner.

The recipient of this free pass will need to register with NASA (if not already a member) to be able to participate in the event. Registration will cost $40 for 1 year. With your membership, you'll receive a free one year subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine.

We'll choose the recipient within two weeks depending on the number of entries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

my main reason to get into racing is to become a better driver and be competetive.the rush of driving fast w/o harming anybody or getting into trouble is unmatched on a racetrack
Old 05-21-2005, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

so am i picked yet j/k

Old 05-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

With the performance capabilities that my Evo makes available, there is hardly any kind of driving I can do on public roads that would be considered "legal" or even "safe", that I could otherwise find exciting. Racing--be it on the autocross course, roadrace track, or rally stage--offers me the ultimate outlet for high-adrenaline driving: to push my car to the very edge of its performance envelope, to test the limits of my driving abilities and expand my range of technical knowledge. In my relentless quest to "go faster", competition is the yardstick that I use to gauge my progress.

Last edited by vtluu; 05-23-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

aww man
Old 05-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry Marcel, I lowered your odds from 100% to 50%.

You'd think that you'd have people lined up around the block for a free 2-day HPDE pass... Oh well.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
I only have one free pass left, but I'll hook both of you up. Email me your personal info and we'll get it all setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread