STU class setup questions - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Racing Forums > Road Course/Autocross Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Road Course/Autocross Tech Autocross, Road Race, and Open Track Event discussions. Preparation, technique, tips, and stories from the events. Tell us about your last event.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #31 (permalink)

Even if I was on a budget, I would try to find a decent set of used A-046's before running the Kumho's again. At least I could compete on the O.E. tire
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #32 (permalink)

I'm curious what you guys recommend as far as ride heights adjustments when using coilovers...my KW V3s are due to arrive in a week and should have plenty of time to have them installed before the next event but it seems that most people who install coilovers also immediately drop the ride height a bit.

Assuming the bump and rebound of the coilovers are properly set up and corner balanced, are there any additional, tangible handling benefits to be had form lowering the car and if so, what do you guys recommend?

If it's just a looks thing then I'll probably stay at the stock ride height
Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 AM   #33 (permalink)

Also, what kind of tire pressures are good to run on street tires? I know it depends on preference to an extent.

I'm running Bridgestone RE001s with 35psi all around, will up the rears to 37psi or so for the event. I'm also running pretty conservative camber settings since I'm still on the stock KYBs...-1 camber up front, -0.5 rear.

The tires perform "okayish" - I sill like the OEM RE050s better. They have a pretty weak sidewall so just wondering if anyone can comment on my flaws or how to otherwise improve my setup just using tire pressures for now.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #34 (permalink)

Re01s are great tires.

Maybe lower the fronts down to 32-33 and the rears to 34-35 and see how that works.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Oh I WISH they were RE01s! My tires are in fact RE001s. No typo - they're also known as Bridgestone Adrenalines - marketed abroad as a replacement for S03s and GR80s (i.e. budget performance). You don't get them in the States and *we* don't get the RE01s in Dubai unfortunately!

The 001s are not the best competition street tire out there but I got a free set from Bridgestone to use on my sreet rims (yeah I'm sponsored by them - lucky me) and am racing on them until my RE55s come in. Definitely not as good as Neovas or RE01s, but I did pull 0.92 Gs on them this afternoon (according to the Performance Box at least) and when I RAISED the pressures even more (to 37f, 40r) the car handled itself *very* well at this past weekend's AutoX.

boostinpsi, I would have thought lower pressures would have been better too but it didn't work out that way for some reason - tried going down to 32f, 36r and the front went all mushy so I experimented and ended up settling on 37f, 40r - found it much better than 35f even - go figure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement