Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Tri-State AutoX

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Ev09MR 
#1 ·
Hey guys i'm pretty new here but ive been on dsmtuners since 03. Ive already searched and came up with nothing on evotuners for autox in the delaware area. Anyone know of anything in or around delaware?

#4 ·
How do I like it? Well, it's not really an issue of liking it or not. It is _THE_ premier racing club in the country. There really isn't another one except for maybe BMWCCA, but that's more specific to BMWs. I'll be heading to Topeka, KS, for nationals in less than a month!

I don't know about any brakes tires.

#5 ·
no i meant brakes, tires... i was thinking about getting into autocross since this is my first awd... but with college and limited income i could see tires and brakes getting really expensive... scca doesnt have any ties with tire rack or any thing like that to give their members discounts on tires and brakes.... you probably have sponsors so that's probably not an issue for you but what about your average scca member?

#6 ·
Brakes are not used hardly at all, and tires are only an issue if you decide to run race tires, which are expensive and don't last long. Street tires will last you a long time. AutoX is low speed and very short duration - it's not expensive at all in terms of maintenance. No, I don't know of any discounts except for one short-term deal that Bridgestone did recently. I'm not sure Tire Rack sells brakes, but the one thing I can't get a sponsor for is tires, so that's my main expense. I use very large, expensive race tires.

#9 ·
not sure where you are in delaware, but there are numberous auto-x run at ripkin stadium not too far from delware. also check on local auto-x clubs in your area. google is your friend.
As far as your tire question goes. Race tires are expensive, I would stay away from them for now and see how you like auto-x. Your stock tires are fine. If you are still running the Advans you'll wear those out quicker than most street tires but have excellent grip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.