Burned some bridges today. - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Burned some bridges today.

I blew my cool on a couple of the WRX boards today about the AccessPort and how I don't like the fact that I paid $600 for a pump gas reflash when I thought I was purchasing pump gas and optional race fuel maps. Also offered to give up my mod status on evolutionm.net because of the bow down and lick the boots of the all-mighty vendors policy over there.

Shiv comes into the "advanced members and tuners" section (private forum) and starts up the SAME OLD $HIT that he does in every forum. I made a post without mentioning him by name basicly saying that I would not participate in a forum where vendors could post because it makes the forum useless due to all the vendor on vendor bashing. I then got a PM from a senior mod telling me not to "vent" even in a private forum. By my standards I was biting my tongue pretty hard when I made my post, so I told them to take away my mod status.

Been a rough night!

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
I blew my cool on a couple of the WRX boards today about the AccessPort and how I don't like the fact that I paid $600 for a pump gas reflash when I thought I was purchasing pump gas and optional race fuel maps. Also offered to give up my mod status on evolutionm.net because of the bow down and lick the boots of the all-mighty vendors policy over there.

Shiv comes into the "advanced members and tuners" section (private forum) and starts up the SAME OLD $HIT that he does in every forum. I made a post without mentioning him by name basicly saying that I would not participate in a forum where vendors could post because it makes the forum useless due to all the vendor on vendor bashing. I then got a PM from a senior mod telling me not to "vent" even in a private forum. By my standards I was biting my tongue pretty hard when I made my post, so I told them to take away my mod status.

Been a rough night!
Well, in due time, Evotuners will be THE site for people like ourselves who are only interested in one thing: tuning ourselves without vendor intervention.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, in due time, Evotuners will be THE site for people like ourselves who are only interested in one thing: tuning ourselves without vendor intervention.
Preach on Brother Warrtalon! Preach On!

Are there any Subaru boards where the guys arn't a bunch of pusys? Sure can't find any in the Cobb forums, but vendor loyalty is sort of expected there. But there is way to much boot licking for my tasts even knowing it is a vendor specific site. Boot lickers drive me insane.

The Evom guys got me to calm down a bit, but I still will not be involved in any forum where Shiv posts with any regularity.

Later,

Keith

Old 06-07-2005, 06:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

yep poor ol evom where its ran by vendors and mods are ordered to cover up dirt or edit things.i feel ya man when i use to moderate norcalevo but it has gotten mellow now.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Are there any Subaru boards where the guys arn't a bunch of pusys?

I've never really checked it out;
http://www.wrxtuners.com/
... I'll assume it's alright since it's a tuners site.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Wow Keith,

I knew EvoM catered to the vendors, but I didn't realize how much. From the outside looking in you can tell Shiv has a pretty good say in what goes on. That's a shame too because the site is so large. It prevents the possibility of useful debate and the unbiased sharing of information.

I've always felt that with our sites, we've done what we can to clearly separate advertising from forum discussions. We do not like vendors spaming our site. Our DSMtuners site is about the size of EvoM (if not larger) and we don't have the same problems with vendors dictating the content. We do have site sponsors, and they will complain about things. But we've taken the unique stance that we simply won't allow public feedback to be posted about vendors in the forums and we greatly limit where sponsors can post marketing content. They aren't given free reign to spam the forums. Some people don't like our strict policy, but we feel it's necessary in order to keep a high level of quality. Our vendor policy is very clear.

Check out our WRXtuners.com site for some good tech discussions.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
I've never really checked it out;
http://www.wrxtuners.com/
... I'll assume it's alright since it's a tuners site.
It should be alright - and if it's not, send me some feedback privately. We've always tried to be consistent with our policies across our 3 sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement