Damn Tires! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Damn Tires!

10k on them........I go to have them rotated today and I have screw sticking out of the inside of the sidewall on the left rear. I have to replace all four as my tread was down to 6/32. I went with the Kumho's as replacements. Just needed to vent......thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Damn Tires!

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOKach
10k on them........I go to have them rotated today and I have screw sticking out of the inside of the sidewall on the left rear. I have to replace all four as my tread was down to 6/32. I went with the Kumho's as replacements. Just needed to vent......thanks

that sux...6/32 is actually quite a bit of tread to...I normally run mine down to -1/32
Old 04-20-2004, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah the stock tires are great dont get me wrong. except they dont last long at all. i just went with the ventus hr2 for now since i am getting rims and tires soon.

Old 04-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

kumho's are not so good, well they are very good in the beginning, but after a while... they start to suck extremely... especially in rain... Better go with something better... IMO...

Old 04-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Your the first person to ever have anything negative to say about Kumho's. My father and I race on the vintage circuit out here in California. These old men have a lot of cash and high-end daily drivers. 95% of them have replaced their stock tires with Kumho's. Yeah, the Yoko's and others are nice but not at over $250 a tire. I spend a majority of time commuting in the EVO. I wanted a solid tire with good life and the Kumho at $120 a piece was not a bad deal. I've had the car 5 months and have 10k on it just to give you an idea of how much I drive the car.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

but they die fast... I mean the ecstra supra 7 12... after like 10.000 miles.. they feel like shit, and no traction... sure the price is super nice... but still to replace your tires every 10.000-15.000 miles, is expensive too.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tomeek
[B]but they die fast... I mean the ecstra supra 7 12

again.....I've heard the complete opposite. I was told by a trusted friend that his friend had the 712's and was trying to wear them out so he could get softer tires but the tires wouldn't wear even under hard driving. I'll let you know how they are in a few months.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

ohh...when you said kumhos I thought you meant the MX's...they are still only like 130 a tire...

I also dont like the 712's...they are a good all-around tire for somebody that does little to no racing...but other than that, they suck...they just aren't sticky enough to provide good traction for racing...which I do...especially in summer with all the autoxs
Old 04-23-2004, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
again.....I've heard the complete opposite. I was told by a trusted friend that his friend had the 712's and was trying to wear them out so he could get softer tires but the tires wouldn't wear even under hard driving. I'll let you know how they are in a few months.
well I had my own experience... so I know, my friend had him, and in the beginning They were great!!! but like I said after like 10k miles, They started to suck alot(I drove the car alot so i know ), now he has yokohama tires, and is damn happy with them! I stick with Bridgestone's, They are quiet, make no sound when breaking fast, super traction, and ride really nice But they cost me $600
Old 04-26-2004, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

i don't know im rolling up on 6k miles now and im thinking about getting another set of advans.. a lot of evo owners regret not getting another set. i love the way they stick.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

If I didn't commute as much I would have gone with another set of Advans or the Kumho MX's.

Also, the EVO is NOT my race car. I posted in another thread that I'm currently looking at 1971 LOLA/Formula Ford race car to purchase. This is the car I would race and requires RACE tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement