Finally, better weather in NY - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
FJF

Finally, better weather in NY

After two months of nothing except snow, the weather if finally getting better. We didn't see snow, or more appropriately salt, until January 7th. That's unusually late for us and I'd like to thank the automotive Gods for the effort. That's when my Evo went into storage.

Late last week, things began to warm-up. After a couple of good rain showers, I pulled out the Evo yesterday and haven't been able to stop driving. I put ~250 miles on the car in the last two days with no end in sight. Even my family commented how I've been in an unusually good mood.

BTW, did anyone catch Ultimate Cars on Discovery Science last night? The Evo was the #4 rally machine.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
70 degrees here in Colorado yesterday - absolutely beautiful! I was in the garage working on the car all weekend. I'm so thankful for this nice weather. After this past winter we deserve a great spring/summer

Old 03-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Man I love Southen California.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
FJF

Here's a fun story. I'm driving around yesterday and see a state trooper. He sees me, too, turns his cruiser around and gets behind me. As we pull up to the next light, he moves next to me and looks over. I could see the look of disappointment on his face, as I'm not exactly a kid. After the light changes, he turns around again and goes the other way.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
Man I love Southen California.
If it weren't for the smog, the traffic, the bad drivers on the road, the ridiculous housing prices, the sky-high property taxes, the crappy CA public school system, the governator, the unfriendly people (not you Larry), the harassing cops looking for the street racers, oh yeah - and of course the glorious emissions testing , I wouldn't mind Southern Cal (or California in general). I love going back to visit family though! Get to see all things I do enjoy about Cali at a fraction of the cost!

With as many sunny days as Socal here in Denver, I can deal with a few weeks of cold weather and snow in the winter with all the other positives we get.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

The snow is coming back to us tomorrow in NY............it was fun while it lasted.

I've lived all over the country to include TX, NC, OH, FL, NY, IN, IL and Southern CA, and the weather is the absolute best in CA.
Like Ludachris said however, there are too many negatives about living there.......the biggest one on my list is the CARB and their tree hugging antics.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
FJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood95 View Post
The snow is coming back to us tomorrow in NY............it was fun while it lasted.
We have a mix of light snow.rain through next Wednesday. It snowed this morning, but the white stuff melted as soon as it hit the ground. The temps are above freezing. As long as there's no snow/salt on the roads, I'm happy

Are you Upstate, too?

Quote:
I've lived all over the country to include TX, NC, OH, FL, NY, IN, IL and Southern CA, and the weather is the absolute best in CA.
Like Ludachris said however, there are too many negatives about living there.......the biggest one on my list is the CARB and their tree hugging antics.
To paraphrase Woody Allen, "The only cultural advantage to living in California is being able to make a right turn at a red light." :-)
Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You can turn right on red in most states. Is no turn on read a New York thing or something? (New York being the other place I know of that Woody Allen lived).

Had a couple days of high 60's low 70's here. Opened up the doors and aired out the house, and enjoyed the sun for a while. Back in the 40's day 30's at night now.

Keith
Old 03-17-2007, 05:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
FJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor View Post
You can turn right on red in most states. Is no turn on read a New York thing or something? (New York being the other place I know of that Woody Allen lived).
It was an old joke written before NY allowed a right on red. That said, there's still no right on red in NYC.

One of my closest friends lives outside of Sacramento. He likes to call me to compare the whether in the middle of Winter :-).

Quote:
Had a couple days of high 60's low 70's here. Opened up the doors and aired out the house, and enjoyed the sun for a while. Back in the 40's day 30's at night now.
A small storm hit us last night with ~6" of snow and 2-4" predicted to fall later today. The salt trucks are out in force and let's just say that I'm not thrilled. Supposedly, this is the last of it. For now, the Evo is staying in the garage.

Edit: I just checked the intended forecast and we should see 60 by next Friday. Typically, we have no Spring. The temps go from freeing to boiling hot in a matter of a few weeks. We do have a fantastic Fall. I guess I shouldn't complain, as I only had to store the Evo for ~10 weeks.

Felix
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
FJF

It's 64 at this very moment and I'm playing hooky from work. I was up half the night getting a few things finished and today is car day! I took a long drive this morning, just washed the Evo in my driveway, and after a second wash I'll apply a coat of Aquawax followed by some FK1 425. Typically, I like to do a more comprehensive detailing, especially not having applied any sealant/wax since November, but I'm grateful enough to see temps that'll actually allow the products to bond. Plus, I want to drive the thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement