Finally got my evo! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Finally got my evo!

Well i finally bought my evo. It's my first new car and both of my previous cars were dsm's. I'm a little dissappointed with the deal I got on the car but oh well. I was originally looking for a used 03-04 but after finding out how much better the 05's are I wanted to find a slightly use 05 which is damn near impossible. So I bought the last brand new 05 gsr the mitsu dealer near me had. It was their show room car. I bought it with 52 miles and it got it for 29k. I thought I could have gotten a better deal since it was an 05 but it does have the ssl package. I love the car but being blue it does attract a lot of attention. Maybe too much attention. I'm not used to driving the car at all. Evo's are so much bigger than any dsm so it's something I have to get used to. I'm alittle dissapointed with the top end power since my last car was a 95 tsi fwd but the low end is amazing.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

congrats! I came from DSM's too and I'll tell you that you have a lot of fun in store. You'll be used to driving a big old 4 door in no time. As far as your top end problem, I'm sure you can already think of a few things that might help that out
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
well you got a good deal on your evo, I sell them and when we had our last 05's with ssl they went for 31,500 after the rebates, The MSRP is like 33,800 on those so you did get a great deal. As far as top end compared to a FWD yes it's going to be different, The evo also has shorter gears, I could run my 3rd gear in my 95 GST to 103MPH the evo won't come close to that. There is also more drivetrain loss on the AWD so in a race from a roll FWD is supposed to have the advantage, but from a stop, you can say seeya! i hope you enjoy your car! Congradulations and Welcome to EVOtuners

Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome aboard.
I think $29k is a good deal for a new Evo.
Once you do a few mods you can wake up the top end, especially after the downpipe's in.
I don't care for the attention either, so I had to get an RS. I had enough attention in my GS-T.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
$29K is a real good deal on a car with the SSL package. Not my cup of tea, but a really great deal if that is what you were looking for!

Keith
Old 12-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Congrads on your Evo. I just got mine 2 weeks ago. It's awesome. They have some much potential. That top-end problem can be fixed really quick. Have some patience with the evo. If you build it!!! It will go.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Moved to the hangout.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
I'll be looking for photos of this new car in the gallery - got proof?

Old 12-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah as soon as i get my digital camera I will post picks. Not to much to look at right now but i'm searching for a nice carbon fiber lip to get!

BTW: The more I break in my car the more I realize the top end isn't that bad, it's actually pretty good. The one thing i like most is that the car is sooo smooth through the gears, and it's so quite. It's pretty amazing that you can't hear the turbo or blow-off valve at all! That I don't like...
Old 12-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thumbs up Can I Get a Welcom Aboard???

Just moved from DSMTUNERs to here. got my 05EvO8 In OCT w/ 5mi on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
Welcome aboard.
I think $29k is a good deal for a new Evo.
Once you do a few mods you can wake up the top end, especially after the downpipe's in.
I don't care for the attention either, so I had to get an RS. I had enough attention in my GS-T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement