Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Finally got my evo!

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  evo8kiko 
#1 ·
Well i finally bought my evo. It's my first new car and both of my previous cars were dsm's. I'm a little dissappointed with the deal I got on the car but oh well. I was originally looking for a used 03-04 but after finding out how much better the 05's are I wanted to find a slightly use 05 which is damn near impossible. So I bought the last brand new 05 gsr the mitsu dealer near me had. It was their show room car. I bought it with 52 miles and it got it for 29k. I thought I could have gotten a better deal since it was an 05 but it does have the ssl package. I love the car but being blue it does attract a lot of attention. Maybe too much attention. I'm not used to driving the car at all. Evo's are so much bigger than any dsm so it's something I have to get used to. I'm alittle dissapointed with the top end power since my last car was a 95 tsi fwd but the low end is amazing.

#3 ·
well you got a good deal on your evo, I sell them and when we had our last 05's with ssl they went for 31,500 after the rebates, The MSRP is like 33,800 on those so you did get a great deal. As far as top end compared to a FWD yes it's going to be different, The evo also has shorter gears, I could run my 3rd gear in my 95 GST to 103MPH the evo won't come close to that. There is also more drivetrain loss on the AWD so in a race from a roll FWD is supposed to have the advantage, but from a stop, you can say seeya! i hope you enjoy your car! Congradulations and Welcome to EVOtuners

#10 ·
Yeah as soon as i get my digital camera I will post picks. Not to much to look at right now but i'm searching for a nice carbon fiber lip to get! :thumb:

BTW: The more I break in my car the more I realize the top end isn't that bad, it's actually pretty good. The one thing i like most is that the car is sooo smooth through the gears, and it's so quite. It's pretty amazing that you can't hear the turbo or blow-off valve at all! That I don't like...

#11 ·
Can I Get a Welcom Aboard???

Just moved from DSMTUNERs to here. got my 05EvO8 In OCT w/ 5mi on it.

turbolarry said:
Welcome aboard. :thumb:
I think $29k is a good deal for a new Evo.
Once you do a few mods you can wake up the top end, especially after the downpipe's in.
I don't care for the attention either, so I had to get an RS. I had enough attention in my GS-T. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.