Have to get used to a 6 speed now.... - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJF View Post
Wow, I had no idea they cost that much. Do you know how many were sold?
A total of 877 of the twin turbo AWD retractable hard tops were produced with 741 of the non-turbo FWD retractable hard tops. They were only produced in 1995 and 1996.

Keith
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 04:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
FJF

Sooooo...how do you like it so far next to the Evo?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor View Post
I have had no problems finding parts, and the market is expanding rapidly now that the VR-4's are cheap enough for younger buyers.... people are much more likely to modify the living crap out of a car they spent $4,500 on than they would be to modify a car they spent $45,000 on.

Two years ago you couldn't find anyone willing to do head work or make cams for the 3000GT, now you can buy them off the shelf.

Keith
Have you found a exhaust system for it yet? The only ones I can find are the borla (too much $$) and pacesetter. My friend that has one did cutouts until he can find one or fab his own.

I saw a 99 vr4 at a meet last weekend, it had a evo style wing on it and the owner said it came from the factory like that. The front bumper was pretty cool on it too, I had never seen a 99 before.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflyjmysnk View Post
Have you found a exhaust system for it yet? The only ones I can find are the borla (too much $$) and pacesetter. My friend that has one did cutouts until he can find one or fab his own.

I saw a 99 vr4 at a meet last weekend, it had a evo style wing on it and the owner said it came from the factory like that. The front bumper was pretty cool on it too, I had never seen a 99 before.
There are many exhausts out there, but I will be leaving the stock cat back and going with a catless downpipe, and a mid pipe from IPS with a built in quick time performance electric cutout valve.

The 99's are the only ones that came with a fixed rear wing other than the spyders. Mitsubishi was cutting costs on that last year of production.

Keith
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJF View Post
Sooooo...how do you like it so far next to the Evo?
Totally different driving experiance. At this point the Spyder is a cruiser great for top down driving and enjoying the sun. Very comfortable and fun to drive with enough power to handle the 4000+ lbs. In the future I may end up with many power mods to it, but I don't really plan on drag racing it much.

Keith
Old 04-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor View Post
There are many exhausts out there, but I will be leaving the stock cat back and going with a catless downpipe, and a mid pipe from IPS with a built in quick time performance electric cutout valve.

The 99's are the only ones that came with a fixed rear wing other than the spyders. Mitsubishi was cutting costs on that last year of production.

Keith
I rather liked the 99 spoiler, I've known a few people that have vr4s and all of them have had to repair or replace the stock spoiler/spoiler motor at some point, I guess they are not cheap unless you can find a matching colored one from a junkyard that works.

The stealth I had mentioned earlier finally got the built lower end and twin evo III 16g's installed and tuned. With meth and pump gas at 24psi he made 514whp/499 ft pds on a mustang awd dyno. The dry weight of the car isn't too bad since it is a converted fwd model, with about a half tank of gas it was in the low 3600 pds. I believe we are taking it to the track this weekend, along with the 08 lancer I picked up and my 05 mr with 9 turbo/meth.
I'll let you know what he runs if your interested. My evo is dialed in with the meth and 28 psi, so I am just going to try to get a mph out of it to see how if the 9 turbo will give me a mph or 2. I am going to tune the 08 lancer and see if I can get any gains from running a slightly leaner afr than factory to see if I even want to mess with bolt ons. I bought it as a dd for fuel economy and to keep miles off the evo but its decently quick for a entry level budget car.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Timeslip: 12.8 @ 109
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
My brother owns 93 3000gt vr4, and now he trying to convert to 99 . He got 15G's on it, he's doing mid 12's, thinking around 400hp! My other brother used to have stealth 92 TT, but he sold it for $5,000 completely stock with 145,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement