how fragile is the evo? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

how fragile is the evo?

I'm thinking about an evo, but I'm just wondering if it carries the mitsu fragility curse. I sat in one and the interior felt nice and firm, but the shifter felt like it was going to snap in my hand. Totally different than my car now which feels firm and confident. Also, I'm wondering what kind of abuse these things take and if there are any weak parts of the car. Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2006, 03:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
As long as you mod it right and stay on the maintenance you can beat on it. People regularly track these cars, then take'em to work the next day. So far so good for me; 17,000 miles and no problems.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

you can trust in the evo. most of my friends who have sti ,allready did go back the dealers with brea king parts...diff, clutch etc.i have 12 000 miles no problem so far.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

hmm, that's good to hear. I guess we need to wait until there are some out there with higher mileage. I got another year or so until i have the cash so it will be interesting to see what these cars look like after 50k+ miles. My dizzum visits redline every day and at 106k miles, it is still pretty solid. Any more opinions and experiences?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveMasterT
I'm thinking about an evo, but I'm just wondering if it carries the mitsu fragility curse. I sat in one and the interior felt nice and firm, but the shifter felt like it was going to snap in my hand. Totally different than my car now which feels firm and confident. Also, I'm wondering what kind of abuse these things take and if there are any weak parts of the car. Thanks.

Yea always hear about the cluthches getting burned up. and the diffs making noises. might wanna build them up before you pump all that power out of them...
Old 04-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceguy05
Yea always hear about the cluthches getting burned up. and the diffs making noises. might wanna build them up before you pump all that power out of them...
Yeah, I have heard those things and thats why I started this thread... thats what I wanted to find out. I'm leaning more towards the STI because I think with a turboback, intake, and mbc then I will be plenty fast enough to beat most stuff out there and still reliably get me from point a to point b. The evo has somewhat lost it's appeal since I've seen the state at which mitsubishi is in and I'm worried that if they are cutting corners and owe their dealerships all sorts of money, then they might be cutting corners in their production process. I'm so lost I dont know what to do anymore.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

I agree- it will be nice to see how the modded ones hold up at 100k +. Hopefully they will keep the reputation of the DSMers and push to 200k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement