I love Craftsman tools. - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I love Craftsman tools.

I just wanted to say I love'em and their lifetime warranty.
A couple of weeks ago I snapped a Husky 1/2 to 3/8 drive adapter. I wasn't tripping because I got it from Home Depot, a huge chain store, and it claimed to have a lifetime warranty. Last night I finally get around to taking it in expecting it to be like going to Sears. They told me I'd have to take it up with the manufaturer. I've always gotten broken tools immediatly replaced at Sears with no questions asked. I'm sure Husky will replace it, but I thought it would be easier then shipping it in and waiting.
I guess let the buyer beware. Just venting.

Attached Images

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I just got off the phone with Husky, they were very helpful, and they are sending me a new one.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
That's cool that Husky is cooperative, but that's annoying that Home Depot doesn't just replace it on the spot like Sears.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Difference is that Craftsman is a division of Sears, Husky is not a division of Home Depot.

Keith

PS: I love Craftman as well, I have ruined many a tool in my time
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
You know what's strange though, is that back when Home Depot was starting to push their Husky tools (about 10-12 years ago), they were boasting about taking back broken Craftsman tools there in the store and giving you a Husky replacement, no questions asked. I actually did it once. Funny how they won't even take back Husky tools now.

While we're on the subject of Craftsman tools, I wanted to give praise to the cool low profile sockets I got for Xmas. They're not a conventional socket that requires a rachet, they are to be used with a box end wrench. Use them with the racheting box end wrench and you can get into spaces that a regular socket won't fit into. They've saved me a couple times this week with my intake manifold install. Cool design! I wish I could find a pic of them but I can't find them on Sears' website.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris
I wanted to give praise to the cool low profile sockets I got for Xmas. They're not a conventional socket that requires a rachet, they are to be used with a box end wrench. Use them with the racheting box end wrench and you can get into spaces that a regular socket won't fit into. They've saved me a couple times this week with my intake manifold install. Cool design! I wish I could find a pic of them but I can't find them on Sears' website.

OMG aren't those the greatest things! I just picked some individuals up too; 14, 12, 10, and 8 mm's. I love them. I was able to get them for my birthday because I told every one in my family to get me Sears' gift cards. I also picked up a vise, a new torque wrench, those wrenches, and I think I'm gonna order one of their auto darkening welding helmets. Inlaws, grand folks, parents, and my wife really came through for me.
Don't get shirts and sweaters you know your not going to wear; ask for Sears gift cards this Xmas.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Anyone got a link to these low profile wrenches? I tried searching sears' website and can't find them, do they have a different name or are they called "low profile sockets" they sound great, I hate having to use a regular box end wrench and 1/4 of a turns to get bolt out in cramped space
Old 07-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Look under rachet wrench;
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/subca...indicator=true
... one of these 213 should do the job.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

hey larry...is that the peice that broke off when i was at your house and we had those damn stubborn lugs on my wheels to deal with??? i have a feeling it is. hahaha

T
Old 07-29-2006, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Snap on all the way. If I can even break something from them, they come to me. Even with the abuse of using them at the shop everyday they hold up. After this you touch a craftsman tool and feel dirty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement