New saying what's up - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

New saying what's up

What's up everyone. I'm no owner of an Evo, sadly, as of yet. In the market, getting a feel for the prices, things like that. Currently saving up for a downpayment for one. I'm still debating whether to go for an VIII or IX, I would absolutly love a IX, but I'm not sure if I can afford a brand new Evo. Just looking around for a WW "GSR" with the SSL package. As much as I would love an MR, the few differences aren't worth the extra cash (I would really only like the 6 speed), plus a sunroof isn't available with them. I currently have $10k for a downpayment but waiting until I have $15k(few more months). I could easily afford it if I stayed home but me and my girlfriend are also in the market for a new house/condo for us and our 1 year old.

I'm going to be writting up a "Monthly Expense Report" for me and my girlfriend and I should then be able to tell how much of a monthly payment I'll be able to afford. I'm hoping I could do 500, but might have to make it ~$300 which would be a 6 year loan

Only time will tell I guess, plus I'll need some extra room for bolt ons and a flash which hopefully will hold me over. Coming from the DSM world I have knowledge of the 4g63 and it's possibilities and will be dissappointed to see it discontinued. Anyways, enough of my rambling, glad to be here and hope to be an owner of an 05/06 WW IX "GSR" w/ SSL.

4G63 power
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Welcome!

A few things:

1) The MR has more than a "few" differences. It has 3 _major_ differences: 6spd, Bilsteins (awesome shocks), and lightweight forged BBS rims (2.5lbs lighter per wheel). It's fine if that's still not worth the cash to you, but the difference in price is only $1500-2000 between a GSR w/SSL and MR, so keep that in mind.

2) The IXs are much faster than all previous years, so if you can get one, then do it. South Coast Mitsu is selling IX GSRs w/SSL for 31.3k, including destination charge. You just pay TTL and auto shipping charges to wherever you live.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Welcome!

A few things:

1) The MR has more than a "few" differences. It has 3 _major_ differences: 6spd, Bilsteins (awesome shocks), and lightweight forged BBS rims (2.5lbs lighter per wheel). It's fine if that's still not worth the cash to you, but the difference in price is only $1500-2000 between a GSR w/SSL and MR, so keep that in mind.

2) The IXs are much faster than all previous years, so if you can get one, then do it. South Coast Mitsu is selling IX GSRs w/SSL for 31.3k, including destination charge. You just pay TTL and auto shipping charges to wherever you live.
Right, I know the differences. I guess I could have phrased that better. I meant it more like, buying a new IX will be pushing it for me as it is, let alone getting an MR and spending the extra $1,500-$2,000 when I will be 100% happy with a GSR and have no regrets, just would be 110% happy with an MR. I do, however, have plenty of time to debate as to which one to actually get.

What is making me lean towards the IX is the MIVEC and larger turbo which take to bolt ons better. Since I won't have a lot of money to put towards upgrades for quite a while, I figure I'll take the little advantage it has to offer until I can start to heavily modify it. Also in my opinion, the IXs front looks even sexier then the XIIIs (and that's hard to beat), which is a small plus.

Wow, $31,300 is a nice price, I'll have to keep that in mind!! I was previosly looking at 2Gb GSXs, but the price that they go for with low miles and "never modded/adult driven" is absolutly pathetic. I have always loved the Evo so looked into prices and what monthly payments will probably be and realized "Hey, I can do this!", so here I am.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

hey Streetz, I'm new here too and in the same boat as you.

As a matter of fact this is my first post. HELLO EVERYONE.
I just sold my 97 GST with rebuilt 6bolt and built tranny w/LSD...a must have with GST.
I however have no where near what you saved up, but will by next spring. I'm biting a very large bullet here and plan to do so until sometime in March/April.

oh, BTW, dont forget the IX get better gas mileage, newer pistons, hollow rear spolier (weight savings I guess), a 6 layer metal headgasket, a limited slip front diff and ACD (active center diff).

As a die hard 4G63 guy (owned 3)...I hope to learn even more. Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement