Oh fellas! It's on for the turbo kit! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh fellas! It's on for the turbo kit!

My wife just laid it out for me on what I need to do to get a turbo kit!
She a runner. She does 5K's and half marathons and she's a pretty good runner. All I have to do is beat her.
There's a half marathon coming up in December in Vegas, but she's already around the two hour mark. I've only done one 5K and it was at 35 minutes.
I've got my work cut out for me. As long as I can keep close to her I know I can out sprint her at the end.
I have 19 weeks of pain and suffering to get this;

Attached Images

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
HaH, not worth it for me! I hate running after 5 years of being forced to run a minimum of 3 miles daily in the Corps. I could do without the turbo!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Everybody needs a goal!!!! So go for it and good luck.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Better stock up on the red bull.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

it gives you wingssssssssssssssssssss.

5k isnt bad. half marathon eff that. good luck man. im looking forward to numbers.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm with this guy. Numbers or Ban
Old 07-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

which kit is that anyways?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
RRE which has several options;
E-Pinions Fashion Turbo - Ball Bearing 50 Trim
You are the kind of guy that can spend a month trolling the internet searching for a turbo that can make 400 hp/400 lbs torque on pump gas and still spool like a stock turbo. You lose sleep over this Holy Grail. You plan on never using more than 100 octane gas and will live your life mostly on 91 octane.

Street Power/Track Whore - Ball Bearing GT3076
Mostly 91 octane kind of guy but you like to play on some good race gas when you can afford it. You hit track days several times a year and may feel like busting off an 11 second run when you are in the mood. You value spool but dont lose sleep over it.

Track Whore Deluxe - Custom Ball Bearing GT35R
You live close to a race gas supply, maybe you sport a stroker motor, sometimes you go commando just for fun. You have spare wheels with R Compound rubber mounted and every track day your car is running you are there. Getting into a smooth freight train type pull here.

Drag Queen/Race Gas Slut - Ball Bearing Full GT35R
You live life 1/4 mile at a time and your spare tranny is with Shep. Full trailered road racer with a stroker fits this turbo too. For you "pump gas" is when you are out of C-16 and you suffer with a tank of 100 and keep the boost to only 25 psi.

I'm with the 50 trim and 91 octane.
Who here is the trainer and has some tips for me?
I'll post the numbers when the time comes.
I'm all in.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
E85 E85 E85 E85 E85 E85 E85 E85 E85

Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

As far as running, I would recommend using a varied routine to build your endurance and speed.

Working on just endurance=less speed, working on just speed=less endurance. Almost the same relationship as cheap and fast pertaining to cars.

If you live by a 1/4 mile track (the kind you run on, typically found at local highschools) you can acheive a effective workout. You could try alternating these workouts, just don't overtrain.

Day 1. Do a warmup lap, then alternate between sprinting one lap, and jogging at your marathon pace for one lap to recover. I would start at whatever mileage you feel comfortable at and then keep increasing the distance by a lap every few days. You can also do this type of run on a road using lightpoles to measure distance. Jog past two lighpoles/utility poles and then sprint two.

2. Run x amount of miles for endurance, anything under 2 miles is a sprint, so aim for 3 miles if you haven't run for awhile and keep increasing the distance, make sure you always have a predetermined route with landmarks, If you say, I'm going to run 3 miles and don't have any landmarks/milestones you may cut yourself short and stop when you get tired since you don't have a physical "goal" to reach. I find I will run farther using this than if I just go out running, if I have milestones and a known distance I will push myself harder to reach the goal, if I just run aimlessly I won't run nearly as far.

3. Do a 1-2 mile jog, and then spend some time doing wind sprints to increase your speed (you will need this to zoom past your wife near the finish line, think of it as your turbo kicking in, or running under boost). Make sure your warmed up before you sprint, as muscle is alot like laffy taffy, if its warm it will stretch but if its cold it will tear. I would recommend doing regular sprints, and then varying your sprints to hit all the muscle groups,( ie running backwards, high stepping, lateral sprints/running sideways).

You will find if you constantly train moving forward and neglect other motion (lateral, backwards) and for the sake of arguement can run 10 miles in 1 hour, if you played game of football with your friends you would be sore from the lateral movements, and had your trained those muscles involved in lateral movements you would have run 10 miles in 55mins.

Good luck on the marathon.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

superflyjmysnk, thanks for the tips.
It not a full marathon, just a 1/2 (13 miles). Right now I can do a 2 mile run no problem. I played soccer for twelve years, but that was when I was in high school. I remember the wind sprints.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
RRE which has several options;
E-Pinions Fashion Turbo - Ball Bearing 50 Trim
You are the kind of guy that can spend a month trolling the internet searching for a turbo that can make 400 hp/400 lbs torque on pump gas and still spool like a stock turbo. You lose sleep over this Holy Grail. You plan on never using more than 100 octane gas and will live your life mostly on 91 octane.

Street Power/Track Whore - Ball Bearing GT3076
Mostly 91 octane kind of guy but you like to play on some good race gas when you can afford it. You hit track days several times a year and may feel like busting off an 11 second run when you are in the mood. You value spool but dont lose sleep over it.

Track Whore Deluxe - Custom Ball Bearing GT35R
You live close to a race gas supply, maybe you sport a stroker motor, sometimes you go commando just for fun. You have spare wheels with R Compound rubber mounted and every track day your car is running you are there. Getting into a smooth freight train type pull here.

Drag Queen/Race Gas Slut - Ball Bearing Full GT35R
You live life 1/4 mile at a time and your spare tranny is with Shep. Full trailered road racer with a stroker fits this turbo too. For you "pump gas" is when you are out of C-16 and you suffer with a tank of 100 and keep the boost to only 25 psi.

I'm with the 50 trim and 91 octane.
Who here is the trainer and has some tips for me?
I'll post the numbers when the time comes.
I'm all in.

Where did you find these?

When I go to their website I can't find any turbos listed under the Evo 8 section.

Dennis
Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
Where did you find these?

When I go to their website I can't find any turbos listed under the Evo 8 section.
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=25695.0

Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
LOL

Larry, are you really going to try it?!?! Go for it man!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I'm telling you Luda; it's on!
I went to runnersworld.com and printed out a 17 week training plan, broke out the weights, sit ups, push ups...
I'm like a mad Russian with this stuff.
I printed the pic of the turbo kit, put it up on the living room mirror, and look at it everyday. Before I go to the race I'm going to grab the picture with one hand and just crush it just like Rocky did to Drago's picture in Rocky IV. Grrrrrr...
No pain.
No pain.
No pain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement