Well, it seems people aren't spreading the word... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > The Hangout
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Hangout All non-tech and non-EVO related discussions. Login and say hello.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Well, it seems people aren't spreading the word...

It doesn't look like people are telling others to come in and check out the site like I had hoped. I've seen a post in the tech forums where someone linked off to a discussion they posted on evoM and asked people to give their thoughts, instead of just posting the discussion here - that tells me that people come to check things out here but go back there for their regular participation.

Well, it looks like we'll have to do more - what would bring you back to the site regularly? What do you think would bring more EVO owners in? We have our own ideas, but would like to hear yours.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

it'll just take time chris...almost everyday I see a new registered user...

I say give it till summer before it should start to pick up more.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

yea man this is a good site but its pretty new. I have told acouple friends about it. It will start to pick up.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you want lots of members so you can sell ads, then post everywhere about it and try to get lots of members.

If you want a quality forum, get rid of people who post BS (like 99% of evom) and let this place evolve slowly but surely.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by Claudius
If you want lots of members so you can sell ads, then post everywhere about it and try to get lots of members.

If you want a quality forum, get rid of people who post BS (like 99% of evom) and let this place evolve slowly but surely.
You hit tha nail on the head with that one! Also, if you want to sell adds we need to recruite some Nazi's to be moderators just like Evom

Keith
Old 04-05-2004, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Old 04-05-2004, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Claudius

Not really interested in getting a ton of members fast - just more participation by those that are here. It seems like people are signing up, but not really participating - not many tech questions and answers... I know it will take time. It always does. I'm definitely more concerned about quality, not quantity. I'd like to see some people start submitting some How-To articles to help me build up some of that quality
Old 04-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'll make some simple how-to's once I FINALLY get my car...but I'm not going to do anything too complicated, at least it isn't complicated to me...

but I'll post stuff up...I'm sure you already knew that though
Old 04-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fourdoor
we need to recruite some Nazi's to be moderators just like Evom

Someone called
Old 04-13-2004, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

stickers

maybe if we did like the local DSM clubs and got a blub sticker(not anything crazy i hate stickers as much as the next guy) just something small and noticable we can spread the word fast. I dont know about you guys but very often i will come out of the mall or movies or wherever and there will be an evo parked next to or around me. i always look at the car to see if looks stock so i'm sure the other guy does the same........just an idea
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Re: stickers

Quote:
Originally posted by evolutionized
maybe if we did like the local DSM clubs and got a blub sticker(not anything crazy i hate stickers as much as the next guy) just something small and noticable we can spread the word fast. I dont know about you guys but very often i will come out of the mall or movies or wherever and there will be an evo parked next to or around me. i always look at the car to see if looks stock so i'm sure the other guy does the same........just an idea
If I had an Evo...I'd put two little ones on...just like the dsmtuners.com stickers I have on my Eclipse
Old 04-22-2004, 06:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

The main reason that I'm not here that much is beacause I'm on dsmtuners too much. I'll make an effort to spend more time here and try to contribute
Old 04-23-2004, 09:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

I am the same way i spend most of my time on dsmtunners but i check this site out a few times a day and have told some friends about it. Just give it some time it will grow.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

I agree with Claudius and think it speaks volumes for this forum that he's on it. I remember reading evom when there was a big stir because he left.

I think evom is more commerce oriented, unlike the tuners sites which are enthusiast sites with less big-ego vendor involvement.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzonovante
I agree with Claudius and think it speaks volumes for this forum that he's on it. I remember reading evom when there was a big stir because he left.

I think evom is more commerce oriented, unlike the tuners sites which are enthusiast sites with less big-ego vendor involvement.
Wow, that's a great thing to hear. It means that we're achieving our goal. We do have a Parts Catalog which could be seen as being "commerce oriented", but when it comes to our forums, we are more interested in keeping it enthusiast based. If the vendors want to participate, they must abide by our strict guidelines like everyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement