overbosting - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > General > Evotuners.net Site help
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evotuners.net Site help Questions, comments, suggestions and discussions about EVOtuners.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Send a message via AIM to tribalwithstyle Send a message via Yahoo to tribalwithstyle
Angry overbosting

I just got thst POS a 5 days ago and i went to pull out and got on it a little bit just after work and it cut the fuel off in 4th about 5000rpm. It dident happen again untill i went out later that night and it threw a code p234 i cleard it and then it started doing it above 4500rpm all the time. i'm still learning about turbo systems i was brout up on small and bigblocks. i checked all the lines for blockage and dident find anything.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
ok first off what are the mods for the car? and by POS do you mean the code or the car? you are giving very little info for us to try and diagnose. Do you have a boost gauge? does it only do it under WOT? I would start with plugs NGK br7eix. Then preform a boost leak test. also check your vaccum lines for the boost control solenoid. Was the car modified at all? I have never thrown the p0234 code in my 165k. get me a mod list and tell us more about the car and what and how it happened so we can try to diagonose.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Definately need to know the mods and what not. By POS are you referring to the Evo that you bought 5 days ago?? More specification is needed in your post.

I WANNA GO FAST

Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Midwest
maybe the boost is set higher then it should be lower it a bit if you have a megan 02 housing on it they tend to peak boost all wack especaly if your set right under boost cut. sorry if i missed spelld any thing english is not my main. hope i was of any help to you G.L
Old 12-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

If he got a overboost code maybe his car was never tuned and the max limit was not set higher. this can be adjusted if you have a good tuner or just someone who knows how to use ecuflash

Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Midwest
do you think the tune was cleard right with the code ?... i think the car has all kindes of bolt on's and no tune thats why it runs like a POS. i would not drive it till you finde the problem or it may turn in to something sirus idk.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

The code could be caused by numerous things. Almost all tuners change the parameters for fuel cut. This was either not done and the boost was turned up or this car is not tuned at all. Also if a boost line went up it could cause it to spike. Another problem could be a boost leak causing the turbo to work harder. Or this Fuel cut is not fuel cut and him just needing plugs. All things should be considered but we will never know if he never posts again

Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
If he would come back and post, we would be able to help him better. But the only thing that I can think of is that he was tuned, but his boost paramaters wernt turned back up, and therefore he hits boost cut. With trying to do pulls numerous times and hitting boost cut, the car will likely throw the P0234 code. Its happened to me before.

I WANNA GO FAST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement