Hey, everyone check this out and tell me what you think. - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > SoCal EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

SoCal EVO Forum SoCal, Vegas, and surrounding areas.
SoCal Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey, everyone check this out and tell me what you think.

Hello. Im new to this specific evo forum. i dont have an evo but my car has an evo 8 mr swap. i just want some feedback on the the car. everythings jdm. anyone that wants any info ill send you what works been done. probably faster than a lot of evos on this forum.
Attached Images

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
Very nice how hard was it to put the Motor in? Also is it AWD? What are the specs and numbers?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

bolts right in :] its fwd but i have the awd parts for it sitting at a buddys house. its his so i just need $1k haha so itll be there soon. heres the work done to it.

2001 Galant with an EVO VIII MR swap! The car itself has 25k+ invested in it! The motor is fully built using eagle rods, wiseco pistons and all ARP hardware. The motor also has a micro polished 4g64 crank, to make it a 2.3 block. The head has HKS 264/272 camshafts, along with Fidanza cam gears. On top of the head sits a genuine JDM EVO VII valve cover that reads EVOLUTION on it, unlike the USA versions. The exhaust is a custom mandrel bent 3 in system, with a 3 in. high flow cat, 3 in. resonator, and finished off with a HKS Carbon Ti exhaust. Candy red coated piping, carbon plug cover/carbon cam cover also sit in the engine bay, connected to a Spearco intercooler. The carbon hood is held open by a custom set of TEIN hood dampers. An EVO radiator, along with a B&M oil cooler, have been installed to keep the engine running cool. 5 speed manual tranny from a 3rd gen Eclipse has been swapped in, which itself has a Quaife LSD installed. An ACT 2100 clutch, along with a Fidanza lightweight flywheel, has also been installed. The stock turbo is still used, and the car is making 320whp/340wtq. The car has been properly wired up, meaning even the immobilizer system works and the OBDII system/light works! The car sits on a set of Volk SF Challenge rims, measuring 19 x8 with a custom offset. Behind them are a set of Brembo brakes, custom powder coated in candy red that completely stand out when the sun hits them! A set of cross drilled rotors keep the Brembo’s cool. On the outside, you have a host of JDM parts that are very hard to find here in the US. This car has 1 of 2 Dolphin Aeroform bumpers ever imported in the US…the bumper itself costs 1k+ to get imported here! A set of JDM headlights, JDM fog lights, and the ONLY Liberal grille that has been wrapped in carbon fiber sit in the front of the car. Also, the roof has been layered in carbon fiber, giving the car a “reverse” skunk theme, completed by a VIS carbon hood and VIS carbon trunk. On the side, a set of Crux replica side skirts and rear Erebuni rear bumper are connected by a set of genuine JDM Mitsubishi fender flares. All these parts and the car itself were sprayed in 3 stage diamond white paint. The door handles are shaved and opened by the Viper 5900 SST alarm system. The windows are tinted in 5% limo tint to give the car a very private interior.
On the inside, you’ll find a host of carbon fiber parts. A set of Recaro Speed seats sit in the front, and the rear has been redone in the same material (purchased directly from Recaro) to perfectly match the front.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
it looks good and its a different route then most take. Are the AWD parts from a EVO or are they from a newer JDM galant VR-4? 320whp is on a dynojet? or Mustang?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

yes thats why im fond of this car. i dont think you'll ever see a galant like this. i havnt. im definitely the only guy on this forum with a galant but could rock a lot of the evos here. as for the awd im not sure about that. most likely the new jdm galant awd but im not totally sure. Mustang
Old 08-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car:
Club Region: SoCal
You have a great looking car and amazing engine setup. I have a '99, 4 cylinder. I recently purchased the carbon fiber trunk from visracing.com and it looks like yours. You are not telling how you made the finish molding that says Galant on it to work. The original is so much shorter than what you have. Is yours custom made? I have checked with people selling JDM parts and the Japanese Galant is no different than the American at the back except the fact that it requires two lights versus one. The VIS trunk has holes for two lights anuway. If there is no part like the one you have I am thinking about making one from fiber glass and paint it black. I will greatly appreciate a reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement