new to this thread!! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > SoCal EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

SoCal EVO Forum SoCal, Vegas, and surrounding areas.
SoCal Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

new to this thread!!

hey guys whats up..im new in this forum. I currently drive a 07' Civic Si but soon going to trade in the car for an Evo. Any recommendations between the new EVO X and the EVO IX? Ive always wanted a IX since my friend has one as well, and when I drove it, all I can say is wow . I just want to know how it is compared to the X. Any inputs about their PROs and CONs is greatly appreciated. It'll help narrow the choices later on when I make a purchase.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

the evo IX hands down well that will be my prefernce it has the best of both worlds really reliabel motor(not that the 4b11 isnt just that its a new motor and i have yet to see it break a 1000hp yet).. it already has the mivec and i even think its lighter then the x but that just my 2cents
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
^^ very good points, the 4b11 has proven itself with basic boltons and makes incrediable power for next to nothing. Also with tuning they can gain 40-50whp in stock form. The Evo X handles better and is more of a car that you can drive daily because of its creature comforts. I own a evo 8 with about 400whp on the stock turbo.....this is my faily. I will be purchasing a 2010 evo X GSR for my toy in the spring. I have driven both and the new evo X is def a step above the previous models in overall fit, finish, and quality. As for breaking the 1000whp mark it will need some major work and sleeving. For my toy i am shooting for about 550whp off a stock frame turbo. More details to come after i get and mod the car.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Southeast
Evo Wow

NEW to this site and the EVO
Hey guys I just bought a 2008 NEW never titled and it is really nice. I am a reformed hot rodder from Detroit (muscle car guy) and this EVO is really something. I used to think you needed a big block to run fast....I've been EVOCISED. What a car. The sound system leaves a lot to be desired.
No kidding, when I drive the car normally I get an HONEST 25 mpg at 65-70 mph with the cruise on.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
did you get a 08 with SSS or just a base model gsr?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement