Buying first Evo, need some pointers. - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Newbie/General Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Newbie/General Forum Beginner/basic questions and general EVO discussion. Specific questions should be asked in a focused forum below. This area is for the newbies.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Central Canada
Buying first Evo, need some pointers.

Well I have been looking for a good evo 8/9 for awhile now and finally came to one for sale up in Calgary but my question is: is it worth it?

Used 2005 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION for Sale In CALGARY, AB - 3767877 - autoTRADER.ca

I already have an accepted offer plugged in but what sorts of things would I look for that may be going wrong? Do you guys think this is a good deal, as this is the only Evo I have seen for sale in a long time I am not 100% sure on the price here. Any help is appreciated thank you!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
I clicked your link but it isnt working. One thing I do know is that Evo's in Canada always seem overpriced. Aren't you guys able to come over to the states to buy a vehicle and take it back?

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Oh trippy, oh well. I wouldn't know I am not into the local car scenes here. I have decided to try to find a stock MR though. How long will that take HA. For the price question it was 14.5 for an upgraded 8 MR.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
why are you pressed to find a MR model? a gsr will suffice unless you dont plan on modding the mr that much. MR's are great for autox and daily duties, but if you want overall drag or power you will want a GSR because of the 5spd, lower price leaves more room to mod.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
why are you pressed to find a MR model? a gsr will suffice unless you dont plan on modding the mr that much. MR's are great for autox and daily duties, but if you want overall drag or power you will want a GSR because of the 5spd, lower price leaves more room to mod.
I just like getting the top of the line, because the things I will be doing before any engine work is a sound system, plus things like weight reduction and just minor interior/exterior mods to make the look the way I want it. Once I get that done I will start engine work. The 5spd is actually that much better then the 6spd?

P.S I am only looking at evo 8/9 not the X.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yes I know your looking for a evo 8 or 9. the 5spd holds power better out of the box, and its lighter then the MR overall. if your doing weight reduction, skip the sub box with your stereo, get some good speakers and a small amp. you wont want to listen to the radio anyway with a nice intake and exhaust combo.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
Yes I know your looking for a evo 8 or 9. the 5spd holds power better out of the box, and its lighter then the MR overall. if your doing weight reduction, skip the sub box with your stereo, get some good speakers and a small amp. you wont want to listen to the radio anyway with a nice intake and exhaust combo.
Alright thanks, I guess now only time to play the waiting game until I can find one in Canada or one close...such a hassle to wait .
Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

well the older evo 8's and 9's from what i hear are hard to find up in canada and they cost you guys a arm and a leg.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

They cost anywhere from 15-25, but that doesn't include shipping+border taxes which I have no clue of the average price of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement