chrome tune check it. - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Newbie/General Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Newbie/General Forum Beginner/basic questions and general EVO discussion. Specific questions should be asked in a focused forum below. This area is for the newbies.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
chrome tune check it.

< C R O M E >
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Crome I ment lol not chrome... but Im still a little weary about street tuneing
Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
So is this just for Hondas?

Aside from that, if this is street tuning, im all about that more so than a dyno tune. If you think about it, dyno tuning doesnt really touch on your daily driveability. I mean yea, youre safe to drive on a dyno tune, but it focuses on your power pulls. Where as with street tuning, you can touch base on all of it. You can go out, and log your ECU while driving to the store, and then come back and make some tweeks to smooth the tune out some. Same with power pulls.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

that is true. thank you. and yeah I think its just for hondas I knew it was to good to be true lol. maybe this..HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips
Old 09-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Southeast
It is just for honda's being a honda guy myself. Also to comment on their is nothing better then a dyno tune. Street tunes are to dangerous if your trying to get all the power out of your car. I mean if you want to do a 3rd gear pull on the highway and get up to about 100 then be my guess. Street tunes are more so the car is TEMPORAILY safe to drive without denonation. Now you do do a street tune before the dyno just to get the idle set.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryboy View Post
that is true. thank you. and yeah I think its just for hondas I knew it was to good to be true lol. maybe this..HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips
HP Tuners is for GM, Ford, and Dodge. My brother uses them.

If youre looking to tune your Evo, just learn how to do it on your own and take it step by step. If you have a laptop (and if not buy a cheap one that has Windows XP) and download EvoScan and ECUFlash. Also, buy a Tactrix cable.

I wouldnt pay for these guys to tune anything on my cars. Although, they may be reputable, if something happens to your car, youre on your own. And you dont get your money back for what they may have messed up.

There is plenty of tuning knowledge floating around here and on the other forums. So if you do choose to tune on your own and need help, just ask bro.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 09-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
It is just for honda's being a honda guy myself. Also to comment on their is nothing better then a dyno tune. Street tunes are to dangerous if your trying to get all the power out of your car. I mean if you want to do a 3rd gear pull on the highway and get up to about 100 then be my guess. Street tunes are more so the car is TEMPORAILY safe to drive without denonation. Now you do do a street tune before the dyno just to get the idle set.
You know what? Youre right. Street tunes are dangerous. Its a risk that that person, he/she, takes. Some people have private roads, or know people with private roads to do their power pulls on, and then daily drive to wherever while logging data to see whats going on with their car normally. So yes, i say that, if you want to tune everything...THE WHOLE PICTURE, then you need to street tune.

Now obviously thats just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But I ask you to please share why you think that there is nothing better than a dyno tune.

Cheers

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
i disagree that street tunes are bad if done properly with logs and wideband. My evo was street tuned all the time. Always logging and using wideband. Its more of a real tune compared to certain dynos where the load is low.

As said before if they are done in a safe location and you have a good tuner, then you should be straight. With all tunes before tuning make sure your car has no boost leaks, cracked vac hoses or other problems.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookhoe View Post
HP Tuners is for GM, Ford, and Dodge. My brother uses them.

If youre looking to tune your Evo, just learn how to do it on your own and take it step by step. If you have a laptop (and if not buy a cheap one that has Windows XP) and download EvoScan and ECUFlash. Also, buy a Tactrix cable.

I wouldnt pay for these guys to tune anything on my cars. Although, they may be reputable, if something happens to your car, youre on your own. And you dont get your money back for what they may have messed up.

There is plenty of tuning knowledge floating around here and on the other forums. So if you do choose to tune on your own and need help, just ask bro.

will do thank you bro
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

No problem man. And like SicLanEvo said, get a wideband. Theyre the key to being able to log your air/fuel ratios. AEM and Innovate are good brands. I prefer AEM.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 09-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Very awesome I cant wait to start doing this its going to be sick...
Old 09-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

HOLD UP no offense to larry not sure your experience in tuning but if your new to tuning I wouldn't recommend just going on the back roads and running your car, unless you have 3200 to drop for a new short block. By the way for all the guys that say street tunes are not bad you do realize that your putting yourself at risk and all others that may come down that so called back road. I don't agree with spending hours on end for a street tune because your just asking to get caught. Do it right and do it safe, go to a shop with a dyno. You can pay to do pulls on the dyno and see what numbers you put down, if you don't want someone else to do it. Street tunes should only be done if you have no local shops and to dial in the idle so you dont either run lean or rich before the dyno. No disrespect to anyone but there really shouldn't even be an argument that a street tune is better then a dyno tune. Also you get the same load on the dyno so that's crap whoever mentioned that. Also to add a wideband is just as important as a boost gauge so if you don't have one I highly recommend it.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
literally a street tune can take as little as 20 minutes. we did mine about every2-3 months or when i added parts. Some dyno's do not calculate load like others, these would be your high number dyno's, the lower reading dyno's have more load which is closer to driving on the street. Of course a boost gauge should be the first thing you should do to an evo hands down and it has been covered over and over. Who really cares about your numbers, does the car preform? can you drive good? numbers dont mean crap with a bad driver........ I was dyno tuned once with my evo and street tuned since 07. My car ran perfect and was very strong. it's got a 182k and still kicking. If you have to spend hours upon hours tuning you may be doing it wrong or not have the prep work to your tune done before hand. We only did 3 pulls each time only in 3rd gear which is the gear we were tuning for. So the evo only goes a little over 80 in 3rd..... i drive this fast on a daily basis on crowded highways....

Too each there own, my car was never a dyno queen.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
HOLD UP no offense to larry not sure your experience in tuning but if your new to tuning I wouldn't recommend just going on the back roads and running your car, unless you have 3200 to drop for a new short block. By the way for all the guys that say street tunes are not bad you do realize that your putting yourself at risk and all others that may come down that so called back road. I don't agree with spending hours on end for a street tune because your just asking to get caught. Do it right and do it safe, go to a shop with a dyno. You can pay to do pulls on the dyno and see what numbers you put down, if you don't want someone else to do it. Street tunes should only be done if you have no local shops and to dial in the idle so you dont either run lean or rich before the dyno. No disrespect to anyone but there really shouldn't even be an argument that a street tune is better then a dyno tune. Also you get the same load on the dyno so that's crap whoever mentioned that. Also to add a wideband is just as important as a boost gauge so if you don't have one I highly recommend it.

First time doing it all myself on a street tune. but dont worrie about safety cuz im a kick ass driver..
Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
literally a street tune can take as little as 20 minutes. we did mine about every2-3 months or when i added parts. Some dyno's do not calculate load like others, these would be your high number dyno's, the lower reading dyno's have more load which is closer to driving on the street. Of course a boost gauge should be the first thing you should do to an evo hands down and it has been covered over and over. Who really cares about your numbers, does the car preform? can you drive good? numbers dont mean crap with a bad driver........ I was dyno tuned once with my evo and street tuned since 07. My car ran perfect and was very strong. it's got a 182k and still kicking. If you have to spend hours upon hours tuning you may be doing it wrong or not have the prep work to your tune done before hand. We only did 3 pulls each time only in 3rd gear which is the gear we were tuning for. So the evo only goes a little over 80 in 3rd..... i drive this fast on a daily basis on crowded highways....

Too each there own, my car was never a dyno queen.
I guess so each his own. I prefer the more safe and legal way. No let me ask you a question, why a third gear pull. Most people I THOUGHT did 3rd for N/A and 4th for boosted cars. Only reason I ask is because in my civic we did a 4th gear because my turner said I would tear through 3rd to quick and he didn't fell it would be as good of a tune. Any reason why he said that or why some do 4th instead of third?

Also may be asking you more questions through pms if thats cool about eflash I believe its called and how to properly use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement