My new daily, bye bye Evo - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Newbie/General Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Newbie/General Forum Beginner/basic questions and general EVO discussion. Specific questions should be asked in a focused forum below. This area is for the newbies.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
My new daily, bye bye Evo

Ok first off for those that know me, i have had my evo for about 5 years and driven over 150k in it! Full bolt ons and cams, stock motor, diff, trans, and axles! car had 185k on it when i let it go. I didn't want to worry about the car because my daily commute was 100 miles a day. Car is now owned by atlantic motor sports in gaithursburg MD. Car was returned to stock before traded!

Evo

New car is 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-spec. car is great and It has been modded since 700miles, lol. Turboxs stealthback exhaust, Turboxs Intake, HKS SSQV ver.3 BOV/relocation kit, Defi Blue racer Boost gauge, MAP performance SS exhaust mani shield, Turboxs S2 reflash, LB designs HID and LEDs from front to back inside and out! (I will be releasing kits for them after the first of the year!) More mods to come very soon!

Vid of LEDs
http://www.facebook.com/siclanevo?v=...v=447769830058
Lol first time with traction control off!
http://www.facebook.com/siclanevo?v=...v=436280007771

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Thats tight man. I was at a Hyundai dealership over the weekend (helping my sister look for a car), and saw a white one. I never really looked at them before, but I was quite impressed. One question though, is it true that that motor is fairly similar to the 4B11 motor thats in the Evo X or no?

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I wanted a white R-spec, but there were only 2 left in MD and both were Red.

The motor is technically a version of the 4b11t. The difference is the block, hyundai uses a open deck and non forged internals. mitsu uses a semi closed deck and forged internals. The motor is part of the world motor project, so its also in the caliber SRT-4. The new sonota Turbo is the same motor i have just ver.2 and makes about 65 more crank horsepower pushing it to above 275 from the factory, but still is only FWD.

BTW heads between the 4b11 mitsu and 4b11 hyundai motor are almost identical injectors and cams can be swapped. Speaking of I need a set of evo X injectors asap~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement