New to Evos - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Newbie/General Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Newbie/General Forum Beginner/basic questions and general EVO discussion. Specific questions should be asked in a focused forum below. This area is for the newbies.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Midwest
Send a message via Yahoo to CalypsoGST
New to Evos

Hi my name is John and, well, just decided to join the forums here. I am heading down to pick up my "brand spanking new" 2005 EVO on Monday morning. I am pretty excited. I have been driving a 1997 Olds Aurora and it just isn't what I am. I used to own a 1997 Eclipse GS-T so I am familiar with the turbo side just not so much the AWD. I will probably be asking a lot of questions and if it's anything like DSMtalk on here then I'll probably be made fun of. Beside all that I am happy to be here and hope to learn a lot from you all.
I live in Mayfield Heights, Ohio which is a suburb of Cleveland. I will be looking around at the regional forums but just letting everybody know....although it might show up on the left of this post.
Here's the short version of that whole paragraph. New to the evolution game but not to cars. Can't wait to have fun. Oh and I hate Northstar engines.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
should have posted in the general section, but welcome and is the evo your getting stock or modded? i had a 95 gs-t before my evo, its not hard to transition you just dont have to worry about wheel hop now!

Old 10-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Welcome!

and this is nothing like DSMtalk.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Midwest
Send a message via Yahoo to CalypsoGST
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
should have posted in the general section, but welcome and is the evo your getting stock or modded? i had a 95 gs-t before my evo, its not hard to transition you just dont have to worry about wheel hop now!
Sorry about the wrong forum. No more wheel-hop is good considering I decided (terribly I might add) to put a GSX spec transmission from TRE into the GS-T. The gearing was entirely too short for the FWD. You learn from your mistakes though.
I'm also sorry it took so long to reply I have been super busy. I went and picked the Evo up from Pittsburgh a week ago and she runs great especially for having 96k on the odo. I boost leaked her and found no real loss of pressure. I also found out she has been unmolested(as far as I can tell). I looked throughout the engine bay and found no tampering. She feels pretty stout for being 100. The dealer replaced the clutch, brakes, and tires. Supposedly the fluids as well but I changed it all myself anyways....you never know. I will be driving her this winter so I need to find a good set of winter tires.

I got the back and side windows tinted at 18% and the front windows at 50% I haven't taken pictures yet though. Enjoy.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

I move this thread to the "newbie/general forum". Its nice to see that there are still some unmolested evos that are out there for sale. Glad to hear that you are satisfied with it. Got anymore pics?

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 12-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: NorCal
Just new here. I am from California and hope to learn more about the evo that you know. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Welcome!! Whatever you need to know, im sure we can answer it here. Make a thread and introduce yourself!

I WANNA GO FAST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement