New member car searching - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Newbie/General Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Newbie/General Forum Beginner/basic questions and general EVO discussion. Specific questions should be asked in a focused forum below. This area is for the newbies.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Pacific Northwest
New member car searching

Hello everyone first post on your forum just sending out a hello to all the local gurus and friendlies on the forums.

My first question is about buying the right EVO. So Ive narrowed my shopping list for my next car down to a few choices and the EVO tops the list so I figured id join a forum to ask a few questions from you about the car?

So Im looking for a fun fast 4 door car that will seat some comfortably and have a big enough boot for the the groceries and what not. Ive been shopping around for evos but living in canada its sort of a rare breed to find. I have found a few models here but am unsure how reliable they are or what i should be looking for in a car like this.

Another question is should i purchase the car from the states and import it here? I know the market in the US is alot better here so maybe someone might have the knowledge to tell me whats involved in that?

I have test driven any cars yet but i plan on doing then when im done my college classes in the next week. Mechanical engineering so hopefully i can add some valuable input once i do have a car and plan to modify it to my liking.

Anyways the car i am going to take for a test drive is an 06 EVO9 i believe with 23 000 miles on it. Another car is an 03 EVO GSR.

Anything to look out for these cars? i also have been checking out the new EVO 10 GSR but dunno if i like the 41000 dollar sticker price here in canada. The MR is even more rediculous at 51 000 so input from you guys would be great
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
go with the 06 evo 9. if you can swing it. the evo is my daily driver and my family car. I can fit my dog, my kid, my girl and grocerys, lol. as far as importing one to you , you may have to contact your highway safety administration.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

well ive searched around and have only found 2 evo 9 arounds here. Ones a 2006 with 43000 miles for 30 grand and the others a 2006 evo at a dealer with 29000 miles for 34000 grand.

I found an EVO X GSR for 38 grand which is only 4 grand more than the 06 evo 9. How much better of a car is the evo 9 over the evo 10?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

thats way high dollar prices at least for here in the US. whatever fits your budget and works for you is what you should buy. def drive them first.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

yeah i noticed the Canadian market is much higher than the US market. Sadly i know its a huge deal to import one from the states and then the fact that I would have to go and test drive cars across state lines makes it even harder.

Cheapest EVO I have now found in canada is a 06 MR 29000.... Canadian dollars sitting good to the US dollar to, maybe it is worth my while to find one in the states. Beauty thing is i live right on the border to washington.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

very nice good luck on your hunt and you will probably find one pretty close. it shouldnt be too hard to buy one and import it.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

well Im sure ill find one I like and will be asking you more questions later on what I can do to make it my own :P
Old 05-25-2010, 04:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

What exactly are you buying the car for? daily? drag? street? what features or options do you need? Honestly the evo X's are a great daily and very capable car, these should be easily available to you in cananda
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

by evo X are u refering to a MR model or GSR model? is the GSR as capable as an older MR model? I ask because a newish (08) GSR in canada still has a sticker price of 38 000 dollars.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

oh and the car is for daily driver that will be capable of drag when i want to hit up the local track
Old 05-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

just because the is a older model mr does not mean its the best for your application. if your drag racing, then most will say gsr for whatever year, unless your going to stick to a semi- stock car then the MR is a great car. the older mr's with the man 6spd has issues holding power. the new MR with the sst tranny is the same way without tuning and some other goodies, but they have recently broken the 500whp mark with a sst evo in the past couple weeks. all of them are great cars, figure out your budget and go from there. look at mileage, condidtion and price before you decide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement