No idea what to do - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Newbie/General Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Newbie/General Forum Beginner/basic questions and general EVO discussion. Specific questions should be asked in a focused forum below. This area is for the newbies.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
No idea what to do

I just bought an 08 Evo with the MR package. My other car is a 2007 Grand Cherokee so this is a completely new concept to me. I have no idea what the previous owner did to it. All I know is it is fast. I would like to know what I can do to it to make it faster. Fast is good I also would like to know what some cool features are and little things like that. Noob questions mostly. I'll put some pictures of the engine bay up.
Thanks,
Tony
Attached Images

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
so you bought a modded evo MR? What other mods does it have? if you want bigger power you need to check out ssperformance with there clutch packs and tranny fluids. has the car been tuned? what cool features are you looking for? does your MR have the technology package?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I have no idea if it is modded or not. I don't know what to look for that would be different from a unmodded Evo X. Like I said I am used to modding my Grand Cherokee, mostly lift and appearance stuff only thing I've done with the engine is K&N intake and Flowmaster 50 Series exhaust. I know that there is a turbo gauge, at least that's what I think it is, behind the switch to change the mode that looks like its aftermarket but I honestly have NO IDEA. I'm just looking to see what I can do to make it faster. I don't think it has been tuned but I don't know. I'm going to a track on Wednesday with one of my friends and we are going to do 1/8th mile drags. I'll put the times up. Maybe that will be able to help me figure out if it is modded or not.

And thanks for the response SicLanEvo.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Well, that Evo definitely has something done to it. Right now, im looking at its AMS intercooler piping and your hard piping with a cone filter.

Is there anyway you can post a pic of the direct front and rear of the car? That will show us if you have an aftermarket exhaust and intercooler as well. I honestly dont think youll have much more than those things done to the car, and that will be a starting point for teaching you to mod your Evo.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
post up a pic of the gauge or just your interior and we can kind of tell you what you got! That car has def been modded.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement