checking plates? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to scooterthepirat
checking plates?

ok so last night i got pulled over driving my paerents company truck that i was going to use today to help my friend move. and the reason i was pulled over was they ran the plates on it and they came back as some 75 year old womens ford wagon. so seeing is how they came back as a differant car they jump to the fact that oh hey he might have stolen this truck which is a great way to start with the whole getting pulled over routine tell you what. after going through the whole spiel of how its my parents company and the truck is one of there fleet trucks and they ran it and it all came back good the cop then came after me for not knowing that they were worng and was like well if you dont know why there the wrong ones then im going to have to give you a ticket. he didnt seem to care that i dont drive the truck very offten and i would really have no way of knowing if they were wrong or right. so at the end of all of it they took the plates off the truck gave me a 46$ ticket for worngfull use of plates and said if im luscky i wont get pulled over again driving back home with no plates. so moral of the story i guess is that if someone jacks your sh*t for what ever reason or the dmv messes up you get the fine for it AWESOME!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

grammar is your friend.

seems rather strange, they took your plates??? didn't you have the registration that matched the plates in the car???

and you are pretty lucky, my brother-in-law got to go to jail for the evening for a very similar reason.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to scooterthepirat
ya im not that good at this whole using english thing

but i did have the paper work for the truck but the plate number on it did not match the plate number on the truck and im not sure why it was that way. but im pretty sure the only reason i did not get to spend the night with them down in lcdc is cuz everytihng i told them checked out other then the plates being wrong

Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoRSTroy View Post
grammar is your friend.
reason.
(really?! This guy is just tryin' to share a story, and you're gonna critisize him right off the bat about his "grammer"?! LOL! Not that mine's any better.) That's a sh!tty story man, sorry to hear that. Cops obviously have their own agenda, no matter what the "law" is. I can't believe they actually gave you a ticket!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterthepirat View Post
ya im not that good at this whole using english thing

but i did have the paper work for the truck but the plate number on it did not match the plate number on the truck and im not sure why it was that way. but im pretty sure the only reason i did not get to spend the night with them down in lcdc is cuz everytihng i told them checked out other then the plates being wrong
If it doesn't match then yes they can take your plates and even impound your vehicle if they like. If its not your fault go to the dmv and get it straightened out and then take all the proper paper work to court. Police have the right to run any plates they want because guess what they are not yours, they belong to the DMV. Look at it like your renting them.....If you have any legal questions Pm me.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement