Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

Evo Meet June 22 since NOPI was Cancelled

4K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  AznDragonV 
#1 · (Edited)
So since NOPI was cancelled due to their lame ass excuses and we all want an Evo meet and most were going to NOPI I changed the date to June 21 which is a Saturday. So since it is next week it can still be at Red Rocks but I will not be able to bring any food. We can all go grab a bite after the meet.

Meet should start as they normally do around 11 am. We can have a pre meet the Denver Mechandise Mart again. Say around 10 am.

Let me know if this sounds good.

*****************meet changed to saturday June 21********************

#7 ·
Well then we will see you at the Denver merchandise mart at 58 ave and I 25. WE had a good turn out for this last one. Had about 25 evos

If you live S or N depends which way you wil turn on 58 th to get to the mart. South turn right, north turn left. Its basically on the east side of I25. The mart is like 100 yds off to your left. Show up around 10-1015

#12 ·
Not so fast guys a new event has been anounced and from what I hear there will be a car show too. We all need to roll into this and show NOPI what a bunch of dicks they are for the shit they pulled. If only a few come then NOPI will not come back next year.

NOPI cancels - Bandimere Speedway revises schedule!

Bandimere Speedway is disappointed to have learnedvia a press release from NOPI, that they have cancelled their Colorado and Utah events. The Colorado event was scheduled for Bandimere Speedway on June 21-22. With a week to plan a new event, Bandimere Speedway has revised the schedule as such:

Saturday, June 21 -non-points SUPER PRO, PRO,TROPHY, and SENIORclasses will be run under theFive-R Fall Series rules (entry fees, payouts, ET breaks). In addition, for those Sport Compact & Import racers disappointed in losing an event, a STREET TUNERbracket class, andheads-up action with theTC Performance STREET SPORT COMPACT presented byMartian's Powder & Ceramic Coating, and ImportSports / PFI Performance PRO SPORT COMPACT classes. The heads-up sport compact classes will run with the USP rules (www.uspracing.com), as most local racers are familiar with and legal for these classes. Also, a TIME ONLY/GRUDElane will be provided. Racers may not run "Time Only" and a race class.

Sunday, June 22 - Jr. Drag Bash - This will be the non-points 50th Anniversary Bash for the Jr dragster competitors. There will be three Bracket Classes (12.90, 8.90, and 7.90), Index Classes (12.90, 10.90, 9.90, 8.90, and 7.90),a Quick 32, and Junior Comp.

Event pages on the Bandimere Upcoming Event will be updated over the weekend with more information, entry fees, and gate times.

A statement from Bandimere Speedway and the NHRA regarding the sudden cancellation of the NOPI event is posted on the website, as well.

#19 ·
I had the first MR off the truck with the first-ever 6spd in an Evo.

The X has already gone 11.1 @ 120 revving to 8200 in 4th. Another X went 11.3 and is putting down 400whp. I doubt you will be quite at that level right now. :p

#21 ·
I plan to get a X MR, but I actually am thinking along similar lines except that I may wait a year until some bugs have been worked out. I don't need it right now anyway, but I do kind of like to wait a year or so to see what shakes out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.