EVO Parts - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

EVO Parts

New to the Board.
Hi

Looking for 2003 EVO 8 parts to go fast.
Cams 272's or 280's
Head Studs
Springs and Retainers
Fuel Rail and Fuel Pump
Injectors
Planning to go to E85 want all the parts 1st.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for working on my car.
Live South of Aurora.
Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a cone air filter, and a used K&N
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Carz Performance in Lakewood.
Lucas is the owner,
720-214-5095
7895 West 14th Ave,
lakewood, CO

He's a great guy that will help you and steer you in the right direction. get in touch with him

Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
For E-85 tuning, I'd recommend Tobz who is up in Longmont.

I don't have any of those parts spare, but you can probably get them all from Tobz and/or Carz. There is a thread where Rdwngs is selling 880s, which would be just right if you're only doing the stock turbo on E-85.

As an FYI, you don't need the fuel rail, springs, or retainers in most cases. All of those things are still stock on my 05.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley05 View Post
New to the Board.
Hi

Looking for 2003 EVO 8 parts to go fast.
Cams 272's or 280's
Head Studs
Springs and Retainers
Fuel Rail and Fuel Pump
Injectors
Planning to go to E85 want all the parts 1st.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for working on my car.
Live South of Aurora.
Thanks
Welcome to the Site!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

From all i have heard/read, i would suggest getting a fuel rail. I dont know why you would upgrade your injectors and not the rail, seems like you would want to prevent from any bottlenecks related to the rail since you will be utilizing larger injectors IMO
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEvo1121 View Post
From all i have heard/read, i would suggest getting a fuel rail. I dont know why you would upgrade your injectors and not the rail, seems like you would want to prevent from any bottlenecks related to the rail since you will be utilizing larger injectors IMO
Where and what is this "all" that you have read. Buschur cars are running low 10s and high 9s on the stock fuel rail with 600-ish WHP. The stock fuel rail is not a bottleneck and is not related to upgrading the injectors.

You've seen my results, right? Who is faster on the stock turbo? I have the stock fuel rail, stock FPR, stock fuel lines to go with 850s and a Walbro - no problem, because I'm nowhere near the range of those Buschur cars.

For example:

Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio - evolutionm.net

Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

to each their own. I plan on 880cc injectors, ams fuel rail, fuel pump. Whether it is overkill or not, id rather be 100% sure i am safe with my engine than be the ix that blows up due to fuel issues.

back on topic. Good luck and welcome harley05!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Come on, now, that's not the proper response. It's not about "to each their own." It's about facts. YOu said all that you have read said to upgrade the fuel rail. I would like to know what all you have read and where. Is it just stuff written by locals, or is it the big shops who build the fastest Evos in the country.

What makes you think the stock fuel rail isn't safe? Have you seen failures caused by upgraded injectors? When Buschur doesn't upgrade that part, why do you think you need to? Do you know something Buschur doesn't know, or were you influenced by others who don't know as much as Buschur? These are all important questions and not a shot at you whatsoever. Why do you think you'd blow up due to the stock fuel rail?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Why bother upgrading your fuel pump if the rest of the stock fuel system can handle e85? I am curious as to why the pump would be the only part needed to be replaced?

i have heard it from local shops preparing customers for e85 as well as local tuners.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Because the stock fuel pump can't handle enough flow even for regular gas with the boost turned up. Those _have_ failed on numerous occasions and are flow-limited - this is well-documented.

The injectors also are flow-limited but only on E-85 or with a larger-than-stock turbo on regular gas, so those must be changed.

Local shops and local tuners? Ok. I just suggest rounding out your education by staying abreast of the rest of the Evo world that has far more information, knowledge, and experience with such things.

I also have stock head bolts and have been running big boost on alky, race gas, and e-85 since November of 2005 on what is a daily driver. That's another thing that doesn't fail but people are scared into upgrading them. Another would be ignition - I have stock ignition with 8-series plugs.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

I guess the local shops are just cheating their customers on parts they dont need then from what you are saying.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Is that how you take it?

I'm just saying that I keep hearing a lot of people in the area say that certain parts are REQUIRED when they absolutely are not, and I don't know where that info is coming from, because it's not coming from the Evo community at large. If you didn't need to upgrade your fuel rail, head bolts, or ignition, wouldn't you want to know...or at least be able to make an informed decision based off hundreds of cars and tons of testing? Even moreso when cars that are faster than anything ever built in Colorado are doing what they do with stock parts that you think you have to upgrade on your stock turbo'd car. Make sense?

There's nothing wrong with doing the mods I've mentioned so far (except doing head studs with the 1X1 method), so doing them is not like a sinful act or anything, but if it's not necessary, then...

The moral of the story is to not get all of your info from just the local area, because we are infantile compared to the rest of the Evo world.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEvo1121 View Post
I guess the local shops are just cheating their customers on parts they dont need then from what you are saying.
I have been to numorous local shops where they said I need this and I need that, or my shit will blow up... they also said I would need $10,000+ to make my car have 350-400AWHP.. on both is complete shit.

I have also heard form local "reputable" shops that if u run alky and E-85 u dont have to run a intercooler... and u wont get heat soak... which is complete BS.

So before u go to a shop check em out. do some research on them...
I also Am running E-85 with walbro, and 1000cc injectors. no fuel rail and no issues of any kind. I got all the fuel demand I need and I can get more out of it.

Also from what I have seen most shops only do fuel rail up grades on High hp evos, which no of us here in Colorado have besides a select few who are running them.... but I dont see why a fuel rail is needed, and I dought youd blow up ur engine from just not runnning a fuel rail

But thats IMO. and every one is intitled to there own....
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

back on topic, I have a set of 880cc injectors for sale... pm if you are interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement