EVO vs. STI Shootout - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #31 (permalink)

That was NOT my intention at all. I want you to have fun but I also wanted to make you aware of things to watch out for.

There was a time I was brand new on a track back in 2001 at Texas Motor Speedway. I was riding along with several guys that participated in track events all over California and I was immediately hooked. At the time, my SR20 was pushing about 450 to the wheels. Being a dumbass, I decided that tracking a car was easy and headed out in my car. Sure enough my adrenaline made me act like Michael Schumacher and because adrenaline was so high, my foot was planted into the gas pedal. 23lbs of boost on a Gt30R on a FWD vehicle makes for some interesting traction at 100% TPS.

I ended up in the grass, sand, what have you with no damage to myself, my car or anyone else.

Find Clay at the track and mooch as much information off him as you can. Hell, take a few laps with him and get a feel for when he shifts, when he gases, when he brakes, when he turns, when he takes a wide turn or an inside turn, etc.

There's nothing to be scared of. Tracking your car, especially an Evo is absolutely awesome!!

Just don't push your limits even though your mind says so...

-E
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

Wicked E you just made it all better AHAH! Thanks man, I'll be up there around 7. I have a black on black evo ix with an Rx Motorsports sticker on the front. If you see me make yourself known cause I'm not sure who'll be there and what not, or who's who at that matter. But I'm very excited to be racing and doing what we love to do with a bunch a guys I'm sure I could learn a lot from. If I can take a few laps with someone just to see what it's like that'd be great. See everyone in the morning!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #33 (permalink)

I'm not able to make it up there for tmw's events but I will be at Bandi on Friday. I'll come find you.

-E

Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #34 (permalink)

Uhh with all this rain this morning is CSP still a go?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:10 AM   #35 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Racing in rain is just another level of skill, so I doubt it will be canceled.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #36 (permalink)

Let us know how it goes....wish I could be there
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

Great job by JTizzle and Dustin on their first track events. They both improved greatly as the day went on, and they even got some rain/wet experience. We were all lucky to get dry timed runs on a rainy day.

Subies ruled the day for the most part, but an Evo took the overall championship.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Great job by JTizzle and Dustin on their first track events. They both improved greatly as the day went on, and they even got some rain/wet experience. We were all lucky to get dry timed runs on a rainy day.

Subies ruled the day for the most part, but an Evo took the overall championship.
this is awesome to hear! drag strip tomorrow, right? evo's shoud have that locked up as well!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

Nice! Good work guys!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

well from what I heard I may not be able to race due to me not having a racing jacket and since my battery is in the trunk I need a shut off, well I don't have that either. so I may have to do just do the car show. sucks cause it looks like I will never get to go on the track cause I am not going to do that stuff to my car.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #41 (permalink)

CSP today was great! The most fun I've ever had and thanks to Warrtalon I was able to pick up on a few pointers and tips that helped throughout the day greatly. The track is nice, even in the rain it was still fun and truly tested your skill of driving. After today I feel like I know my car a lot more, limits to my car as well as myself.

Congrats Warrtalon for taking the win! The street tires hooked up well but as soon as you got the race tires on... Well... The rest is history! Warrtalon was able to take the corners really well and close gaps on people like it wasn't their business. Thanks for riding with me and helping me out. Next time I wanna ride passenger!

My fourth gear is really having trouble hooking up and I'm not sure if it's because I don't have much clutch left at all (I've seen it, and there's really not much left AT ALL), or if my fourth gear is just shot. Which doesn't make any sense seeing I have a built shep tranny. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Maybe a syncro perhaps? Well I'm excited to see everyone, hopefully even more people than today at Bandimere. I'll probably still run tomorrow unless I feel like it's a big enough issue to not race tomorrow. Evo's FTW!

-JTizzle
Old 06-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #42 (permalink)

It very well could be the clutch, because when my ACT starting going bad, I first felt it in the form of being unable to shift to 4th quickly without grinding or sometimes locking out completely. I thought my synchro was gone, but then the clutch started slipping. After the new clutch and fresh fluid, the shifting went back to perfect.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #43 (permalink)

Glad you had a good time. I told you it's addicting. Did you feel any red mist coming on?

You know, thanks for diagnosing my tranny problem. I started having 4th grinds and sometimes difficulty shifting into 5th. Glad to know its the clutch because I have an exedy twin on the shelf waiting for this clutch to die.

Great job today guys. See you all tmw!!

-E
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #44 (permalink)

Warr, why are you not racing?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEvo1121 View Post
Warr, why are you not racing?
Whatcha mean? I won the overall event today, and I'm running tomorrow at the drags, too. The dyno day on Saturday will be the 3rd and final event for the combined overall championship. I'm in the Expert class, so today's win has me sitting pretty for the overall win.

The next fastest car was a C6 Z06 in the intermediate class followed closely in 2nd and 3rd by two STIs. Overall, we were the top 4 - all Revolutions Performance cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement