Good place to get my car detailed - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Good place to get my car detailed

I tried to claybar/polish/wax my car and wasn't satisfied with the results. I still have a ton of little scratches and swirl marks everywhere. It doesn't help having a black car either!

I obviously don't have the patience/experience to do this right and would rather not f up my paint. So, can somebody recommend a shop or somebody to detail my car the right way(somebody in northern colorado would be great).

Thanks in advance,
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Springs or Denver?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_evo View Post
(somebody in northern colorado would be great)
^^^^^

Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coevopower View Post
Springs or Denver?

preferably fort collins area or denver. But if you know somebody in the springs, i might be willing to make the trip.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I used to work at "bear's car wash" at wadsworth and belleview in Lakewood, There was an older black guy who did all the swirl mark removal and wet sanding and he did my old 95' eclipse. It looked amazing, like I just got it painted and he said it would last for about a year. i'm not sure how much it would be but probably around 50-100 bucks.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

i know a guy, he can come to you also, pm me if your interested in his number.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Check out Ideal Detailing - Home
Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uterus View Post
Where's Daniel Kim located at?

-E
Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I'm about ready to splurge on something like that, so I might contact Daniel. It's been close to 4 years now without any attention.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think he is in the Denver area, but Im pretty sure he has done cars in the springs.
As soon as I get some spare cash I will have him go over my car.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

i need this too, is Daniel Kim a member here?
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Good thread! Someone should contact Daniel and work out a evotuners discount!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

hey guys its daniel
uterus aka josh msged me on crn about this thread thanks

each car is going to cost a little different but honestly it'll all be around the same unless you wash your car with a broom
but i'll def throw in a nice premium MF towel for each member and a how-to on how to wash your cars.

ill come back to talk more must jet to home.
just wanted to say hey
Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Please PM me a price for the full works on an 06 Evo. I may even throw in my wife's 06 Rav4 for a package deal...

Thanks-
E
Old 06-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

What I offer is a premium service for your car.

Unlike other "detailers", or if you can even call them that, I take step processes to ensure the best outcome possible. I use premium microfiber towels, 2 step bucket methods, best quality polishes (menzerna,prima) and your choice of wax.

Most people don't understand that there are processes to get rid of swirls and junk on your clear coat before you can really get the whole nine yards of the wax or awesome look you want your car to look like.
Most customers I detail have never claybarred their car nor put protection of synthetic wax to protect it from water etchings and such.

First, if you're just washing your car and waxing it, the wax will only look great for 1-2 days because you're layering the wax on top of contaminated clear coat.

Claybar will remove anything a car wash cannot get, like tree sap, tar, pollution, and other things that get clogged up on your clear coat.

Polish will remove the swirls / scratches / water etchings that are on your clear coat

Then a choice of your wax will protect & gloss your clear coat.

Synthetic wax is a popular choice by most Colorado people because it protects and beads the clear coat nicely. It will last around 2-3 months depending on your washes and the weather.
Carnuaba wax is a choice for people that want the best shine for the car show the next day or something to impress their next door neighbors.

Although I can't put everything on words of what other choices you have, i can definitely explain everything in person and answer most of your questions. I don't just like detailing a client's vehicle, I love to explain to them on how to maintain a swirl-free car. I treat every car I do like my own; I'm a car fanatic.

Here are some pictures of before & afters.

What I did for this customer is a 2 step process polish. I cut down the swirls with a hard pad (orange pad), then I had to reduce the haziness in the clearcoat with a softer pad(white) and a different polish for a much glossier finish. I then waxed the car with synthetic wax to protect it, because that's what the customer wanted.

Note: you can put synthetic wax to protect then always put carnuaba wax maybe a day after for a car show.

another thing is... the choice of your towels and the way you dry your cars is a HUGE thing for maintaining a swirl-free car. I offer premium Microfiber towels for drying and waxing that i took a long time to find the right manufacturers. The microfiber i chose are from korea/china the only places that have the machine to intertwine the weaves on a premium microfiber that even the fingers cannot feel (thats how soft it is)

for more pictures
Ideal Detailing - Home

thanks for reading my post, i posted this for the evo guys because they asked me to and i guess i thought it was a good idea if i posted the s2ks... ill be having Nates old car with before and afters soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement