I Finaly Did It! 12.6 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

I Finaly Did It! 12.6

Well As Some may know last year I went to the track and ran a 14.000 flat with a tune from a local shop. Well to night me and a friend went down and OWNED!!!!

I made a bunch of 12.65 Passes, with a mph of 108-110 and a 60" of 1.75 was my best and the rest we 1.87... I feel proud. and great... I owned a bunch of amarican muscle. and supprised everyone. I did a crap load of runs, before I took a stop I did like 15, then did like 3 more... it was a great experience

Tobz has done a wonderfull job tunning my car, and its AWSOME TOBZ RULZ!!! lol

Altho I did have something to ask everyone as I was doin passes. on 2 or 3 I was 2-stepping(set at 5800 or 6000) I would launch and it would shot the rpms up to 7800 in first second and 3rd gear, then all of a sudded fall down to 3500 and go like it was normal... it was weird it did it at the begging of my runs and in the middle and cost me 2 losses all night, lol.. which isnt bad.... but the clutch is fine, kinda. lol.

well I just need a little better launchs and I should be good, and a bov that is holding boost unlike the stock one that is on there right now

Well I did it guys! time to go even faster lol...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice man!! what all do you have done besides basics...

Cant wait to see you improve on that!!

TOBZ FTW
Old 07-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have intercooler pipes, intake, full exhaust, bc 272 cams, and tune... and I was only hitting 24-25 psi due to my bov not holding the boost that i was tunned at which made me sad.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coevopower View Post

Altho I did have something to ask everyone as I was doin passes. on 2 or 3 I was 2-stepping(set at 5800 or 6000) I would launch and it would shot the rpms up to 7800 in first second and 3rd gear, then all of a sudded fall down to 3500 and go like it was normal... it was weird it did it at the begging of my runs and in the middle and cost me 2 losses all night, lol.. which isnt bad.... but the clutch is fine, kinda. lol.
Congrats Elvis, sounds like your clutch may be slipping a little bit though.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have had a cltch slip on me before, and this isnt how it was... when it was slipping it would shoot up and stay up woudnt hook, and I dont think that if it was slipping it would go back to normal like that. cuz it was fine the rest of the night.. its weird.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Good job getting out there and giving it a shot. I hope you see that 11s are much more difficult than you thought. It's good to see you trap 110 and get some solid 12s. A few things you need to know:

- You were only seeing a peak of 24-25psi because you were never below 5000rpm, not because of your BOV. You _never_ see peak boost on the drag strip with a stock turbo, because we hit peak boost way back around 4000rpm and then taper hard from there. You aren't below 5000rpm ever, so you're seeing the boost where it has tapered 1000rpm after peak. I run about 27psi (30psi gauge) and don't see anywhere near that boost level on the drag strip

- I don't believe you were shooting to 7800 and dropping to 3500 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I think you have that confused. On the launch, if you spin the tires, then the rpms shoot up to or near the rev limiter, and then the tires hook and rpms fall back down but not back to 3500. This is commin in 1st at PMI where it's slippery out of the groove, but there's no way you did that in 2nd or 3rd. If your rpms every shot up in 2nd or 3rd, then it has to be the clutch, but then you wouldn't have been hitting any 12s if you were slipping in multiple gears.

How did the others run?

Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

War, thats the weird thing... it happened like it was stated, it would shot stay there till I cought it, and then finaly in 3rd it would go back to normal... happend only a few times. it was more like the gears never engaged but then all of a sudded it woukd come back, and I would shoot up the drag strip.

I know Im not hitting any where near the boost I was set at, but then again I know the stock bov sucks on my car and isnt holding right, there was a run where it just opened and my car went to crap, and I ran a 14.79. but over all it was a good day

also 11s are alot harder then I expected but I was trying man.. I just need to get the launches down more and I could maybe get some better times. but all in all I had a great time out there.

I dont know how they did, I came right when the gates opened and did all my runs before 9.. i was pretty much done. I saw them go in as I was leaving around 10ish. but i have no idea what they ran.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

It can only be clutch slip, and there's no way the rpms fell back to 3500rpm - that's what I'm saying. Those runs would have been completely ruined, too, if that's what happened.

It's not the stock BOV, man. You never hit peak boost at the drag strip. I have a Forge RS and see no higher boost than what you see, and I taper to 17psi at the top of 4th - it's just how the stock turbo works up here. The BOV can't just open randomly and cause a 14.79. That again would indicate the clutch slipping (BOV opens). Yeah, you may do a LITTLE better with a Forge RS (I have a spare for you if you want), but what you experienced was not indicative of the stock BOV crapping out.

Your 60's were fine. YOu won't get better at PMI unless you get to run in the groove, and you can't run in the groove without drag radials. I was only doing 1.75s and worse out of the groove, because there was just no way to hook. In the groove, I started doing 1.65-1.66.

I thought you said you went with friends. Who are you talking about that didn't come in until 10? Not sure why anyone would go in at 10, haha.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Elvis, post your best timeslip, or type out the timeslip.

Also, were you shifting to 5th? Where on the track were you when you did?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well I was out of the grove runing 2.0 60" and 173-1.85 in the grove cuz they told us everyone was running in the groves last night. so i was happy about that...

my friend with a awd spyder eclipse ran a 12.2 at 121mph idont know 60" tho.

I know rahu04 came there with his friend but it was like 10 or somehing when they came.

and it could be the clutch slipping im not saying its not, im saying its weird due to the fact that the rest of the 13 runs i did afterwards were fine, and those 3 were all messed up...

also what I am saying is when I ran that 14 the blow off valve was realsing and closing. like flutter half way down the track, it was random and only did it once.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Oh wow, you got lucky. They haven't allowed that all year, so maybe they finally listened and changed it.

Your buddy's Eclipse must be fast as hell, but he was having trouble driving it.

The clutch can get hot and cool down - slip and not slip. The flutter was from the clutch - that's what I"m telling you.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah his eclipse is fast as shit. I gave him crap all night cuz he was running 13.2 at like 115 then i told him they are letting us in thr grove and he ran aa 12.2 at 121 and i was like ####, but right when he crossed the line is upper intercooler cupler blew up.

and it could have been from the clutch. but either way, I am proud i got a 12.6 and this being my second time at the track.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Elvis, post your best timeslip, or type out the timeslip.

Also, were you shifting to 5th? Where on the track were you when you did?
here ya go warr.

R/T...................692
60"...................1.835
1/8...................8.151
MPH.................86.09
1/4..................12.624
MPH.................108.99

Thats my best one
Old 07-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

You are shifting to 5th then, right? That will hurt your trap every time, but you have to do it on the 6spd.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

No, I am stayin in 4th, I was shifting to 5th bur realized I was getting worse times, so I stayed in 4th it is like 7,200-7,300 rpms when I am crossing the line.
the few times I did shit there tho I just didnt run that good of a mph or a time. so I stayed it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement