JDM RS map, and current tune. - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
What do you have to do to get your map? How do you tap into your ECU and get a log? I'd like to see what my timings are and my A/F ratios. Thanx

Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
SD, read my sticky in the tuning forum.

You get AFRs from a wideband o2 that has a gauge - not from reading the ECU. It's something you have to buy and install. The only AFRs you can get from the ECU are narrowband o2s, which are not useful.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #18 (permalink)

A couple of things about Elvis' tune:

1) It is common knowledge that when tuning a timing map that the tuned timing map should be copied across all 3 high octane timing maps. His was NOT.

2) It is common knowledge that when tuning an EVO IX, the "tuner" should either create their own MIVEC map or at the bare minimum use the JDM RS MIVEC Map. His MIVEC map remained stock cell to cell.

3) It is common knowledge when "tuning" to not have to pay 300 bucks for a rom that is basically stock with the only thing changed was ONE timing map and a few cells in the AFR map. His tune sucked...

4) It is also common knowledge that ANY amount of changes to a stock car via mods should be checked religiously against a wideband and/or EvoScan/Mitsulogger for knock sums, AFR, etc before even attempting to go WOT for the first time, especially with a cam install. He did not have nor did he do either... I had my laptop the entire time while there and could have logged his tune via Evoscan for him.

Just a few observations. I have absolutely NOTHING against Elvis at all. I was very upfront with him regarding his tune and that he was ripped off for such a tune. I think he is in the process obtaining a new more knowledgeable tuner for his car. We shall see...
Offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
SD, read my sticky in the tuning forum.

You get AFRs from a wideband o2 that has a gauge - not from reading the ECU. It's something you have to buy and install. The only AFRs you can get from the ECU are narrowband o2s, which are not useful.
Okay I looked at your post on tuning. Nice Job.

As far as Wideband Sensors how are you guys setting these up. Do you route this back to your ECU somehow, or go with a stand alone unit like the AEM? And lastly, who will install this for me? I'm no welder, so I need some help.

Thanks,

- Steve

Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

AEM is a good one that is what I will get this summer. It has everything in the box to set it up. Software and all. Lucas can do the welding part or do it all for you pretty cheap to have him price it for you.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfontanini View Post
Okay I looked at your post on tuning. Nice Job.

As far as Wideband Sensors how are you guys setting these up. Do you route this back to your ECU somehow, or go with a stand alone unit like the AEM? And lastly, who will install this for me? I'm no welder, so I need some help.

Thanks,

- Steve
Steve-

I HIGHLY recommend you spend a few hours reading this thread. Grab a beer, a comfortable seat and have at it. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about the inner workings of your Evo's ECU.

How To Tune an Evo - evolutionm.net

Cheers-
Erich
Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Thanks Erich, I'm at work so I'll skip the beer, but I'll start studying asap.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked E View Post
Steve-

I HIGHLY recommend you spend a few hours reading this thread. Grab a beer, a comfortable seat and have at it. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about the inner workings of your Evo's ECU.

How To Tune an Evo - evolutionm.net

Cheers-
Erich
+1 to anybody who wants to learn art tuning themselves. The thread is very well written and very informative. A bit confusing on your first couple reads, but you'll figure it out with time and patience as the writer says.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah, well My who every tunes me next better be good or ima shove my shoe up his ass, cuz i obivusly got ripped a new one. and yeah, I do not know what I am doing, just from what I have read. MY BAD. so yeah Whicked E helped me. So yeah, when i get tunned it beter be good. and my ecu is VERY close to stock, and to reply to the above I am not all stock as my mods say. But I do need a upgraded valve train tho.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

OHHh and P.S I want to learn how to tune as well. so this is another reason I did it, not cuz I have no knoladge or anything but cuz it is my car, and if it blows up, it is mine. if I blow it up, i know how and what, I rather learn on my ecu rather then someone else.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

can someone call me in regards to tune.

719-433-3291... having some issues. please call... tobz or any tuner who knows what he is doing.

Last edited by Warrtalon; 03-04-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Tuner does not have 2 Ns, dammit!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Elvis-

What issues are you having??

-E
Old 03-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a PM to JustDSM, I'm sure he has a flash that'll work just fine for what you have installed until you can get a proper custom tune.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuddah View Post
you have a few options, either Lucas from CARZ, tobz, or a mail in flash from buschur, AMS, Vishnu, or mellon. There are other places too if you'd like to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement