Thanks to TOBZ Performance Tuning - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Yeah, not cool. Didn't think you were a nutswinging douche like the others. This site is more than RMEVO, and the threads you see praising Tobz are only in the RM section. What you see here pales in comparison to ColoradoEvo, so I don't know why you felt the need to pipe up.
I went back and edited my last post to add the spinning happy face so you would know I was only joking like my first post.

The comment was just because there have been a lot of post about Tobz and the cars he has tuned. It appears that most of RM area is all tuned by him, which is great, so I thought it would be funny to call it Tobzevos. I would take it as a compliment.

Sorry you took me in that manner. My absolute last intentions were to be a douche.

I'm envious that you guys have two great tuners in your area.

I thought Coevopower's post was funny, although I'm not sure if he ment it to be with the "?' or not, but it was funny.

Dennis
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
You're just not aware of the hatred between camps at this time, and with you being tuned by Justin, the comments got immediately filed into the antagonist bin. It's also why I was surprised.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
I went back and edited my last post to add the spinning happy face so you would know I was only joking like my first post.

The comment was just because there have been a lot of post about Tobz and the cars he has tuned. It appears that most of RM area is all tuned by him, which is great, so I thought it would be funny to call it Tobzevos. I would take it as a compliment.

Sorry you took me in that manner. My absolute last intentions were to be a douche.

I'm envious that you guys have two great tuners in your area.

I thought Coevopower's post was funny, although I'm not sure if he ment it to be with the "?' or not, but it was funny.
Yes Someone thought I had a funny post!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
We have them just about every week at the local drag strip with the fastest stock turbo cars around laying down times unmatched by anyone else. We don't usually see any other Evos running, and the few who do are usually terrible. If you think this is bad, then you must not have seen the love affair over on ColoradoEvo. Our praise of Tobz pales in comparison, and at least we have real-world results to back it up.
My runs weren't that bad. I do believe it puts me at #3 in the state for stock turbo and #1 for stock clutch, not that I'm one for bragging. I will be out there a lot more as soon as I replace my clutch. Money has been tough since Ive taken custody of my 13yo brother. That boy eats a lot of food!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yes, Josh, I wish more were like you. You did great and will likely do even better as time goes on. Remember that I said "most" and not all. You're actually 4th as far as I know, because another Tobz customer went quicker with less mph a few weeks ago (12.2x and 109) in an MR - stock clutch as well.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, Josh, I wish more were like you. You did great and will likely do even better as time goes on. Remember that I said "most" and not all. You're actually 4th as far as I know, because another Tobz customer went quicker with less mph a few weeks ago (12.2x and 109) in an MR - stock clutch as well.

Mine was [email protected], I dont really count the mph since Bandimeres mph timing was kind of kooky at the time (as you were well aware of). Not that it really pertains to this thread though.
Im just glad there are a bunch of fast evos now and there is a strong competition with the stock turbo guys. Although, I would like to see/read about more evos going to the track so I can see where I truly stand. It will be fun to see how quick we get in the fall with cooler temps, I just hope we will still get real E85 then and not E70 or what ever they switch too.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

yeah, I'm going to hit the track several times as soon as it cools down, because if we wait too long, we might be dealing with E-70, and I'm not sure if we'll be as fast.

Yes, the traps finally got fixed. Just a few weeks ago, I hit 11.748 @ 115.00 on my only run. Excellent ET for the trap, but it was much lower than the inflated ones from the previous trips when I was doing regular 119+. I think I was down 1mph on that run from most of my 11.6s, since the driving was identical, so you can basically remove 3mph from what you saw, which makes much more sense for your ET and 60'.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

First of all, You talk way too much shit Warr! And when someone has a response to your BS you either edit the post or delete all together!!!

Tobz is a nice guy from what I know of him, but that does not make him a great tuner!!! I have first had experience with tuners, including your best friends at RP and I will tell you that they pale in comparison to the shop and tuners I use!!!

If in the past you guys (Justin) agreed that the true determination of how fast a car is, is running it at the track, I ask why did you put up your dyno numbers the minute you thought it actually made any power!!! And you even have it as part of your sig!!! You are so full of shit! I will give you that you can drive and car and I even tried to make nice with you at the track after all that shit you talked to me on this forum. And when my non driving ass pulled out shitty times like the 12.8 you were more than willing to lend a hand. But after I made my last run and made it at 116mph with you only running 108mph you changed your tune!!! You saw that my car would kick your ass at any given point!!! All I needed was someone that can drive my car!!!

I'm sick and tired of all the crap you idiots talk!!! I ran 12.6 in a 9 with cams and e85 tune ++ other parts and a Tobz tune!!! That is pathetic!!! Tobz told me that my car makes 350 awhp with his tune and an ebay fmic, exhaust, and an e85 tune!! Are you ####ing serious????!!! and the biggest of them all..... Wartalon, and all the crap you talk, you like the other guys are cheap and think you guys have a right to talk because your car feels a little better than it did before!!!

I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO A HEADS UP DYNO RUN AND STREET OR TRACK RUN THAT HAS BEEN TUNED BY TOBZ!!!!!! I WILL HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE MY CAR AT THE TRACK BECAUSE I WILL CONCEDE THAT I AM NOT THE BEST DRIVER! ELVIS, HENRY, CLAYTON??? OR ANY OF THESE OTHERS THAT THINK YOU CAR IS BETTER OFF WITH ONE TUNER THAN THE OTHER?? I AM ON A STOCK TURBO JUST LIKE YOU!!!

This shit you started, Clay and putting someone in the middle thats not even here to defend himself is a cowardly thing for a litte [email protected]#y to do!! I can gather the Carz and JustDSM cars and we can settle this once and for all!!! We make more power, our cars are faster, and best of all..... We AREN'T YOU!!!!!!

Chuck (The guy with the car that is actually FAST!!!!) TUNED BY CARZ AND JUSTDSM!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
Quote:
You're just not aware of the hatred between camps at this time, and with you being tuned by Justin, the comments got immediately filed into the antagonist bin. It's also why I was surprised.
No, I wasn't aware of the animosity between the local crowd. I thought it was more towards a guy from the east coast.

Either way, I will always remain neutral. I don't see much benifit or being negative. I'm on here to learn and have a lil fun. I like to promote people that are helpful and that I feel do good work, I just won't bash anyone at the same time.

Dennis
Old 08-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

Now Y did I get brought into this?

But I will race no matter what I am in.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

i don't understand, why can't it just be a fun day at the track instead of a grudge match? If a guy runs "terrible" to you clay why do you even mention it? We are not professional race car drivers, it shouldn't be a contest every wednesday. Stop bragging about your stock turbo set-up, just get out there and run your car and leave it at that. Tobz is very professional and never runs his mouth, but you do. Never post a reply saying that other evos are running terrible, most guys actually have busy schedules and don't get out as much as you, and that's fine it's all in good fun. Celebrate the evo by taking it to the track and post your time once or twice but don't put people down because they aren't running as fast as you on stock turbos.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
i don't understand, why can't it just be a fun day at the track instead of a grudge match? If a guy runs "terrible" to you clay why do you even mention it? We are not professional race car drivers, it shouldn't be a contest every wednesday. Stop bragging about your stock turbo set-up, just get out there and run your car and leave it at that. Tobz is very professional and never runs his mouth, but you do. Never post a reply saying that other evos are running terrible, most guys actually have busy schedules and don't get out as much as you, and that's fine it's all in good fun. Celebrate the evo by taking it to the track and post your time once or twice but don't put people down because they aren't running as fast as you on stock turbos.
Um, I only say anything in RESPONSE to others. People ARE running terribly at the track. Are you there? Do you see them? No, you aren't, and you don't. I'm not talking about people tuned by Justin or anyone in particular. I'm just saying that most Evos I see at Bandimere or PMI run terribly except for the Tobz-tuned ones. There just happens to be way more Evos running and running well that are tuned by Tobz when I go to the track. It's a direct observation - not an opinion and not a shot towards anyone else in particular. Some of those people are tuned by eflash tuners elsewhere in the country. Some not tuned at all. Some tuned by Street Concepts or other non-Evo experts.

Why don't you go tell BRP, the person who REALLY runs his mouth, these things instead of me. I don't see you saying a damn thing to him, and he's never even taken his car to the track. You sure don't mind all that bragging. I've been to the track and proven myself - what else is there?

Old 08-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

Chuck, are you serious? I don't even know where to begin. Let's see how many ways you are so wrong that it's embarrassing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_guy22 View Post
First of all, You talk way too much shit Warr!
Who did I talk shit to that didn't instigate something with me first?

Quote:
And when someone has a response to your BS you either edit the post or delete all together!!!
Whose post have I edited or deleted when "responding to my BS"? At most, I fix people's spelling, grammar, and other punctuation problems.

Quote:
Tobz is a nice guy from what I know of him, but that does not make him a great tuner!!! I have first had experience with tuners, including your best friends at RP and I will tell you that they pale in comparison to the shop and tuners I use!!!
I never said RP was good at tuning Evos. I don't even use them to tune my own Evo, so why are you bringing them into this. As for Tobz and other tuners, you've run your fastest to date when Tobz tuned you, so what's the problem?

Pale in comparison? What metrics do you have to prove that? Your track results say otherwise.

Quote:
If in the past you guys (Justin) agreed that the true determination of how fast a car is, is running it at the track, I ask why did you put up your dyno numbers the minute you thought it actually made any power!!! And you even have it as part of your sig!!! You are so full of shit!
Chuck, seriously, what the hell are you talking about? Do you STILL not understand the differences in how dynos read and what the term "correction factor" means? Do you still think that your fully-corrected numbers (1.25 CF) are better than my HALF-CORRECTED numbers (1.13 CF)? It's just simple math, man. Divide your numbers by 1.25 and divide mine by 1.13. What do you get? My raw numbers were 325/342 uncorrected. If you multiply that times the full CF for that day (1.26), then it would have been 410whp/431wtq, but I don't post inflated, meaningless numbers. I put my dyno numbers in my sig AFTER I RAN AN 11.6 at Bandimere, because I dyno'd the day after hitting my first 11.6. What it PROVES is that dyno numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt and must be understood in CONTEXT. You are a perfect example as to why this is so important.

Quote:
I will give you that you can drive and car and I even tried to make nice with you at the track after all that shit you talked to me on this forum.
Chuck, is your memory really that poor? I first of all NEVER talked shit to you. I was TRYING TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND DYNO NUMBERS. You still to this day do not have a clue apparently, because you actually THINK your car is making as much power as mine. I thought I had proven that my car is way faster than most, but you think it's just DRIVING??? You gotta be kidding me. Driving can get the most out of a given setup, but it can't CREATE horsepower.

Quote:
And when my non driving ass pulled out shitty times like the 12.8 you were more than willing to lend a hand.
Again, what are you talking about? Do you mean a 13.8??? You were running high 13s with 2.3 60's!!! I was helping you just like I have always tried to help you. I had no idea you thought you were "making nice" with me or that you thought I talked shit to you on the forum. I help people all the time and especially you since I knew you and liked you in the past. Little did I know I was trying to help some misinformed chump. You never ran a freakin' 12.8 that night, dude! Your BEST RUN was a 13.2 @ 112. I kept trying to get you to launch right, but you were afraid to do it. Remember how we kept talking about it? You were trying to launch it like it was your old V8 Mustang from 3k rpm. Even after I told you what to do, you were still hitting 2.0s and admitted you weren't willing to risk a full launch off the 2 step. Your best was 13.2 @ 112, and I was still trying to help you. There was no 12.8 that night. If you have a timeslip showing a 12.8 from that date, I'd love to see it.

Quote:
But after I made my last run and made it at 116mph with you only running 108mph you changed your tune!!! You saw that my car would kick your ass at any given point!!! All I needed was someone that can drive my car!!!
...and there sure as hell was no 116 (from you) nor a 108 (from me). The next day, you posted that you hit 114, but none of us saw that, and we sure as hell never saw a 116. Please post your timeslips showing the 12.8 and the 116. How did your mph keep going up after the fact when you only hit a 112 while any of us were watching? I was there until 11pm, but you left early. I was running consistent 12.1s and 12.2s with terrible traction out of the groove, so my driving wasn't even great either, and I hadn't yet been custom tuned by Tobz. He had done a few back-and-forth email flashes while I was in San Diego at sea level. It wasn't until a few weeks later that he got a chance to truly custom tune my car, and look what happened. I went even FASTER, picked up about 4mph, and have gotten down to 11.51 at PMI. When did you get this delusion that your car would kick my car's ass, and when did you get the delusion that _I_ thought yours would kick my ass? That's simply crazy talk - near insanity. I could drive your car and not beat myself - it's just not as fast, man.

Quote:
I'm sick and tired of all the crap you idiots talk!!! I ran 12.6 in a 9 with cams and e85 tune ++ other parts and a Tobz tune!!! That is pathetic!!! Tobz told me that my car makes 350 awhp with his tune and an ebay fmic, exhaust, and an e85 tune!! Are you ####ing serious????!!! and the biggest of them all..... Wartalon, and all the crap you talk, you like the other guys are cheap and think you guys have a right to talk because your car feels a little better than it did before!!!
Again, what are you talking about? How am I or anyone else an idiot? You ran a 12.6? Ok, when and where? Show me the timeslip, so I can analyze it. I never saw you mention it anywhere, so please show us the timeslip. What's wrong with 12.6? How is that pathetic? You have spent this entire post saying you can't drive and that with a driver, you could beat me. Why is it suddenly pathetic when you hit your best time ever with a Tobz tune? How does that work? So what if he told you it makes 350whp? Why would you think that's not true? Look at me - I make around 335whp uncorrected. Imagine if you made 350whp uncorrected on the same dyno - you'd be faster. Why is it you think the fully-corrected numbers ta Carz are the standard? They aren't. They are only the standard for those of you who don't have enough sense to understand the differences in dynos, dyno readings, and correction factors. 350 in a vaccuum means NOTHING. It has to have context, so why are you freaking out that Tobz said 350? Who f'n cares? You are still so wound up about your Carz dyno numbers when they mean jack shlt in the real world. I'm cheap? What? I think I have a right to talk because my car feels a little faster? What the #### are you talking about? I HAVE A RIGHT TO TALK BECAUSE I HAVE THE FASTEST GODDAMN STOCK TURBO'D CAR WITHIN 1000 MILES, AND I HAVE THE TIMESLIP TO PROVE IT!!!! @hat else is there??? Is BRP the champion just because he has a higher inflated dyno number that has never been proven on track? Wow, great logic!!

Quote:
I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO A HEADS UP DYNO RUN AND STREET OR TRACK RUN THAT HAS BEEN TUNED BY TOBZ!!!!!! I WILL HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE MY CAR AT THE TRACK BECAUSE I WILL CONCEDE THAT I AM NOT THE BEST DRIVER! ELVIS, HENRY, CLAYTON??? OR ANY OF THESE OTHERS THAT THINK YOU CAR IS BETTER OFF WITH ONE TUNER THAN THE OTHER?? I AM ON A STOCK TURBO JUST LIKE YOU!!!
Is this a joke? Do you really think you could just put another driver in your car, and that person is going to hit 11.4s?????????????/ Are you frickin serious, Chuck? Do you REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ####ING FAST AN 11.5 IS AT THIS ALTITUDE ON THE STOCK TURBO??? I mean really. This whole time, you really just thought your car was just as fast and needed a driver? I am in utter awe. This is _exactly_ what I've been trying to avoid, but here it is happening right in front of me. The huge numbers at Carz have actually brainwashed people into thinking those numbers mean something. People must really think their cars can go 11.5s just like mine with no problem. Wow, I have completely failed in my attempts at educating the local community. It is a truly sad thing to see. You just let me know when you want to meet at PMI in a few weeks, and we'll do it. Pick any driver, and you might want a 50-shot of nitrous to help out...

Quote:
This shit you started, Clay and putting someone in the middle thats not even here to defend himself is a cowardly thing for a litte [email protected]#y to do!! I can gather the Carz and JustDSM cars and we can settle this once and for all!!! We make more power, our cars are faster, and best of all..... We AREN'T YOU!!!!!! Chuck (The guy with the car that is actually FAST!!!!) TUNED BY CARZ AND JUSTDSM!!!!!!!
Who did I put in the middle who is not here to defend himself? Who????? Are you talking about Justin??? Justin is NOT in the middle of jack shit. Justin can tune, but he seems to have a lot of douchebag customers who won't go to the track but love to brag about dyno numbers. From my experience, that is NOT how Justin is, so I'm surprised so many of his customers are. Guess what, Chuck? YOU are not like that either. You can't drive, but you at least have gotten out there to try. I also wasn't even talking about you when referring to people who run terribly. I am talking about cars running mid 13s and low 14s at 99-100mph. At PMI, you were hitting good traps, and I knew by the timeslip you just weren't launching it. I never made fun or talked shit about you or your tune, because I know the car is fast. However, it's not NEARLY as fast as you think it is...sorry to say.

How are you going to gather those cars? They've had TONS OF OPPORTUNITIES to get to the track and prove something, but it hasn't happened. Only _one_ person has gone out and done anything, and that's Josh (Uterus!). He's been that way well before even getting his Evo, though, so he's not a reflection on the rest of the gang. You think your make more power and your cars are faster? In which universe? In your own little universe that is governed by the Carz dyno? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Quote:
Chuck (The guy with the car that is actually FAST!!!!) TUNED BY CARZ AND JUSTDSM!!!!!!!
Chuck, that was the dumbest thing you said in this whole post...

PS. I'm about 15whp higher now than when I dyno'd...do the math.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Um, I only say anything in RESPONSE to others. People ARE running terribly at the track. Are you there? Do you see them? No, you aren't, and you don't. I'm not talking about people tuned by Justin or anyone in particular. I'm just saying that most Evos I see at Bandimere or PMI run terribly except for the Tobz-tuned ones. There just happens to be way more Evos running and running well that are tuned by Tobz when I go to the track. It's a direct observation - not an opinion and not a shot towards anyone else in particular. Some of those people are tuned by eflash tuners elsewhere in the country. Some not tuned at all. Some tuned by Street Concepts or other non-Evo experts.

Why don't you go tell BRP, the person who REALLY runs his mouth, these things instead of me. I don't see you saying a damn thing to him, and he's never even taken his car to the track. You sure don't mind all that bragging. I've been to the track and proven myself - what else is there?
It's not about how good people run, it's the fact that they are out there having fun... that's it. Keep you opinions to yourself if they are negative, as far as i know there are 3 great tuners in CO, that consist of Tobz which has proven himself time and time again, Lucas who makes hp monsters including his 10 sec evo, and Justin who tunes BRP who's car is unreal. All i'm saying is quit with the negative comments it's not wanted here, we can all help each other if people are willing and constructive criticism is always a plus but you push your opinions too hard and put down others in the process.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
It's not about how good people run, it's the fact that they are out there having fun... that's it. Keep you opinions to yourself if they are negative, as far as i know there are 3 great tuners in CO, that consist of Tobz which has proven himself time and time again, Lucas who makes hp monsters including his 10 sec evo, and Justin who tunes BRP who's car is unreal. All i'm saying is quit with the negative comments it's not wanted here, we can all help each other if people are willing and constructive criticism is always a plus but you push your opinions too hard and put down others in the process.

I won't let you get away with this crap, sorry. Now, suddenly people only care about "having fun" and not about how their car performs? Are you serious dude? You either are extremely naive, or you just know that no one can touch my times (even those of you with Greens), so you play the cumbaya card on me. No way, man, that isn't going to fly.

Do you think people have fun when someone with the same mods as them is running a full second quicker? No.

Do you think people have fun when they dyno this huge number and then get smoked by someone with a much lower number (on a different dyno)? No.

Do you think people on good ole CEvoC don't continually talk shit with no drag numbers to back up their dyno numbers? Wrong again.

How do you know BRP's car is "unreal"? The only thing "unreal" about it is his claim of it being the "best." He has a $3k clutch in it, but can't run it because it's slipping? I had the same clutch, and it didn't slip ONCE when racing. yet he's never raced. Now, he's moving to a Green before racing his IX and probably still won't race the Green. I wouldn't either if I were him after all the shit he has talked and still continues to talk. If you pretend not to know what I'm talking about, I'll be glad to quote a few recent comments for you.

What do you mean the negative comments aren't wanted here? All my comments are EXTREMELY positive until the peanut gallery jumps sites and starts shit. You must have no clue what you're talking about...just a blind, nutswinging follower - one of many sheeple around here.

Quote:
Lucas who makes hp monsters including his 10 sec evo
Does that impress you? Claimed 810whp on a GT37 with nitrous and running 10.7, yet I run 11.5 with 335whp. When we both competed in the same event this year, he ran a best of 11.0 with mostly 11.2-11.4 while I ran 11.6s. HP monsters? I'm amazed at how many of you are so easily fooled by inflated dyno numbers. Mark's car is the only one that impresses me, but that's still a crapload of money, and a huge turbo + nitrous to do what others have done with stock-framed turbos and no nitrous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement