Tobz Performance Tuning - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Big compliment from Harvey (BoostCreep) who is a well-known Subie tuner in the area. He saw the chart and of course saw it run at the track and said this:

Quote:
That car is a monster. I knew the EVO9 turbo was better than the 8, but WOW!

If you don't mind me asking, who is doing the mapping now? That looks dynoish.
He's right - the curves look so good you'd think the tuning was done on a dyno...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #17 (permalink)

Not taking anything away from your time , but you do know that Marcus ran a 11.9 on a stock clutch,,stock E8 turbo, Jun 264's, TBE, and an AFC for tuning on pump gas right? He regularly ran mid-12's and mid to low 11's on nitrous.
Also why wouldnt the curve look good? Your simply flashing a stock ecu that with any sort of logging will give you a decent air/fuel curve, and the power curve is determined by the VE- so Im just curious why the curve wouldnt look good?

EDIT: Removed pending me being proved wrong

Last edited by DWalker; 06-08-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

enough of the public beef, make those comments to him through pm, not here. Keep it clean.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalker View Post
Not taking anything away from your time , but you do know that Marcus ran a 11.9 on a stock clutch,,stock E8 turbo, Jun 264's, TBE, and an AFC for tuning on pump gas right? He regularly ran mid-12's and mid to low 11's on nitrous.
Also why wouldnt the curve look good? Your simply flashing a stock ecu that with any sort of logging will give you a decent air/fuel curve, and the power curve is determined by the VE- so Im just curious why the curve wouldnt look good?

Dont think I am being an ass- your history around here is such that I for one dont believe a word you say and I just dont think you are a good person to be posting these claims- You backed Al at Dynoflash like none other, and we all know he was and is full of shit. You backed Revolutions and your transmission nearly fell out! I guess what I am saying is you will say anything for anyone who gives you something for free, your a sellout and no one special to be saying anything about whats good or bad.
I've done a pretty good job of keeping my mouth shut through all the Evo v.s. Evo BS but come on! Nothing in your second paragraph has anything to do with this thread and does nothing but try to spark more negativity, "don't think I am being an ass" well you are, there's a feature called PM (which I probably should be using) for personal matters like how you feel about someone. I don't even know Warr so it's not that I'm defending him, I'm just sick of seeing EVERYTHING he says get blown way WAY out of porportion.

Back to the topic, AWESOME job tuning Tobz and AWESOME driving Warr! like you said before the numbers speak for themselves and until I post up that 11.83 (which I don't have) ticket I'll be taking notes...LOL!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

Um, I don't know what all that is about, Don. Marcus did not do that on pump gas - he did it on 110 according to what he said on Friday in person. However, no one else in the area has managed to come close to any of his times with mods like that or even more mods, so how he was able to do it with such lower power, I do not know. Great for him, but that is obviously not the norm.

Uh, Harvey was the one who made the positive comments about the curve. As you can see, the previous curve wasn't as smooth, which was also a flash. Brian did a great job of tuning it on the street. Plenty of flash tunes aren't as smooth, so I don't know what you're talking about.

When did my transmission nearly fall out? I wasn't aware of that. Are you now attacking Revolutions?? Wtf?

I still back Dynoflash, but with the advent of EcuFlash, it made no sense to have him fly out here to tune. He is not full of shit. YOu may not like him, but he made my Evo and many other Evos very fast.

How am I a sellout when I'm just giving Tobz props? We have been friends since I moved here, and he wasn't even a business when I reached out to him for E85 help. Now that he is doing it for work, I referred to him as his business name. If you think the results are ho-hum, then where are all the other Evos putting down the same results?

I am amazed at your harsh comments when I have done nothing to you and am simply showing my results.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I've done a pretty good job of keeping my mouth shut through all the Evo v.s. Evo BS but come on! Nothing in your second paragraph has anything to do with this thread and does nothing but try to spark more negativity, "don't think I am being an ass" well you are, there's a feature called PM (which I probably should be using) for personal matters like how you feel about someone. I don't even know Warr so it's not that I'm defending him, I'm just sick of seeing EVERYTHING he says get blown way WAY out of porportion.

Back to the topic, AWESOME job tuning Tobz and AWESOME driving Warr! like you said before the numbers speak for themselves and until I post up that 11.83 (which I don't have) ticket I'll be taking notes...LOL!
I agree with Vinny

knew this thread was going to head south, and quickly. it can be done within hours now!! talk about being productive!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

I stand corrected on Marcus being on 110.

Removed by me pending me being proved wrong
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #23 (permalink)

Each and every shop? I contacted two - the first was Carz, because it was the only one I knew of that was trying to focus on Evos. That didn't work out, so then a guy in the Springs mentioned RP. I contacted Adam and gave my spiehl, which worked out. Since then, they have been an invaluable resource for me. I don't go around touting RP and throwing it in everyone's face, but I do let people know where I get my work done and what they offer. I have also recommended Carz many times to people who are up North, because it doesn't make sense for everyone to come way down here. I guess that makes me a bad guy somehow? I did not contact Mac or anyone else, so you've exaggerated it from 2 shops to "each and every shop." Nice.

You are completely wrong on everything you've said. I have dropped sponsors who did not live up to my expectations, and I have been brutally honest about parts from sponsors that I simply did not think cut the mustard, such as the Forge direct replacement DV before they finally made a design change. I also have recommended plenty of shops/parts for which I have no ties or sponsorships, such as Carz, Jacks Transmissions, you (believe it or not), Harvey, BoostBuddy, GSC/Cossie cams, etc. It appears you know nothing about me, Don, and have jumped to your own conclusions. I had been mentioning your name to Evo guys I had met at races over the last month as a local tuning alternative, especially for more advanced systems, but I see that was not a good idea, for you are still just as nasty and disgusting as you used to be and everyone knew you to be. I had thought you had grown up some and were more mature based on your recent interactions here, but I was wrong. I will not recommend anyone to go to someone who acts like that...

Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

You know what- I am going to take this to PM's because I need to verify something- check your inbox in a moment.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #25 (permalink)

Hey Clayton you suck.....hahaha just kidding Great job......and great shifting....I don't want to even imagine what you will get if you got a 1.68 and some traction

Tobz great job tuning.....as usual. If I had a 9 turbo....and headstuds....I hope I would get an 11 too.!!

Keep up the good work guys.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #26 (permalink)

Stock head bolts here, just FYI.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
Hey Clayton you suck.....hahaha just kidding Great job......and great shifting....I don't want to even imagine what you will get if you got a 1.68 and some traction

Tobz great job tuning.....as usual. If I had a 9 turbo....and headstuds....I hope I would get an 11 too.!!

Keep up the good work guys.
No chance to get in the 11's smokey.... you're an Avs fan!

And Warr... I've heard this discussion before about the stock headstuds, correct me if i'm wrong but you said there is no proof that the stockers fail even with bigger then stock hp, but imo it's taking a risk.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #28 (permalink)

Sure, it's ok if people want to do it. I even have a set in my garage for when I planned to do it, but then the evidence became more well-known (mainly through EvoM), so I never followed through with it.

I will only change them now when the whole head comes off for engine/head work whenever that occurs.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Nice numbers...and times.

What boost level did you get tuned at? Your profile says 26, but I thought I remembered that you ran somewhere around 28-29psi.

Matt
Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

I was hoping the dyno yesterday would give me a definitive answer, but it was only reading 17psi for some reason, and we all know I'm nowhere near 17psi.

My gauge reads around 27-28psi, but it's hard to get an exact number with those small tick marks and not wanting to look at the gauge when at full boost in high gear. Previously, my gauge would spike to 30psi when running 26psi per the MAP sensor. Now, it only spikes to 27-28, so you tell me what you think it is. I say it's 26-27psi just based off the the fact I know my gauge reads higher than actual boost.

On the road course in 5th, it only spiked to 27psi on the gauge, and that's the most load I can give it. However, I had turned down the boost a half turn on the Forge UNOS, so it was a little lower.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement