Tobz Performance Tuning - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #31 (permalink)

Very impressive. Those are some good numbers on that dyno with those boost levels. When I get my Cosworth cams installed in August, I plan on running around 26-27psi. I also don't plan on upgrading my head studs. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have been running these levels for over 3 years now, right?

Matt
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #32 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Since November of 2005 and with TONS of racing, including lots of road course stuff where I'm in 4th and 5th at full boost for long periods of time.

You can see that after all that, my motor is still pretty strong.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #33 (permalink)

Clay, Nice numbers. are those head studs still sitting in the garage by any chance?

Tobz U are the man... I wanna put mine on the dyno to see what I will make. I should be close to where clay is. or I am hopping I am close to where he is... maybe a bit more since I am a IX?

Well none the less Great number!!! Keep up the good work Tobz

Old 06-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #34 (permalink)

Still have the head studs, but I want to hang on to them.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

Ahh okay sounds good.... I was just curious.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #36 (permalink)

I was running 12 flat at sea level on 93 pump and was rated at 393hp on a Mustang Dyno that has been consistently lower than most others. I would think that running anything less than 12.000 would lend to reason that you are running a bit more than 400hp considering you need the extra ponies to overcome the altitude difference.

And before anyone beats the dead horse some more I am well aware of the pointlessness of comparing dynos.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #37 (permalink)

This gives me a chance to explain this stuff even further.

1) As you know, what you dyno does not correlate to what your ET is - that's all driving really. The dyno figure only relates directly to trap speed. What you do with that trap speed depends on driving, car weight, conditions at the time of racing, track conditions, and tires.

2) 393whp on a normal, low-reading MD would be good for nearly 125mph traps, which is good for low 11s. When I ran my 12.000 at sea level, that was with 330whp on a Dynojet uncorrected.

3) Up here, with a trap of 118+, that is likely around 390...maybe close to 400whp uncorrected on a Dynojet. So, if I went to MAC, I might see those numbers uncorrected. Since DDs read much lower than Dynojets, I only have 325whp uncorrected with only ~370 if you normalize for altitude.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #38 (permalink)

I am aware of that, and my 12.009 was run at 117...on pump gas and 23 psi. This was with the same tune that dynoed at 393 hp (corrected for temp/humidity/air density). I was mearly making a correlation that you might be putting down more power than your particular dyno is leading you to believe.

I don't agree with your info about 390+ hp is equal to 125mph traps. I wasn't trapping 121 until I cranked up the boost to 28 on 114 octane. I was holding high 121mph traps no matter how good or bad the launch was.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #39 (permalink)

I was referring to a typical low-reading MD with uncorrected numbers like at Buschur. You put down 393 there, and you're well over 120mph traps. Maybe not at other MDs - not all read low or as low as others. In the end, the actual number doesn't even matter, which I think we agree on. 117mph traps are typically 380whp uncorrected on a Dynojet.

The point of my 400whp comment in the first post was that "400whp" really doesn't mean anything anyway. I'm actually putting 324whp to the rollers at RP. What I would put down to the rollers elsewhere is unknown but doesn't really matter. That's why it's important to get to the track and get trap speeds.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #40 (permalink)

Just to clarify the 120 traps were with race gas...the 393hp was on pump in which I ran 117's.

But I agree with what you've said.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #41 (permalink)

...aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd back to the subject, "Tobz performance tuning".
I had a good experience with Tobz, my MAF was ALL F'd up, he was going to sell me a used one untill he opened it up and discovered that I had (2) prongs that had been broken, re-soldered them and saved me $300. So, with $300 in my hand and a fixed MAF, he's like, "wanna tune it?", and I'm like, "Shaaaaw!" My fuel map was UGLY, cleaned that up, fuel pump couldn't handle it, busted me a Walbro, no problem. Tobz basically dropped everything that he was supposed to get done (you know, the ol' Day Job) to get my car runnin' right again, dialed in, and make me happy. Not only does my car feel a TON BETTER, It's faster, smoother, and sounds better. Tobz totally went out of his way for me (and my car, of course. For the love of the Evo, I'm sure), I'm very impressed and very happy, and will be returning to him again soon. BIG IT UP TO TOBZ!!!!

Last edited by TRPLSTK; 06-22-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #42 (permalink)

That's just how he works. He finally got some time to work on the small details of my car last night (not just the tune, but that was done, too), and it resulted in absolute smashing times today at the track. It's running so well that even he was surprised.

The other local stock turbo monsters keep falling further behind as the bar keeps getting raised. I'm not done yet either...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement