Tuning - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'll extend my "Old Spice Challenge" even further just for Clayton.

If he can better BRP's numbers I'll pay Clayton and Tobz $100 each.

BOOYA!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
brp

$100 a piece on top of the free dyno time, wow. cant pass up clay!
its not just a dyno sheet now.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Joshsevo

Thanks for the heads up.
I will definitely be out for the Evo vs. Sti shootout.

I'll just check back for the meet later in June, I would like to meet up. I had an '04 RS for about two years and had to get rid of it due to family. I never really got to get together with the clubs and meets, so this time I am going to make time.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
brp

denverEvo, there should be a box on the top right hand corner of your screen, which should read
welcome DenverEvo
last visit____
private messages

click on there and you should see my private message to you (PM)
if not, well we are planing a dyno tune day for the month of september and Justin will be tuning all the cars there at Carz on the dyno. let me know if you are interested in this and i will send you more info

link
Colorado Evolution Club
Old 05-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
brp

hey clay, why is there people from autoforums now viewing threads that they should not have access to and also now checking out our dyno thread? ever look into that hacking issue?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
hey clay, why is there people from autoforums now viewing threads that they should not have access to and also now checking out our dyno thread? ever look into that hacking issue?
Stop bothering me about that stuff - talk to Erich who runs your site. He knows what's going on and has a history with the new owners of EvoTuners. I am not an owner and just am a moderator of one section. I have no insight, control, nor knowledge of anything being done by the new owners of this site (the owners of autoforums).

There is no challenge. To those of us in the real world, dynos are just a tuning tool, and they by no means indicate how your car will perform in a racing situation. I do not expect to put down bigger numbers than you or anyone on a dyno - no one cares. What DOES matter is how your car performs in a venue where that power can be used. What the heck is the point of bragging about numbers on a dyno when they have never been proven in action? You can't race on a dyno.

If you have time to do all this dyno'ing, you sure as hell have time to hit the drag strip once. You can ask Quinnie how tough it is to put power to the ground with 122mph traps. His beast was struggling to get clean runs, because it's a tough thing to do, but he definitely had good power.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
brp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Stop bothering me about that stuff - talk to Erich who runs your site. He knows what's going on and has a history with the new owners of EvoTuners. I am not an owner and just am a moderator of one section. I have no insight, control, nor knowledge of anything being done by the new owners of this site (the owners of autoforums).

There is no challenge. To those of us in the real world, dynos are just a tuning tool, and they by no means indicate how your car will perform in a racing situation. I do not expect to put down bigger numbers than you or anyone on a dyno - no one cares. What DOES matter is how your car performs in a venue where that power can be used. What the heck is the point of bragging about numbers on a dyno when they have never been proven in action? You can't race on a dyno.

If you have time to do all this dyno'ing, you sure as hell have time to hit the drag strip once...
just letting you know that for some reason someone from autoforums is looking at shit they shouldnt which is illegal. not saying it was you but i think its highly uncool

the dyno day is not till september. i got 4 days at home next week. then i leave till the 31st. 5 days at home leave for another 10... that goes till mid august.
besides if you and i both go on the dyno on the same day, with same conditions how is it that we cant "compete"? all this are the same!

but then again, i see what you are doing. lots of blah blah and no $100 and free dyno time for you? come on you may not need a dyno sheet, but the hundy? nobody in this world has too much money!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
brp

just saw the edit, quinnie does have a fast car, no questions asked but why is he in this? again, i am saying that my car>your car. nothing about drivers.

now say "i admit that BRP's HP/TQ monster will rape my car both in the dyno and track" and i will stop bothering you from now on!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)

Because I don't optimize my car for the dyno - I optimize it for dominating at the track. Yes, there is a difference.

I am not in any way interested in what you dyno or what I dyno. I am only interested in track results. There is no reason for us to fight or argue about it, because I have raced my car like crazy since I've owned it, and I have no idea if you've done anything. The real point is that you are filled with hate for some reason, and I do not share this hatred. Your initial comment about not listening to me was very uncalled for, and the negativity towards Tobz and his tuning by others is uncalled for. If you are happy with your car, your power, and your tuning, then just be happy with it...don't attempt to bring down others.

Last edited by Warrtalon; 06-17-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
brp

Quote:
However, we have many dyno monsters who we hope will get out to the track soon and strut their stuff, because my power levels are relatively meager in comparison.
its funny you said that cause i wouldnt have said a word to you if it had not been for this comment. prior to that all i had said in this thread was "sent pm"
Old 05-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
but then again, i see what you are doing. lots of blah blah and no $100 and free dyno time for you? come on you may not need a dyno sheet, but the hundy? nobody in this world has too much money!
Because he was at the track Wed night along with many of us, and he was trapping 122 without the juice as far as I know. He wasn't much faster, and he wasn't as quick. he will get quicker and probably faster as he dials it in and gets used to driving it. The point is that he dynos pretty damn high and didn't get results that match, yet he was at least out there giving it a shot. I wasn't even getting good times relative to my traps, but at least my results were better than any other stock turbo Evo I've seen in this area.

Quote:
now say "i admit that BRP's HP/TQ monster will rape my car both in the dyno and track" and i will stop bothering you from now on!
You actually believe this? That is very exciting. I cannot wait to see you at the track...

Old 05-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
its funny you said that cause i wouldnt have said a word to you if it had not been for this comment. prior to that all i had said in this thread was "sent pm"
Oh really? Let's re-cap, shall we?

- I referred to dyno monsters, which is a compliment, not an insult
- I said we hope those cars will get out and strut their stuff, whic is not an insult and is a true hope of mine and others
- I winked about the meager power, because my power is not really that much lower. I just happen to use a much lower-reading dyno, so it's easy for people to get confused

I said no names, I insulted no one, I said nothing negative about anyone or any shop, I recommended Carz, and I proclaimed my true hope of something very simple - that some big dyno cars actually get to the track to prove themselves.

That's in no way equivalent to your negative comment about listening to me. You should spend more time talking yourself up and less time talking others down. I mean...we're already inferior, right? Revel in that and leave us alone. Then, prove it at the track when you "have time."

Old 05-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
brp

Quote:
Because he was at the track Wed night along with many of us, and he was trapping 122 without the juice as far as I know. He wasn't much faster, and he wasn't as quick. he will get quicker and probably faster as he dials it in and gets used to driving it. The point is that he dynos pretty damn high and didn't get results that match, yet he was at least out there giving it a shot. I wasn't even getting good times relative to my traps, but at least my results were better than any other stock turbo Evo I've seen in this area.

You actually believe this? That is very exciting. I cannot wait to see you at the track...
that is great. i like quinnie and im not bringing him to this convo. he has a great car and i know he is a great driver... no sarcasm.

well i also have the highest numbers for the state, so maybe me and you should have the same shit 109 traps huh? we'll look at cory's car and his traps, then ask around about our videos together, yeah the ones tobz made. his traps>your traps. our races ended up with my car>his car. so add that up. me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

please man, dont brag aout a 109 trap! that is ridiculous!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Excellent. The stage is set...

Old 05-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

DenverEvo, You have a PM.

tobz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement