Twin Scroll GT35r Evo X Tune - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Twin Scroll GT35r Evo X Tune

Hello,

This past weekend I spent my July 3rd and 4th tuning and it was hot as hell.

I am in Phoenix doing some tuning for some customers and Vivid had an Evo X that they were finishing up and asked me if I would tune it so I obviously said yes.

I have learned a lot about these cars since there release. I have done a lot of testing on the stock ECU and a lot of my information and data can be found on EvoM.

This car was cool. Advan RS wheels, APR front splitter, BC coilovers and then the AP/AFI turbo kit. The turbo is a Twin Scroll T4 GT35R. It is not really a real 35R but close to it. I think it is a P-trim wheel with a standard 35R compressor. I don't know the A/R of the twin scroll exactly I will find out if you all so desire.

The other neat thing that they did is that they had the stock injectors modified to flow at 800cc. They are soooo easy to set-up comapred to a lot of other injectors ( PTE cough cough) And they dont just cut the tip off like the STI injectors. They are actually modified correctly with flow sheets.

But on to the good stuff. The Vivid Evo X has been tuned so I am not the first to do this. I am the second but I found out a lot about the cars and power. The other great thing I got to play with is the dual Mivec. It kicks ass. Just with an hour of tuning it I was able to get about 400rpms sooner boost than the other Evo X and made as much power with just 91 as they were doing with 93, and very safe. The other tuner did a good job with the other car but I was able to get just a bit more. I think with a bit more time he would have found the same results.

The over all power that I got was 396hp to the wheels and 335 ft/lbs. on a mustang dyno. This is at 22psi. For whatever reason this car was not holding steady boost it kind of fluctuated a bit and that hindered power a bit. I think with it holding at 22psi and 10 degrees cooler and it would have done 410 on pump.

I am going to go and get the dyno sheet here in a bit and I will post it up. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Mitch Mckee
VE Engineering
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Any video's of said Evo X. Good numbers. Pay my Evo off and then I will think about a X MR.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement