What interests you most? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What interests you most in relation to Evos?
Race Evos? 4 25.00%
Dyno queens? 1 6.25%
Normal spending while going way faster than most? 10 62.50%
Mostly show? 0 0%
Meet'n'greet? 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
What interests you most?

So, what interests and impresses you guys the most in relation to Evos?

1) Do you prefer full-out race Evos with tens of thousands of dollars spent (or more)?

2) Do you prefer the Evos that can put down the biggest numbers on a dyno without ever racing to prove how fast they really are?

3) Do you prefer lightly-modded cars that do more with less?

4) Do you prefer Evos that look fast?

5) Do you prefer Evos that hang out and look at each other?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

If you are looking for a fight I think you will get one. Not from me cause I don't care anymore but...ya I think I see what is coming.

I am all about all 5 of them, so I didn't vote. if you enjoy cars you enjoy every aspect of them.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Why a fight? I'm curious as to what people like MOST so that I know how best to appeal to the masses. Voting for one doesn't mean you don't like the other, but most people have preferences. You are saying you like all 5 equally? I find that hard to believe. One surely pleases you more than the rest...

I edited the fields, since they were too specific...

Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Voted...

-E
Old 06-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Ok, when I look at a say turbo magazine or super street and see a car..let's pick an Evo. I don't want to see a Evo pushin 390 Hp with a stock battery and other stock stuff. If you car is good enough to be in a magazine then it should look alot better. Not saying that my car is or should be based off of but I want to be inspired, I want to be like dan that thing is nice, tons of HP, looks good, handles good and runs a good quarter mile or put down some good numbers on a dyno.

What do I enjoy the most.. street racing. Legal or illegal, is usually funner. road course can't say never been on one but there are some curves near my house that I love to ake at high speeds so if a track is like that then I like it also. I enjoy talking to new people or people I already met and talk about cars. Cars and bikes are apart of my life.

When I was in VA beach I would go to the beach on my bike and sit there and talk bikes for hrs. then if I wanted to ride I would go to Norfolk University and I would literally be the only white guy there with like 60 black guys...but the difference is these guys rode and they never once said anything bad about me or my bike. But I enjoy all aspects of cars and bikes.

Shizt I have more pics of my car then I do my wife, literally.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I like a car to look nice. if its gonna be in a Mag that shit better be AMAZING...

also I am not too much of a track guy. I like racing on the streets its fun for me. and Josh.

I love speeding thats why my lisance is about to get pulled, if I keep ####in up. also corners are nice... I also have never been to a road corese but I love high speed corners.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Josh, see those are honest and valid answers. That's what interests YOU most whether I agree or not. Same with you, Elvis - thank you for the honest answers.

Now, you both mentioned you have never been on a road course but that you love street racing. Imagine this for a second:

1) Highly illegal and dangerous to you, those around you, and innocent bystanders who may get in the way. Does not involve any skill, there are no safety crews or equipment, and you can go to jail

2) 100% legal, uses the full capabilities of your car, safety crews and equipment on alert, requires tons of skill, and danger is limited to you and those who also choose to be on course - no innocent bystanders

Think about which one makes more sense. I think you guys would shit your pants with glee if you tried out your Evos on the road course. It is truly the most fun I've ever had...

Quote:
Ok, when I look at a say turbo magazine or super street and see a car..let's pick an Evo. I don't want to see a Evo pushin 390 Hp with a stock battery and other stock stuff. If you car is good enough to be in a magazine then it should look alot better. Not saying that my car is or should be based off of but I want to be inspired
This is really the crux of it all and is a profound revelation for me. This is exactly what people like me DON'T like. We abhor those ricer mag cars that are all show and no go. Sure, some are fast, but it's exactly what they put in those mags that leads cars down the shitter in many cases. I am MUCH more impressed by a car that looks stock and runs 11s than a car that looks like it came straight from Import Ricer magazine and runs 14s. It's definitely a personal preference thing...

Old 06-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to MadMsheen
I think the fields are a bit off. It might be easier if you worded it, where all fields are equal.

Advanced organized, competetive racing?

Budget bang for the buck racing?

Dyno gains from mod testing?

Modding cars for show/style?

Meet'n'greet/comraderie?

I chose bang for the buck. I like all of the above. However, I don't have he time, money, nor energy to do organized racing or competetively modding for shows. I like meeting new people and hanging out with people who share my interests (the Evo).

I like getting dyno numbers for testing my mods and tunes; showing the fruits of my labor without any chance of driver error. But in the end I chose building on a budget Evo. Trying to get the most bang for my buck. It seems that progression forces me to mod out of necessity, once I can outdrive the car. The Evo comes so strong out of the box, that it'll take drivers some time to really reach their potential stock, before moving on to the next mod.

I have a decent powered Evo. Which spends more time in the shops than on the streets. There is always some project I have to do next. At this point, I wish I would have just hunkered down, and driven the damn thing.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

For me its about the racing, but like everyone else I like all aspects listed.

Hell this past week I pushed my car HARD through Glenwood Canyon.

When I purchased the evo it was to continue my autox and hpde experience...but for me family and work come first. Someday I'll get back into racing when my career stablizes.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

You say street racingin is Higly dangerous and you risk alot doin it, Trust me Bud I know. I recently aquired a 16 point ticket for it, and almost shit my pants when I was in court for it. I was lucky, and got off semi easy, the other guy didnt get off as easy as me.

And it it dangerous, very, but thats why you dont do it on public streets, well all streets are public, but when we have raced, we have goen far out away from everyone, with only Certain people we trust, then do it, and leave. never stay for long, never bring suspicious people, and never bring new commers u dont know.

and even stll it it dangerous, and anything can happen, and there is no safty crew around, but I guess its cuz I am still young and like the adrinalin rush. but this is to each his own.
You say I would shit my pants, I probbibly would. and thats why I wanna try it... But I need to work on being a better driver first. well just the launches.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I hear you about the job. once I get done with college I will think about doing racing, drag or road course. but i need my DD to stay that until I can afford a beater.

Sides the tracks in CO sucks. I was surprised to hear from Troy how big Pueblo was, but until I see a better quality track near I won't road course my car. Well maybe if we rent the track out one day I will..but not everyday or weekend.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

To me the choices are a little TOO cut and dry. Like Josh I have many interests, most of them no more important than the rest.

I build my car to my tastes, and mine alone. I research whats available at the time and make a decision based on cost, performance, appearance and shop reputation. Money usually is not a primary concern when I mod my car, hence going with an AMS turbo versus a Buschur, etc.

I can't say I've never street raced, but I can say that I very rarely do. I'm very cognisant of my surroundings and use resonable risk management decisions if I decide to put the pedal down. Most of the time I'm too oblivious to the idiots who want to challenge me and the rest of the time I just laugh at the morons who rev their V6 Camaros at me like I would even waste the gas to embarass them.

I've been to the drag strip many times, as a spectator and as a racer. I've been to a few shows, as a spectator and as a competitor. I've been on the dyno quite a few times to see where my mods have produced. And I also attend meets from time to time...not to stare at other people's cars but to conversate with people who have similar interests.

All in all none of these things matter more than the other except for the very first point I made. It's my car, and I mod/drive/show/race it how I want without any regard to what anyone else's opinion may be. Cause in the end, cars come and go but it's the memories that last a lifetime.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
Cause in the end, cars come and go but it's the memories that last a lifetime.
This is the truth! Very much so...
Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Shit Brian you made me cry. It is about memories and having a good time.

Ya know I was thinking about this on the way home and if I was to race on a closed road course and the evo was my desginated race car. I am the type of person that if I am going into a corner and you are in front of me braking harder than me..if i even brake at all.. but anyways I will tag your ass. Its racing and if you don't like a little rubbing or a tap then mve over or get off the track. So with that said my track days will be very aggressive and costly.

Shit I love taking my wife to the go kart bumper cars and letting her get ahead of me and then tialing her so close that any slight touch of the brakes she does results in a spin out or a good little shove to let her know that I lover and that I am not going away even when she tries to do some trickery polish driving.

No to go off topic but Clay you should set up a track day at Pueblo and post it cause I know a ton of people will come. not like the meet so don't compare the two. (also don't put ur own money down) But see if there are some cheap instructors to teach us newbs how to drive better. I know JustDSM said he would buy like 5 spots, I would buy 1 or 2. Someone on the other place said that it was like 1500 to rent the track for a day, So that's 15 people to throw in a 100 bucks plus more for an instructor if we all wanted one.

This is just a a thing to do to get all of us Evo street racers off the streets and onto the tracks to see what are cars can do. That is something I would do in a heartbeat. You should check into it since you are the residence racer here.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Josh I second that. That would be something cool... like a evo track day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread