What interests you most? - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right
 

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What interests you most in relation to Evos?
Race Evos? 4 25.00%
Dyno queens? 1 6.25%
Normal spending while going way faster than most? 10 62.50%
Mostly show? 0 0%
Meet'n'greet? 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 243
Reputation: evoRSTroy is an unknown
good topic for a conversation!

I am with evolvd on this one, I enjoy changing my car to my liking, keeping my end goal in mind. quite often I enjoy working on my car/others cars more than I do driving them.

It's also nice to belong to a community of people who enjoy these cars for all the different reasons, gives everyone else a different point of view when we have our little meets and what not. meets bring together people that otherwise would never know eachother.

and for me, it isn't evo's, it's any car that isn't standard. I appreciate all types of modified cars.

and I am down for a track day as well. racing on a road course is highest on the list of awesome things I have been able to with a car
Offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Great comments. Josh, we will have to talk about that whole agression thing, since you will never be allowed on track if you do things like that, but the other idea about a track day is very simple.

The thing is we've had MANY track events where no Evos have shown up except for a few, and it's not people from this crew. These evens have been ongoing, but there has been no interest. You guys say you'd love to do something like that, but you've never signed up for the ones in the past. They weren't specific Evo events, but that's because we have so few people in the area who actually put their Evos on track.

That being said, it's very simple and cheap to get a day at PMI (has to be a weekday), and it's $100/person all day long (8 hours) or $60 for a half day (4 hours). We would just need to pick a date where everyone agrees that it's the best time to do it. Potentially, I could lock it down myself so that no one is allowed except people who sign up through me, but it's still the same cost. As for instructors, all NASA events have HPDE 1-4, and everyone starts in group 1. In group 1, you get a dedicated instructor all weekend, and it's only $250 for the whole 2-days. As you improve, you move up to 2, 3, then 4. After that, it's time trials or racing...

Elvis, you got it a little backwards. You learn to drive by getting on track, not vice versa. There is no possible way for you to truly learn to drive on public roads. You will not understand until you actually sign up for an event and see what it's like on a real track. Or, if you just ride with me for a few laps around PMI, you would have a whole new perspective on Evos.

Ask Jtizzle about his perspective on the Evo after the RMS event. He didn't get to ride with me, but just doing his own car opened his eyes to a whole new world.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Registered: Aug 2007
Posts: 862
Reputation: Coevopower is an unknown
Clay, One day When u go to the track I would like to tag along and get a ride or 2 if that is okay then.


I understand that I will get better driveing on a track, but money is tight and that is why I have not been able to go. I would love to go.
Offline  
 
Old 06-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Understand on the money. If you really mean what you say, then I suggest that you STOP spending so much money on power mods and use that money towards learning how to drive. Believe me, when I went to my first auto-x, my first comment was, "I have no frickin clue how to drive this thing." Then, I went to my first track event (road course) and said, "I REALLY have no frickin clue how to drive this thing."

Now, I feel very confident with the Evo at its limits. It doesn't mean I don't still have much to learn, but my perspective on driving has changed forever. Honestly, you would be way better off if you chilled on the power mods, especially with so little money right now, and maybe spend a little on a track day. Hell, even an autocross would blow your mind, believe me! Those only $cost 35-40 or so.

If I do a local autox, I'll let you know so you can come do a ride-along. I'll also try to get you in the passenger seat for some PMI laps. That would really freak you out, hah.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member
 
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Jul 2007
Posts: 780
Reputation: Joshsevo is an unknown
Well Do some research on it and plan ahead like maybe at the begining of next yr like next May or something. That would be easy to do it through you , You got paypal right. I would easyily smack down 200 for a few days on track.

The more research you do on it and get some solid dates the more interest there will be. I think one of the failures of previous Evo meets even still to this upcoming one is advertisment. The grapevine can only reach so many people so making some flyers and sticking them at the local shops and at the dealerships will double the exposure to the Evo events. This is something I could take upon myself to handle.

So far there has been like 6 people that I know of that will do this and this is them just saying they will without even having dates or costs. Put it like this, there is like 278 people registered on RMevo and like 105 or so on the other site, we just need a 1/10 of them to pay and we are set. Plus there is the shops that might want their Evo tracked and they may sponsor parts of it like the food or pay for the instructors.

There has to be more planning than just setting a date and asking people to come cause it's an evo specific event.
Offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Well, we can't make it too much of an event just because of the liability involved. PMI has open track days all the time - anyone can go and pay 60 or 100 depending on how long they want to stay. There is no minimum, so it's very easy. We could hype it as more in order to get more interest, but it will just be a fun day of hotlapping - no times or competition. However, that is still incredibly fun, especially for people who haven't ever been on track. It would also give us plenty of time for people to ride with each other. Myself and a few other experienced guys could ride along as instructors, but we could also take people in our cars to show how it's done.

If you want to take it to that next level with flyers and some sponsor participation, that would be great. If you are talking about next year, then that's too far off for me to start worrying about now, but I could at least get the info from PMI. That's assuming PMI will still be open next year. If not, then we'll just have to learn about HPR and Genoa.





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member
 
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Jul 2007
Posts: 780
Reputation: Joshsevo is an unknown
Ya I am in no rush I need to get my engine done otherwise I won't be havin as much fun as I could with more TQ.

I think next yr around this time and one later in the yr would be better. heres the thing say we get like 15 to come to the first meet, after the people that didn't come see the pics and see what we learned for such a great price I am sure there will be no problem filling even more spots.
Offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
Registered: Feb 2008
Posts: 81
Reputation: rdwngs444 is an unknown
personaly I like the uniqueness of show and the speed and horsepower with the go. Never will I own a vehicle that looks like the one that came off the showroom floor and I always like it to be faster. I'm not a fan of course racing because for one, it takes a (set-up) car to do it, my 19'' rims can't hang, second, I'm not a fan of the stock evo look and my evo is too low to road race, but I love the dragstrip because it's a quick adrenaline rush and good for comparison. When I get home I want a unique car with mild to medium body mods, nothing too extreme and the horsepower and drag numbers to back it up!
Offline  
Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Warrtalon's Avatar
 
Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,506
Images: 12
Reputation: Warrtalon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
But the Evo is built to road race. Why would you want to purposely ruin that and make it unable to succeed at what it does best? If your Evo is too low to road race, then it's too low period. Are you more concerned with the looks of 19" rims and a slammed suspension than you are with the health, performance, and quality of your Evo? It sounds like you've crippled and castrated what was originally a beast in stock form.

It absolutely does not require a setup to do road racing - you can go out right off the showroom floor and blow away most cars you see there. In fact, to this day, I have yet to be passed on course. There are definitely some faster cars out there, but in the sessions I've run so far, I have not been passed. That's not just because of me but because the Evo is unbelievably capable. You say the drag strip is a quick adrenaline rush. Now imagine 20 straight minutes of something that is 10X more exciting...

Quote:
nothing too extreme and the horsepower and drag numbers to back it up
I agree here. Do you have these?





__________________
[email protected] - PMI
[email protected] - Bandi
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
 
Registered: Aug 2007
Posts: 862
Reputation: Coevopower is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Well, we can't make it too much of an event just because of the liability involved. PMI has open track days all the time - anyone can go and pay 60 or 100 depending on how long they want to stay. There is no minimum, so it's very easy. We could hype it as more in order to get more interest, but it will just be a fun day of hotlapping - no times or competition. However, that is still incredibly fun, especially for people who haven't ever been on track. It would also give us plenty of time for people to ride with each other. Myself and a few other experienced guys could ride along as instructors, but we could also take people in our cars to show how it's done.

If you want to take it to that next level with flyers and some sponsor participation, that would be great. If you are talking about next year, then that's too far off for me to start worrying about now, but I could at least get the info from PMI. That's assuming PMI will still be open next year. If not, then we'll just have to learn about HPR and Genoa.

Clay, All I have for power mods is pretty much bolt-ons and thats about it.

And I would Love to tag along. when I get what I got my self into out of it, I will deff go and try some auto x and see what thats all about. But I am down for a ride along anyday..
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
 
Registered: Oct 2007
Posts: 118
Reputation: Lumpskie is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMsheen View Post
I think the fields are a bit off. It might be easier if you worded it, where all fields are equal.

Advanced organized, competetive racing?

Budget bang for the buck racing?

Dyno gains from mod testing?

Modding cars for show/style?

Meet'n'greet/comraderie?
+1 These choices are very partial.
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
 
Registered: Oct 2007
Posts: 118
Reputation: Lumpskie is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
So, what interests and impresses you guys the most in relation to Evos?

1) Do you prefer full-out race Evos with tens of thousands of dollars spent (or more)?

2) Do you prefer the Evos that can put down the biggest numbers on a dyno without ever racing to prove how fast they really are?

3) Do you prefer lightly-modded cars that do more with less?

4) Do you prefer Evos that look fast?

5) Do you prefer Evos that hang out and look at each other?

What are your real intentions with these comments?

Here's what I see in these options.
1) Do you prefer evos modded by rich people, who have more resources than you?
2) BRP, I'm still mad about our argument on the "tuning" thread.
3) Do you guys like my car?
4) I didn't spend money on this, why would you?
5) I don't get along with a lot of members on this board; that doesn't matter, does it?

Keep in mind that I'm relatively new on these boards; I could be misinterpreting your intentions. Nevertheless, if the options appear this skewed to me, they may appear similarly to others...
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
 
Registered: Jul 2005
Posts: 431
Reputation: tobz is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
So, what interests and impresses you guys the most in relation to Evos?

1) Do you prefer full-out race Evos with tens of thousands of dollars spent (or more)?
---------------Yes, If I could afford to build one.
2) Do you prefer the Evos that can put down the biggest numbers on a dyno without ever racing to prove how fast they really are?
---------------Sure, if thats what they want.
3) Do you prefer lightly-modded cars that do more with less?
---------------Yes, also again because of money.
4) Do you prefer Evos that look fast?
---------------Yes, Especially if they are.
5) Do you prefer Evos that hang out and look at each other?
---------------As long as they enjoy it.

I love them all stock to full built.
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
 
Registered: Apr 2005
Posts: 442
Images: 2
Reputation: JustDSM is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
What are your real intentions with these comments?

Here's what I see in these options.
1) Do you prefer evos modded by rich people, who have more resources than you?
2) BRP, I'm still mad about our argument on the "tuning" thread.
3) Do you guys like my car?
4) I didn't spend money on this, why would you?
5) I don't get along with a lot of members on this board; that doesn't matter, does it?

Keep in mind that I'm relatively new on these boards; I could be misinterpreting your intentions. Nevertheless, if the options appear this skewed to me, they may appear similarly to others...
AMEN!
Offline  
Old 06-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
 
Registered: Feb 2008
Posts: 81
Reputation: rdwngs444 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
But the Evo is built to road race. Why would you want to purposely ruin that and make it unable to succeed at what it does best? If your Evo is too low to road race, then it's too low period. Are you more concerned with the looks of 19" rims and a slammed suspension than you are with the health, performance, and quality of your Evo? It sounds like you've crippled and castrated what was originally a beast in stock form.
I understand the evo is a road race car but that's also what drove me to it, the handling! I simply like the looks of the 19's nothing more and it's not slammed because I don't want to ruin the suspension it's still stock. IMO just because it's built for "rally style" racing doesn't mean you have to race it like that or you're a bad evo owner. I would love to road race another car just not mine, too much money and time invested in it. "PRO CHOICE"
Offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:11 AM.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2007 AutoForums.com - EVOtuners.net - All Rights Reserved.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.