What interests you most? - Page 4 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What interests you most in relation to Evos?
Race Evos? 4 25.00%
Dyno queens? 1 6.25%
Normal spending while going way faster than most? 10 62.50%
Mostly show? 0 0%
Meet'n'greet? 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #46 (permalink)

I personally am working on making my DD evo as efficient as possible by removing all common restrictions (exhaust, licp, MBC (reducing boost taper), airbox (not a restriction until power over 400 hp)). I do not care about bling as much as i do solid performance. Stock suspension set up is fine for the amount of power i have, and the way i drive it. I have no plans to start racing it until i have another DD. I hope to make my very own FQ400 by going e-85 and maybe picking up MR struts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #47 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
FYI, I have my original Bilsteins in the garage.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #48 (permalink)

Struts and springs or just struts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
FYI, I have my original Bilsteins in the garage.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

Both - all still put together.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Walking up to a decent-looking car and seeing a HKS front Strut bar, GT Spec rear bar, Aeromotive fuel rail, some ebay FMIC with four different colour couplers and a used crappy BOV, Megan Exhuast manifold with a Bushur exhuast and greddy boost controller, AEM wideband with an Ebay special Boost guage, etc etc etc- when I see a car like that I immediately think the owner is a cheap SOB who buys most if not all his parts used or whatever is on "sale".
where did you see my car!?!?!

I enjoy all the things listed, however my car is still a DD, with some time off as I have a bike now, and ride during the summer. I personally don't like outrageous styling (functional or not) on a street car, however, I think a nice set of wheels change the look of a car greatly. thus, my car is pretty much a stock, lowered "lancer" with wheels.
my goal is still to have a great all-round car with street use in mind.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
You said that you can't road race, because your Evo is too low, but now you say the suspension is stock? I'm confused. If you have stock suspension, then you are at stock ride height, which means you can't be too low to road race.
Sorry dude, I used a bad choice of words, my car isn't "too" low but it has a front splitter. I haven't done anything to hurt the racing abilities I just choose not to, like I said I would love another car to road race but just not my evo. I think i'm on the same boat as most, good lookin clean car with light exterior mods and a modded engine for the fun factor!

I see what you're saying about modding your car to hurt it, like lambo doors and slammed to the ground, (especially an evo) I 100% agree with you on that, not my style but imo the exterior mods like carbon fiber hood, trunk, stuff like that is personal choice and strictly visual.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #52 (permalink)

Yeah, ok...you just said it's too low to road race. A splitter definitely doesn't make it too low. In fact, a splitter is specifically FOR road racing and is typically combined with a very nice suspension. It has no use and makes no sense without a suspension unfortunately, but you by no means are too low. It's fine if you don't want to put the Evo on track, but let me tell ya...that is what it does best and is what it was built for. It's the most amazing feeling putting the Evo on track. It's a shame you don't want to experience it.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, ok...you just said it's too low to road race. A splitter definitely doesn't make it too low. In fact, a splitter is specifically FOR road racing and is typically combined with a very nice suspension. It has no use and makes no sense without a suspension unfortunately, but you by no means are too low. It's fine if you don't want to put the Evo on track, but let me tell ya...that is what it does best and is what it was built for. It's the most amazing feeling putting the Evo on track. It's a shame you don't want to experience it.
I would love to take a couple laps around as a passenger or drive another evo and take classes. I just don't have the time or money to buy another car.
the splitter makes sense to me because I like the looks but it is of no use without a full suspension.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
As u said eariler to me That I would shit my pants with glee. maybe he whould to lol
Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #55 (permalink)

Maybe we can get you both some fun ride alongs. It's even crazier as a passenger, because you are certain that the driver is going to fly straight through the turn when suddenly the car threshold brakes, your head flies towards the windshield, and the car begins to turn while still trailbraking. Oh hell yes...

Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe we can get you both some fun ride alongs. It's even crazier as a passenger, because you are certain that the driver is going to fly straight through the turn when suddenly the car threshold brakes, your head flies towards the windshield, and the car begins to turn while still trailbraking. Oh hell yes...
Clay Calm down buddy... Lets not get too excited about this. U know I want this ride along.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #57 (permalink)

It's hard not to get excited about ripping it around the road course.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
It's hard not to get excited about ripping it around the road course.
I don't even want to mention my very first time as a passenger on a road track. I lost my lunch that day back in the pit.

Not to mention taking my own car out and acting like Schumacher. That did not play well in the sand box with the corner worker looking at me like this...

-E
Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #59 (permalink)

Clayton, some people just don't care to race thier cars. Hard as it may be to believe but it's true. Just like some people have no desire to throw themselves out of an airplane at 14000 feet. I love skydiving, but turning laps on a track...just doesn't pique my interest much. That however does not mean I shouldn't own or drive an Evo.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #60 (permalink)

I didn't think any of my comments said otherwise. I've just been saying it makes no sense to buy a race car like this and DECREASE performance. Only a small percentage of people actually race their Evos. It's a shame, but that's just how it is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread