What interests you most? - Page 5 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Community > Regional EVO Clubs > Rocky Mountain EVO Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Rocky Mountain EVO Forum Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc.
Rocky Mountain Region Homepage

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What interests you most in relation to Evos?
Race Evos? 4 25.00%
Dyno queens? 1 6.25%
Normal spending while going way faster than most? 10 62.50%
Mostly show? 0 0%
Meet'n'greet? 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #61 (permalink)

I'm just going off of prior comments you've made over time. No accusations, just impressions. Throwing 19's on an Evo doesn't necessarily decrease performance if you aren't trying to extract full performance. It's a style choice...

Now if someone asked "why is my Evo slower than Joe Blow's Evo" and he listed 19's on his mod list...then I'd point out that fact. But otherwise there's no need to highlight someones mod choice because you don't particularly agree with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #62 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Well you're getting very nitpicky now. Do you think his 19s don't decrease his performance? Really? I mean, if they weigh less than 18lbs, then maybe you're right. He doesn't race it, so there's no way to quantify the difference, but that's a pretty obvious negative. He also said earlier he was too low to road race. He has since said that wasn't true, but all of my comments were related to that...

Old 06-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #63 (permalink)

Not getting nitpicky...he's not the only person you've called out for "decreasing performance" by their mod choice. I'm not getting anywhere trying to explain it so I'll just say this, it's each individuals choice as to what they want to do. If someone asks for help then feel free to give your opinion about each mod. Otherwise, just let well enough alone and let people choose how they want they want to mod without giving your opinion.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #64 (permalink)

If he doesn't race it and isn't concerned with racing it, what does it matter?

He wanted the wheels he had for his own reasons, he paid for them, he's happy with them.

End of story for most.. But not some..
Old 06-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
Not getting nitpicky...he's not the only person you've called out for "decreasing performance" by their mod choice. I'm not getting anywhere trying to explain it so I'll just say this, it's each individuals choice as to what they want to do. If someone asks for help then feel free to give your opinion about each mod. Otherwise, just let well enough alone and let people choose how they want they want to mod without giving your opinion.
How am I not letting anyone do anything? You focus so much on just saying the exact opposite of what I say that you don't realize you're trying to quash my right to give my opinion with the same fervor you're defending others' right to do whatever they want to their car. Why is anyone free to do whatever they want to their car, but I'm not allowed to give my opinion on it? That makes no sense. You don't like my opinion? Fine, but I'm still going to give it. Just like you and others are going to do things to your car whether I like it or not. Why defend one but not the other? It makes no sense. Telling me I can only give my opinion when some asks is a complete and utter farce. No one asks for permission to put stupid things on their Evo. Also, there have been times when people DID ask, and you would still oppose me, so it doesn't even matter. What DOES matter is you don't like my opinions or the fact I give them. Oh well, it's my right to do so just as much as someone who ruins their Evo except that I'm just typing words while they are wasting money screwing up a fine automobile. Just my opinion, of course. Hopefully, I'm still allowed to have that without your permission...

Also, the whole diatribe about me asking why people would decrease performance was NOT directed only at rdwngs. I am asking in GENERAL...why do people do that? He just happens to be one example, although he misrepresented himself initially. I haven't been saying all this about 19" rims - that's just one example. I was originally referring to him saying he made his Evo too low to road race (why do I feel like I'm repeating myself?). That was way more of an issue than having huge rims, but just because he came back and said he just had a splitter (not sure why he originally said the car was too low), it didn't change the gist of my question, which is...why would people by an Evo and then do mods that hurt the performance just to "look" cool (definitely debatable).

Old 06-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
If he doesn't race it and isn't concerned with racing it, what does it matter?

He wanted the wheels he had for his own reasons, he paid for them, he's happy with them.

End of story for most.. But not some..
Oh, so now it only matters if you race? Funny, considering the many people who try so hard for dyno numbers without ever racing and the fact he's going with a Green. How does that work? I don't think you thought through that comment before typing it.

Sure, he's happy with them, and it's his money. Great. These are my opinions that I'm typing, and I don't even have to pay to type them. End of story for most...but not some.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #67 (permalink)

Apparantly it does matter...how many have you called out to prove their power potential? I can cite a recent example when someone stated they hit 29lbs on a stock turbo. And what's wrong with trying to get big dyno numbers without racing? Justin's post was pretty cut and dry to me...and probly is to most...but not some.

As much as you think I like to waste my time trying to "quash" you, I'm not. From time to time you "type" utter B.S. that has to be corrected before someone takes it as gospel. I never said you can't give your opinion. I did however say in a round-about way that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

It's not all about you Clayton so please quit inferring that my replys are always an attempt to refute your "opinion". We all give our opinion based on our own tastes. However most of the time you do it by way with the impression of talking down to the person.

I really don't care when you give your opinion. What I do care is when you try to force it down people's throat because you don't agree with what they choose to do. As I said before, I'm not just talking about RDWNGS...but countless other's you've talked down to.

Anyways, this is turning into a bitch session again and that's not the point of this thread. Matter of fact I'm still not sure what the point of this thread is....no matter what people like or don't like about Evo's you'll still be biased.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #68 (permalink)

The more you deny it, the more obvious it becomes that you either don't realize it or are lying about it. I didn't even do the stuff you're saying in this thread, and you can't use the past as your excuse. YOu just keep trying to refute every point for the sake of refuting it. If I don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all? You gotta be kidding me - using a cliche as the explanation for all your posts? That's just dumb, sorry. You say plenty of things that aren't nice all the time. In fact, it has become a trend that you do everything you tell me not to do. Maybe you need to go back and read everything again to see what you're really doing.

I make valid points, and you act like you're the Warrtalon police and just try to refute every little thing even though there is nothing to refute.

I ask why people would spend money to decrease performance on their Evo. You harp on rdwngs and 19" rims, which are just a single example and microcosm of the whole.

You tell me to not give my opinion as if I don't have a right to give my opinion while telling me people have a right to do whatever the hell stupid stuff they want to do to their Evos. Hmm, you tell me not to do the very thing you're doing. Strange?

Of course I'm biased - everyone is - especially you (biased against anything I say). However, we had a pretty nice discourse going before you started up your old schtick.

Just to be clear on this point:

Quote:
I never said you can't give your opinion
Yes, you did.

Quote:
If someone asks for help then feel free to give your opinion about each mod. Otherwise, just let well enough alone and let people choose how they want they want to mod without giving your opinion.
Forget typing that? You told me not to give my opinion unless asked. I specifically pointed this out, and then you said you _never_ said I can't give my opinion. Play semantics if you want, but that's exactly what you were doing.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
Apparantly it does matter...how many have you called out to prove their power potential? I can cite a recent example when someone stated they hit 29lbs on a stock turbo. And what's wrong with trying to get big dyno numbers without racing? Justin's post was pretty cut and dry to me...and probly is to most...but not some.
Huh, what's your point? It wasn't 29psi, it was 32. I can't wait to see 32psi in action against my 26psi, because you can't race on a dyno. Nothing wrong with dyno numbers, but wouldn't someone who is interested in their power levels also be interested in the car performing well other than on the dyno? It's like you guys try so hard to refute me that you don't even read what you type. Think about what you're saying. You think it makes sense to spend money and try hard to make a big number on a dyno but then toss on other non-engine mods that reduce performance? Or, do you think it makes sense to run around bragging about being the champion of dyno numbers without a single timeslip to prove the car can perform? After all, a single gear while stationary in a non-real-world environment with no launching or shifting is quite a bit different than proving it on the track. Sure, it's fine to do mods, get tuned, and make power...it's quite another to talk shit about it relentlessly without doing anything.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #70 (permalink)

In the end, we obviously have opposing personalities that cannot be reconciled, so it's not worth the effort to converse. Just avoid contact in the future. I don't reply to you in threads, so please do the same for me. CEvoC would probably more fun for you anyway.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #71 (permalink)

Poll closed - good responses. I'm a little surprised by the distribution of answers - people don't seem to express their interest in #3 that much. It's good to see the vast majority is not interested in dyno queens.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread