255 Walbro - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Midwest
255 Walbro

When i bought the car, the guy told me that the car has a walbro 255lph fuel pump, so the other day i took the back seat off to see if there is a 255 fuel pump and if the cover has been taken off before (sometimes you can tell when things have been messed with), but the screws seemed untouched nor did the cover, but anyways i removed the cover to see if the rest of the set up has been tempered with when the fuel pump was installed, but everything seemed perfect, soooo my question is...The fule pump replace might have been done either PERFECT and CLEAN or the guy lied to me, IS there a way to know if there is a 255 fuel pump without having to take the pump out? I remember on my dsm the 255 use to make a distinguish noise when the ignition was turned on.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

no real way of knowing for sure unless you pull it as far as i know but you can normally tell with how loud they are while the car is running. if your fuel pump is loud then i would imagine its a 255
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Midwest
where do you listen for it? Should i put my ear by the area or what? I do hear a humming noise but i am not sure what the stock one actually sounds like, so i cant really compare..

Old 08-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
The BEST way is to take it out and you'll find out the Truth from there......you can TRY to listen to it whine. It should whine real loud when you start up the car. If it don't whine or don't whine loud at all, then you obviously don't have a Walbro......usually Walbros are fawking loud as fawk. Especially if you take the back seats out, you'll hear everything, haha!
But yeah mang, the best way is take the the Fuel Pump Housing out and check it from there, you'll for sure know if you have a OEM or Walbro Pump.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
My 255lph is not that loud. I can hear it but because of my exhaust and lack of trunk material i can't hear mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement