30 PS to found!!!! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

30 PS to found!!!!

Hello to Everyone I'm Dimitris and i am from Greece.
My Best friend has An Evolution 9 with A handmade system Exhaust from the downpipe and back ( including aftermarket cat) He also had an Aftermarket intake maybe Aem and a Reprogram in his Engine management.
He dyno 340 on the wheel and we want to know a way to take about 30-40 ps more.
We thinking about an aftermarket exhaust header
Any other ideals?
Thank you very much!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

hmm

An Evo can't produce that amount of power at the wheels with just a full exhaust, full intake and flash unless you didn't list all the aftermarket mods. To gain more power at the wheels; the best mod for the money would be camshafts(intake&exhaust). Lower IC piping helps more then upper IC piping. Running a 3inch Tbe will give you more power for your money as well as a mbc and aftermarket fuel pump. There's no need tp buy an aftermarket manifold when you can just port and coat your oem one which will make about the same power or a bit less from a newer one. SS or port&coated o2 housing will help also; 02 dump(external wastegate) will help even more with gains of more then over 10awhp throughout your powerband. After all these mods, you should have more then what your goal is in the end after a good tune. G/L
Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
he has a evo 9 which will produce about 40whp then a evo 8 with the same mods. also this poster is not the owner of the car and may not know every mod on the car. Evo 9's can make this kind of power on a dynojet with not as many mods as a evo 8. If this was on a mustang dyno i would be majorly shocked. Anyway as for the tune if he has the jdm 3 bar map sensor on his car from the factory sine its not a usdm car in the tune he could have boost controlled by the sensor. Its very effective and works just as good as any mbc from what i hear and it is less prone to spike.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

not to get off track, but whats the difference between dynos? dont they all measure the same thing? and why do more people build the evo 8 then the 9? if it gets more hp per mod? just curious
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
not to get off track, but whats the difference between dynos? dont they all measure the same thing? and why do more people build the evo 8 then the 9? if it gets more hp per mod? just curious
Yea, alot of people mod the heck outta an EvoVIII instead of the newer models. I havn't seen a very fast evo9 anywhere close to the EvoVIII beasts out there. I guess because it's cheaper and the 8's are more suitable for a drag car then a 9. 9's are more of a autocross/handling car from my perspective but they do tune alot better overall. That's one question I'd like to know the full answer from too.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
People build more 8's because the 9 was only offered for a model year and a half. So there were a lot more 8's made then 9's. I have seen plenty of 9's well over the 500whp on a mustang dyno. Both great cars and can do whatever you want to build them for. The evo 8 motor does have the highest HP mark out there when it comes to fully built drag cars. The 9 is more power with basic bolt ons. The Ix has a better designed turbo which flows more and spools up just as fast if not faster then the 8. Also the 9 has larger cooling ports in the head which means its more effiecent turbo can run more PSI when tuned right. As for handling last time i checked all the evos have the same suspension besides the MR's which use the bilsteins, so why would this make the 9 a btter autocross car? also the 9's gearbox is a little different, some of the gears are longer then the 8's and some are way shorter when you look at the 5spds. just read some of the research out there and willl all point to the same thing the Evo regardless of year is a major tuner car and performs perfectly for what it is built for.

As for the dynos yes they all measure HP and TQ but some do it in other ways. Like a dynojet measures this without putting load on the car producing higher HP numbers then a mustang dyno. A mustang dyno calculates load and from what I have heard from tuners gives you a btter tune for your car. The mustang dyno I was tuned on reads almost 20% lower then a typical dynojet. I don't care about HP numbers i care about my car performing awesome when i need it to so the mustang dyno was my first choice. If you are looking for just numbers then get dynod on a dynojet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement