Almost there! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Almost there!

I haven't posted much, I just like to read alot. I'll try and get more involved though now since I seem to have a better understanding of the forums and what is expected. I think I have almost reached my personal goal. Based on a few trips in another Evo owners ride I decided about 330-360hp (Mustang Dyno)was going to be enough for me. All of my current mods are listed in my profile. I have since purchased and will install soon...

Turbo XS FMIC - I live in Phoenix and I'm hoping this will help a little with the heat.
Walbro 255
845cc Injectors - I was going to get a 30 series turbo and changed my mind
GSC S1 Cams - I guess these will show up in the mail soon enough

My little Megan Manifold is 1600F coated and I will be sending out my hotside and o2 (recoated) probably tomorrow if I'm not feeling lazy.

Do I appear to be just about there? Or will I need to make another purchase? I don't want to run meth. I actually purchased a kit and resold it. I don't really want to bother with that. Besides digging in my wallet I'm loving my Evo, it really shows its value when the wife and I are not getting along.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I'd use an AMS or Buschur FMIC over the TXS. People usually try to run that one just to save a few hundred bucks.

Do they even make 845cc injectors? It usually goes from 780 to 880, but I've never seen 845. Anyway, if using the stock turbo, then by no means should you install those 845s. I'd sell them and use the money towards something else.

Cams and Walbro are good.

Megan manifold is not too good, since it will crack. Best to port and coat the stocker for less than the price of the Megan uncoated.

Porting and coating the hotside is good.

Coating the o2 is good if it's an SS O2. Don't mess with the stock o2.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

I got the Turbo XS for a great price. It will do the job.

845cc injectors are new from TTP but like you said, I'll probably sell them if I don't upgrade the turbo.

I picked up the Megan for $50 from a friend. I've owned it for 3 months. No problems yet but I heard it will crack someday. I hate the stocker, something about the thing is just repulsive.

It is a SS O2 that has a silver 1200F coating but I want to recoat it in 1600F black. I'm not into alot of bling under the hood. Do you think I'm just about to the goal?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
330+ on a Mustang Dyno I can't call it and I don't know about making that much power everyday in Arizona either. If it's just a glory day on the dyno, and if you can't hit it with the cams and FMIC, dump in some 100 octane and crank it up to 25 psi. Let us know what it takes.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

You may get close to the 330ish range since it's an IX, but that 91 octane will hold you back since you won't be able to run as much boost or timing. Like Larry state, with some 100+ octane mixed in or even straight 100+ octane then sure you would see those numbers on the dyno. That being said however unless you're always running a mix or pump and race then you're back to your crappy 91 octane tune which you would obviously notice quite a difference with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement