AMS 3076R Kit Evo IX Dyno Results. - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
AMS 3076R Kit Evo IX Dyno Results.

I recieved the AMS 3076R about a month ago finnaly got the kit and supporting mods in and made it to the the Dyno today for a full day of tuning. Here are a list of the supporting mods on the car.

Car : 2006 Evo IX

AMS 3076R Kit
AMS TBE Test Pipe (resonated)
Precision 780cc injectors
HKS DLI II ignition amplifer
Denso Iridium Plugs ( one step colder gapped to 28)
ETS FMIC
Aquamist HFS-5 Meth/Alky Injection kit
Unothodox Adjustable Cam Gear (Exhaust Side)
Cosworth IX cams
ARP Headstuds
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
Innovate XD-16 Wide Band
Nisei UICP
Nisei Mini Battery Kit
Forge RS BOV
Exedy Twin HD Cerametallic

To start off the car is a total different animal then when I had my stock turbo with ported 02 housing, Tbe, Tune, ect.... The car pulls like a total bat out of hell the second you start to hit boost. Eric and everyone at AMS was nothing but helpfull with every question I had which was a ton and I could have not been happier with the quality of the Kit when it arrived.

Below I will post various pictures of the parts and car and also a dyno sheet.

Now for the Dyno sheet.

This is 91 octane PUMP GAS ONLY * NO METH*!!!!!!!
The car was holding great at 24psi with no knock what so ever with afr around 10.5-10.9. The car has alot of room left for more power but we ran out of time for tuning on the dyno and with the dyno housing reaching in excess of 100 degrees it was time to call it a day. Justin was just the MAN when it came to tuning and working on the car, We had some serious problems with the car's ECU from a previous tuner who messed with the car when he flew out here and Justin and I spent HOURS getting it right and the power he pulled out of this car on pump gas is un-real with plenty left over.

Keep in mind also this is in Colorado at 5600' above sea level like stated before on 91 octane and no meth. The reason for no injection at this time is I want to give myself time to get to know the car better with the new kit.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Hey, John, was this with the normal CF that Super Rupair uses or a higher one?

How was the ECU messed from the previous tune? I've never heard of such a thing. Did you not have your stock MAP to upload so that Justin could start from scratch?

I look forward to the gains on meth!

Old 05-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Clayton,

Around 1.1 CF. It seemed that my ECU was locked from the pervious tune and we couldn't even touch it so we had to use a unlocker. We had to upload a stock map but the car then was push all sorts of CEL's so we had to get that worked out.

Yeah the meth gains should be really good but for now I am going to go ahead and get to know the car as it is and then add the meth, ams vsr intake, and possibly a standalone into the mix next month.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Oh, only 1.1? Wow, that's even lower than anyone else uses on that dyno, so your power is insane. The Subie guys that dyno'd after you were saying you used a 1.38 CF to see what it would be like on MAC's Dynojet, but maybe that was a different 30R Evo at Super Rupair on a different day.

My uncorrected numbers on the IX turbo with all my mods and 26psi on alky were 284. With a 1.1 CF, that means your uncorrected numbers are 377. That's almost 100whp more than I have despite being on 91oct and less boost. I know the 3076 is a good turbo, but DAMN, that's crazy power. My setup at sea level would make around 380-400whp (Dynojet), so for you to make 480-500 Dynojet sea level equivalent on straight 91 is unheard of. As it stands, it should trap around 120 if the numbers are right...

Now, I see what you mean about the lockout. Al does that to keep other tuners from stealing his maps. However, there should not have been a problem when uploading your stock map...unless you meant to say you uploaded someone ELSE's stock map and then threw codes.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Oh, only 1.1? Wow, that's even lower than anyone else uses on that dyno, so your power is insane. The Subie guys that dyno'd after you were saying you used a 1.38 CF to see what it would be like on MAC's Dynojet, but maybe that was a different 30R Evo at Super Rupair on a different day.

My uncorrected numbers on the IX turbo with all my mods and 26psi on alky were 284. With a 1.1 CF, that means your uncorrected numbers are 377. That's almost 100whp more than I have despite being on 91oct and less boost. I know the 3076 is a good turbo, but DAMN, that's crazy power. My setup at sea level would make around 380-400whp (Dynojet), so for you to make 480-500 Dynojet sea level equivalent on straight 91 is unheard of. As it stands, it should trap around 120 if the numbers are right...

Now, I see what you mean about the lockout. Al does that to keep other tuners from stealing his maps. However, there should not have been a problem when uploading your stock map...unless you meant to say you uploaded someone ELSE's stock map and then threw codes.

I would have to get Justin involved with the whole ECU thing but it really took a bite out of time to get it all worked out with everything else.... The car is very very strong and like I said it had more left in it since we left it on the rich side and Justin did a great job tuning it. With the next mods and the alky I am really expecting to see over the 450whp mark but that will be done when Justin gets back from training. Now just to get used to the extra vibes and squealing with the new HD clutch.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good stuff man. Have fun with the clutch. It took me a few months to get the feel of the twin HD and every once in a great while I'll stall it. I have the AMS 50 kit and would like to see what it puts on the same dyno with the same corrections you have.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

MAN I'd hate to pull up on you and honk the horn 3x! Nice work.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
Good stuff man. Have fun with the clutch. It took me a few months to get the feel of the twin HD and every once in a great while I'll stall it. I have the AMS 50 kit and would like to see what it puts on the same dyno with the same corrections you have.
Yeah the clutch is a pita at times...... my has a ton of chatter along with a loud spueal when I downshift without rev matching--- sound familar?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yes, the chatter is something you'll have to get use to. It can be annoying but it's the price ya pay for the performance! The squeal is typical due to the friction material. The stock clutch is organic and quite a bit softer. The cera-metallic pucks on the Exedy will definately give off some noise if they engage harshly. I recommend you blurp the gas when you downshift, it's second nature to me now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement