AMS VIII/IX F1-I Intake Manifold - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
AMS VIII/IX F1-I Intake Manifold

I dont know if any of you have one but this guy right here LARRYBOY<<< is getting one lol

The AMS EVO VIII/IX F1-I Intake Manifold was designed to outperform every 4G63 manifold available including our own VSR. We referenced many modern design examples and engineering studies to bring you the best intake manifold ever made for the EVO VIII/IX.

For the past 3 years the AMS VSR has been the standard to which all other manifolds were compared. For the F1-I the plan was simple, to take our already power potent VSR and make it even better! Designed and prototyped in house by our team of engineers the new AMS F1-I Intake Manifold now features cast aluminum construction for added strength. Casting this manifold also allowed us to optimize the output of the manifold with larger bell horns, larger plenum, and matched cylinder port angles.

In preliminary testing the plastic/fiberglass F1-I prototype was tested back to back against the AMS VSR. At only 15 pounds of boost the new design made an additional 15-17whp horsepower across the board! 5% gains were seen throughout the ENTIRE POWER BAND!

Features

Powder Coated Black

Cast aluminum construction for added strength
CAD optimized tapered runners, dyno tested for maximum results
Matched cylinder port angle

Large bell horns and plenum
Choice of throttle body bolt pattern
Includes

AMS F1-I Intake Manifold*
Factory Mitsubishi throttle body and intake manifold gasket
Stainless steel intake manifold support bracket
Vacuum fittings
Custom made dip stick tube
All necessary hardware and detailed installation guide
Options

Throttle body flange types: Stock Mitsubishi and Ford 4.6

Applications

Mitsubishi Evolution 8, 9
Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models
Note: Please indicate when ordering what throttle body you will run. If you want to run the 4.6 flange AMS recommends running the Boomba throttle body to keep stock like idle and drivability.

Note: Due to throttle body placement on the F1-I, the upper IC pipe may need to be modified. Proper throttle cable adjustment is needed to ensure 100% throttle opening. A throttle stop (available through AMS) may be needed for aftermarket throttle bodies.
Vehicle Warranty and Emissions: A vehicle modified by the use of performance parts and tuning may not meet the legal requirements for use on public roads. Use or installation of performance parts and tuning may adversely affect the drivability and reliability of your vehicle, and may also affect or eliminate your insurance coverage, factory warranty and new OEM part warranty. Performance parts are sold as is without any warranty of any type. There is no warranty stated or implied due to the stress placed on your vehicle by performance parts and our inability to monitor its use, tuning or modification.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
not worth the money. also our stock manis are pretty damn good, my buddys build he wanted alot of power and has a 2.33r stroker with a hta 35r and alky, he lost a lot of torque with AMS's manifold then switched back the next week. I think its not a part I would even consider until at least +700whp
Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

and 700 is not what im shooting for haha.. so i think i will hold off

Old 02-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
maybe the new design is completely different but I have not seen a comparison where the aftermarket made any more torque then the stocker
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Send a message via AIM to JDM EXOTICS
i agree, those runners look way too short for lightly moded engines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JDM parts and accessories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement