The best parts r? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 04 EVO
Club Region: Southeast
Question The best parts r?

I was told yesterday I need a turbo back exhaust, blow off valve, boost controller, front mount intercooler and the piping, cams, fuel pump, intake, and a tune for my evo8. Can anyone tell me who makes the best of each of those?

Last edited by smokeshow; 11-23-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: didnt specify car
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Im moved your thread to the Bolt-On Power Mods section of the forum. We were unable to reply to your thread because you posted it in an Article section. No worries though.

For an exhaust, you want to find something with the least amount of bends in it. 3in diameter from front to back. Pretty simple at that.

For a blow off valve, just get an Evo IX BOV, its metal and doesnt leak like the Evo VIII valve that is plastic. The metal BOV can handle up to 25psi, maybe a little more. And thats all you need for bolt on mods.

Hallman makes some pretty cheap and reliable manual boost controllers. Or you can get an electric boost controller. Ask your tuner if they know how to do ECU controlled boost, I believe that is by far the most reliable and effective way of controlling your boost without it tapering down much towards redline.

Check ETS for intercooler and piping, you should find what you need on their site and they have some pretty decent priced packages. You can even get your air intake on there as well.

The fuel pump youre going to want is the Walbro 255.

And finally, for cams, you really dont want to go with more than 272/272. Id do some research on those to see what brand you want to go with. But my suggestion would be Kelford, or even Comp. Im a big fan of Kelford though.

Where do you live? Its hard to tell you where to get a tune though. I honestly would stay away from the mail in tunes. Especially if you dont have a laptop, tactrix cable and all of the software needed to put the tune on your car.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 11-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
^^this guy knows his stuff!

A tune will be the key to the whole setup overall!

Also once again what are your goals for the car? before you stated money wasnt a issue but you were concerned about MPG? are you looking for a certain MPG? and just to warn you up front the evo gas tank is on the smaller side

Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 04 EVO
Club Region: Southeast
I have a good job so I can build up the car no problem I just don't want to spend all my money on gas. I did that with a camaro I put tons of money in it and couldn't afforrd to drive, then sold it for a quarter of what I had in it, I don't want to do that again. (I drive 50 miles to and from work) sucks! No work in my town damn economy! Lol back to the evo. My goals for the car r to make it as fast as possible without it killing me on gas, and I want it to b reliable of course. I don't know anyone that has an evo that's y I joined this forum plus I read a lot of posts and y'all sound like u know these cars very well. Thank u for ur help by the way. Good gas mileage in a sports car to me is 18 to 20 miles to the gallon if I can get like 400 horse and stay in that mpg range ill be stoked.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
your goal is attainable, i was gettting 26mpg with close to 400whp when you dont have your foot in it.

I drove mine everyday at 96 miles a day roundtrip and gas wasnt really a issue, i just hate filling up every other day since the evos gas tank is super small.

I still think if building a car with no budget cap and then worrying about gas mileage sounds like a contradiction. anyway do the basic mods we listed and get a tune, this is of course if your car is all mechanically sound!

Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Ahhh, dont forget head studs either. Youll definitely want to get a set of those.

With the correct tune you can easily be getting 25-26 mpg while still having a powerful, yet reliable Evo. Just like SicLanEvo said, you can run near 400 awhp, but who knows, maybe even more.

I WANNA GO FAST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement